Efficient fuel consumption
Simple to start up
Good but some poor design features!
This is my second Masport 4 in 1, the first lasted me some 18 years mowing lawns on an 1,820 square metre block. I bought both because of the mulching and chipping capabilities which worked well on both machines. The new one is easy to manipulate and adjust and cuts quite well. My main gripe is that the air-intake is too near the base of the machine and any dusty mowing quickly results in a heavily clogged air filter. This really needs a thorough cleaning after every mowing, especially in drier weather when there is more dust. My second gripe i...s that it leaks petrol whenever you turn it on its side to clean underneath or inspect the blades. I never had this problem with the first machine. I regard both of the above as poor design and wonder why Masport has allowed this to happen in this day and age. Maybe, too many boffins involved who never actually use the mower they design?
Purchased in May 2019 for $599.00.
Questions & Answers
Good morning I have a Masport Morrison 490 chipper catcher mower I need a diagram of the front axle setup
I don’t thinks consumers would have this unless it is in your manual
Has any user had experience with whether 788310 blade/bolts can be used on this mower. I've read they seem to be the same as 783529 which is only a two blade/bolt set?
Pity you didn’t ask Masport
Get an answer from our members
- The Masport 490 4n’1 Petrol Lawn Mower can cut, catch, mulch, side discharge, and chip, making it a versatile unit that lets you mow your way.
- It’s powered by a Briggs & Stratton 150cc OHV 625EX ReadyStart™ 4-stroke engine, giving it the strength to tackle your lawn.
- A 4 blade disc system with increased airflow allows for better catching of grass.
- The mower weighs 32.26kg.
- It has a minimum cutting height of 7mm and a maximum cutting height of 70mm, making achieving the right lawn for you a simple task.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the lawn mower had impressive fuel consumption, and was economical to run.
- They also noted that the machine was relatively quiet compared to similar models.
- According to reviewers, the mower is simple to start up, even after a long period of not using it. Reviewers said that it either started after the first pull, or after just a few pulls.
|Category||Petrol Lawn Mowers|
|Features||Mulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Side Discharge|
|Catcher Capacity||42 L|
|Cutting Deck Material||Steel|
|Cutting Width||485 mm|
|Height of Cut||7 mm to 71 mm|
|Number of Blades||5|
|Manufacturer Warranty||4 year(s)|
|Engine / Motor|
|Engine Name||Briggs & Stratton 625EX 150cc 4-stroke OHV|
|Engine Type||4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)|
|Brand||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine Displacement||150 cc|
- MPN: 578763
Other Petrol Lawn Mowers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.