Masport Bunnings 490 4'n1

Masport Bunnings 490 4'n1

MPN: 578763

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Joe denyer

Joe denyerGungahlin 2912, ACT

Lives up to its claims

The mower works well in wet and dry lawns it catches quite and also pick up other Gardens clippings with ease as well
Throttle on the machine is also very responsive doesn’t stick like some mowers all in all very impressed with fuel consumption as well

Purchased in April 2018 for $389.00.

Easy start. Great work hourse

One tank does my whole lawn the back yard is flat but the front has a steep climb the wide tyres make pushing easy over soft soil and rough edges. The mower is very quite compared to my old mower

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rhys K.

Rhys K.Sydney, NSW

Better with age

After first picking this up at the local Bunnings I took it home and couldn't start it.

I was loathe to return it as I didn't want to deal with all the hassle of warranty claims and wait times so I persisted. After about an hour watching puffs of white smoke and it not starting I tried some Start Ya, and after a few pulls it roared to life.

Had it for a few months now and it starts first or second pull every time. Impressed with the high quality and ease of use and it's multiple features.

Worried at first but it's definitely been a good buy.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Product is used: Weekly

Only used twice. Cord won’t pull on third attempt

Cord won’t pull after only two uses. Their manual explains nothing important. Contacting Masport is frustrating, as they have a form to fill out, asking too many details, and I have to wait for them to contact me after sending the form. I need to use it today, not later on. These large companies just don’t care about the individual customer. They should at least have the curtesy to print out a decent manual or have a website for troubleshooting. I’m sorry I bought it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jipped and angry

Jipped and angryMelbourne

LEMON mower avoid - failed after 4 uses

Bought from Bunnings 2019. Motor supposed to be good quality Briggs and Stratton 625 EX. After 4 uses on very small lawn motor refused to start, after many attempts started a couple of times, spluttered,coughed out smoke, then died when attempted to push over grass. Yet another example of shoddy manufacturing and rip off products that last a few months if you are lucky. Avoid at all costs.

Purchased in March 2019 for $599.00.

Chantelle

ChantelleHunter Region, NSW

Best lawn mower

Love this lawnmower, easy for a woman to use, tells you when it's full, doesn't guzzle petrol, worth every cent! Easy to clean also. My lawn looks great. Thanks bunnings

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $449.00.

Richie

RichieSouth West, WA

Hard Grafting Residential Mower with Commercial Grunt.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $580.00.

Alan D

Alan DSouth East Queensland, QLD

I stared my business with this mower and it served me well for a year before I sadly had to dis own her

Easy to use and very reliable never had a issue with it until the end only thing was it was a little hard to start but otherwise good mad my money back 10 fold

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Yval

YvalPalmeston

great multipurpose mower

So I bought this along with a new whipper snipper ready for the rainy season. Our old one still usable but struggled to keep up. This machine does heavy duty works, large and heavy enough to stay on the ground and mow our entire yard evenly in one go. the catcher is roomy so I don't need to keep empty it up unless I mow green branches and weed from my veggie garden. The engine is covered properly, made by Briggs&Stratton (625exi). Overall it has a great design with wood chipper although it is a bit lame since we can only put 35mm branches, this is mainly good for palm fronds. Easy to start, so far no problem. Noise wise, it is bearable.

Purchased in December 2018.

pont67

pont67AU

Not perect but pretty good

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Keith

KeithMelbourne, Vic

Great mower.

I recently purchased this mower based primarily on the reviews here. I have used it several times and am really pleased with every aspect of it. The mower has started first time every time with no choke or priming to fiddle about with. As a left hander, I find the pedal to allow the handle to tilt forward when emptying the catcher very useful. As the mower is so easy to start I now can switch it off when emptying the catcher. The engine also has a governor which means you set the throttle to maximum and it will automatically rev up or down depending on the height/thickness of the grass. I don't imagine I will have any issues with this mower but will update the review if I do.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Very good impressions after first use. Starts first pull.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

rick

rick

perfect mower worth it for price

Great mower not much you can say about it but does the job and sarts every time so and for around 500 bucks it great value just one thing with this mower is the blades are crazy high in price all tho you can run just two blades which cheap option

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Pickles JonesPerth

Suprisingly Starts First Pull

This mower is fitted with a Briggs and Stratton petrol engine which surprisingly starts at first pull every time, like they say it should.

Briggs and Stratton engines have come a long way operationally over the last few years and this engine is matched well to the mower, giving ample power for a tough mow.

I have owned it for two years now and have never used the catcher as the mulcher mode works really good.

The mower its self is good quality and the four cutting blade system works really well.

I would recommend this mower to a friend.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Adam09

Adam09Brisbane

I never thought it would be possible to love your lawnmower!

After moving to a house with a very large yard after 14 years of apartment living - add to that the fact I'd NEVER mowed a lawn in my life - It took me a while to choose the right mower. I ended up choosing the Masport 490 and definitely have no regrets. SO easy to setup, and due to our large lawn I love that I don't need to use the catcher & have the choice of mulch / smart chute.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Edd

Eddbatemansbay

Great

Just bought it and love it not one complaint yet , cuts great only have to have it on half power for normal moeing if using the mulching plug than full,power is needed . Easy to put together . starts easy , I did a lot of research on a variety of moers and this one lives up to its reviews .

Date PurchasedJul 2018

2540Illawarra, NSW

Still going great and still starting easily. 3 years later.

Bought in 2015 after my old blue Victa retired itself.
Starts first pull 95% of the time and does everything it should.
Chipper chute has been great as whenever I run into a low hanging branch it's just a matter of clipping it off and throwing it in, and it's mulch! (only up to around pinky finger thickness)
Catcher fills very quickly but the mower cuts so fine that I just stopped catching.
Really pleased and the box even fitted in my back seat.(just) Holden Statesman.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

t18

t18Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great value

Love tjis mower. Always starts stright up and gives a nice cut. Catcher can fill a bit quick, nut not really that bad. Nice and quiet compared to my ols Victa. Would purchase another masport when this one conks out. But that seems lime it will be a fair way off.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Weiss

WeissVictoria

Own 2, with 1 return experience

If you get a good one, it works well and is of good value for money. Unfortunately, we had to go through some trouble to finally get a good one. The first we bought wouldn’t start after two months. Initially, bunnings would not refund. We had to take it for repair, and the repairer changed $50 to ‘check’ it but could not fix it. Bunnings took pity on us and replaced it with a new one. Then just on the two-year mark, this one let off black smoke. We took it for repair, and luckily the repair worked and has been working fine. We also own another one for my parents’ house. It has been working fine for 2.5 years.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

TheRegularGuy

TheRegularGuynewcastle

A cut above ...

Easy to start first time everytime one pull no priming.
The foldaway handle is excellent.
The mulch plug and blade has seen the old standalone mulcher sit quietly in the corner. For the odd stick the blade works fine but the standout is how the mulchplug pulverises any leaves ect on the ground as you mow over it. Like a NutriBullet for the garden.
Side discharge is a welcome addition for catchless mowing.
It’s easy to turn and push and the extra width cutting has worked out to be a few less up and downs the backyard. Not so good for the Fitbit but great for not cutting into too much couch time.
Rock solid Briggs and Stratton motor with a variable speed control that is actually useful not just full speed or nothing.

Date PurchasedJul 2017