Efficient fuel consumption
Simple to start up
I bought this mower in September and it started to get harder to start. I changed filter spark plug and fuel. I took it back to who sent me to a repaired, apparently dust got into the engine and its not covered under warranty. The guy told me he had a couple of other mowers with the same issue. There's obviously an issue that Masport our briggs and stratton are keeping to themselves. Can't believe i spent over $600 on this. I should have kept my rover that had been going strong for 10 years.
Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $649.00.
Only used twice. Cord won’t pull on third attempt
Cord won’t pull after only two uses. Their manual explains nothing important. Contacting Masport is frustrating, as they have a form to fill out, asking too many details, and I have to wait for them to contact me after sending the form. I need to use it today, not later on. These large companies just don’t care about the individual customer. They should at least have the curtesy to print out a decent manual or have a website for troubleshooting. I’m sorry I bought it.
Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.
LEMON mower avoid - failed after 4 uses
Bought from Bunnings 2019. Motor supposed to be good quality Briggs and Stratton 625 EX. After 4 uses on very small lawn motor refused to start, after many attempts started a couple of times, spluttered,coughed out smoke, then died when attempted to push over grass. Yet another example of shoddy manufacturing and rip off products that last a few months if you are lucky. Avoid at all costs.
Purchased in March 2019 for $599.00.
Questions & Answers
Good morning I have a Masport Morrison 490 chipper catcher mower I need a diagram of the front axle setup
I don’t thinks consumers would have this unless it is in your manual
Has any user had experience with whether 788310 blade/bolts can be used on this mower. I've read they seem to be the same as 783529 which is only a two blade/bolt set?
Pity you didn’t ask Masport
Get an answer from our members
- The Masport 490 4n’1 Petrol Lawn Mower can cut, catch, mulch, side discharge, and chip, making it a versatile unit that lets you mow your way.
- It’s powered by a Briggs & Stratton 150cc OHV 625EX ReadyStart™ 4-stroke engine, giving it the strength to tackle your lawn.
- A 4 blade disc system with increased airflow allows for better catching of grass.
- The mower weighs 32.26kg.
- It has a minimum cutting height of 7mm and a maximum cutting height of 70mm, making achieving the right lawn for you a simple task.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the lawn mower had impressive fuel consumption, and was economical to run.
- They also noted that the machine was relatively quiet compared to similar models.
- According to reviewers, the mower is simple to start up, even after a long period of not using it. Reviewers said that it either started after the first pull, or after just a few pulls.
|Category||Petrol Lawn Mowers|
|Features||Mulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Side Discharge|
|Catcher Capacity||42 L|
|Cutting Deck Material||Steel|
|Cutting Width||485 mm|
|Height of Cut||7 mm to 71 mm|
|Number of Blades||5|
|Manufacturer Warranty||4 year(s)|
|Engine / Motor|
|Engine Name||Briggs & Stratton 625EX 150cc 4-stroke OHV|
|Engine Type||4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)|
|Brand||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine Displacement||150 cc|
- MPN: 578763
Other Petrol Lawn Mowers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.