Efficient fuel consumption
Simple to start up
Does a good job
bought a Masport lawn mower from Bunnings. It is really simple to operate and the catcher has great storage. I use my lawn mower on quite tall and healthy grass and the lawn mower shows no struggle
Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
Amazing Lawn Mower
We bought a Masport lawn mower from Bunnings. It is really simple to operate and the catcher has great storage. I use my lawn mower on quite tall and healthy grass and the lawn mower shows no struggle.
Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.
Made the right choice!
Being a first time lawn owner I decided to get a professional to do it for the first few months until I realised I couldn't justify the cost in the long run. After much research I decided to go the Masport 4n1 over a battery lawn mower (In main due to the reviews on this site). Purchased it and after 2 weeks of waiting I finally had the chance yesterday to try it out. Boy it didn't disappoint! The main thing for me was the quality of cut and seriously I can't tell the difference between the Masport and the professional with the cylinder mow...er. In fact in some ways because I took my time, it's a better cut. It started first time every time (4-5 times I emptied the catcher and each time I shut it off). Bloody brilliant!!! And the noise...what noise...had it on half power and really surprised how quiet it was.
Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $600.00.
Best lawn mower
Love this lawnmower, easy for a woman to use, tells you when it's full, doesn't guzzle petrol, worth every cent! Easy to clean also. My lawn looks great. Thanks bunnings
Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $449.00.
Find out how Masport Bunnings 490 4'n1 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Good morning I have a Masport Morrison 490 chipper catcher mower I need a diagram of the front axle setup
I don’t thinks consumers would have this unless it is in your manual
Has any user had experience with whether 788310 blade/bolts can be used on this mower. I've read they seem to be the same as 783529 which is only a two blade/bolt set?
Pity you didn’t ask Masport
Get an answer from our members
- The Masport 490 4n’1 Petrol Lawn Mower can cut, catch, mulch, side discharge, and chip, making it a versatile unit that lets you mow your way.
- It’s powered by a Briggs & Stratton 150cc OHV 625EX ReadyStart™ 4-stroke engine, giving it the strength to tackle your lawn.
- A 4 blade disc system with increased airflow allows for better catching of grass.
- The mower weighs 32.26kg.
- It has a minimum cutting height of 7mm and a maximum cutting height of 70mm, making achieving the right lawn for you a simple task.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the lawn mower had impressive fuel consumption, and was economical to run.
- They also noted that the machine was relatively quiet compared to similar models.
- According to reviewers, the mower is simple to start up, even after a long period of not using it. Reviewers said that it either started after the first pull, or after just a few pulls.
|Category||Petrol Lawn Mowers|
|Features||Mulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Side Discharge|
|Catcher Capacity||42 L|
|Cutting Deck Material||Steel|
|Cutting Width||485 mm|
|Height of Cut||7 mm to 71 mm|
|Number of Blades||5|
|Manufacturer Warranty||4 year(s)|
|Engine / Motor|
|Engine Name||Briggs & Stratton 625EX 150cc 4-stroke OHV|
|Engine Type||4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)|
|Brand||Briggs & Stratton|
|Engine Displacement||150 cc|
- MPN: 578763
Other Petrol Lawn Mowers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.