Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 578762
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masport? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Tim
Tim

Starts first go everytime

The best thing about Masport mowers is where your wheel goes the blade goes. I have owned Masport mowers for the last 7 years and found them to be reliable and efficient mowers. Whether you are using them for commercial or home you can't go wrong using a Masport mower.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Dave
DaveNSW, 2340

Great mower

My mower always does a great job. The Wider deck minimises the passes over the back yard. Starts every time and 4 stroke engine is much quieter than my old 2 stroke mower. Very easy to start and never misses a beat. I love the catcher level indicator. I trust the Masport brand. This is a great mower for an average size Sydney yard.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
JENNY
JENNYSydney

Good product

We initially bought a Victor lawn mower which is said to be very good. Unfortunately, our Victor lasted for only 10 minutes and it stopped working completed. So we brought that Victor back to Bunnings and they could not fix it. So we exchanged the brand-new broken Victor for the Masport. And it has been operating fine. it is easy to operate and maintain, and the cutting results are good. I am happy with it so far.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
de rocky
de rockyMelbourne

A great mower

i am a owner operator lawnmower landscaper, i only use masport commercial mowers
they have never let me down so far,regular blade replacements and oil,spark plug,filter
change,they are not the high end like the hondas,but 1 pull away it goes,its never broken down
regular service and a bit of TLC still going and havent looked back.the mowers have paid themselves
over and over if its just luck i dont know, they wont last forever,but ill be buying new ones in the distant future

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Danny
DannySouth East Queensland, QLD

Dangerous - Do Not Buy

This mower is crap, the motor didn't last six months, the "smart chute" is faulty which caused2 broken windows and one rock to my own throat. Service department replaced the chute but after that couldn't care less about the mower. I was told I was misusing the mower. All I did was stand behind it and push it to cut the grass. Heap of crap, do not buy!

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Kerri SBunbury

What a waste of money - Masport 486 3N1

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Kerri S

Nearly 12 months on and this mower has practically died in the a$$. Yesterday, trying to mow the lawn and it would hardly go above idle speed. I am going to have to take it back for repair or replacement. Not happy, Jan >:(

awesome

Awesome mower found mine at the dump .Why it was thrown out i dont know ,cleaned the carby then fired straight up,it gets punished on big lawn jobs and i cant fault it.Always been a 2 stroke man but this dump found mower really has impressed me with all its power and ease for starting go get ya self one.

The catcher that cant catch!!!

After purchasing this machine from bunnings a few months later the catcher had a small split in it and i went back in for them to tell me there was no warranty on the catcher.i felt this was very poor as all i had done was mow the lawndidnt even know how this happened.Then the so called smart chute clip doesn't work so it lets grass come out the back.i now have to use a timber wedge to keep it closed.this has nothing to do with the small split either.I always had a victor which my last one went for ten years and got conned by the man at bunnings that this mower was great.This has a great cut and would be a great product if not for the cheap plastic chute that failed after 2 months so i would advoid purchasing.

a great disppointed 486

Gets the Job Done!

I found this mower started first go, was relatively quiet, felt light & easy to control, &, unlike other reviews I have seen, stopped when throttle was put into the right setting. The only minor issue was that the catcher wasn't as easy to reattach as other mowers I've had, but may come with time.

Very happy

I bought the Masport 486 after returning a Ryobi ( full marks to Ryobi and Bunnings for a no fuss return) which was cumbersome and then had mechanical problems. The 486 starts easy and is easy to push and move around. The catching efficiency is the best I have experienced. Construction is sturdy in the general body and the catcher mulcher attachments. I am impressed and recommend this mower.

ScottRock
ScottRockSouth East Queensland, QLD

Satisfied So Far

Brian M
Brian MNewcastle

Huge disappointment

Brand new 486 ST 3N'1 model bought Feb 2015 from Bunnings. Throttle didn't work so there was no way to turn it off. I ended up tipping it on its side to drain the petrol but this resulted in engine oil draining into the carburettor and air filter, and a massive smoke plume ensued before it eventually stopped.Throttle is covered under warranty; cleaning out the oil is at my expense. Don't know how else I could have got it to stop. Not happy. My first and last Masport. Don't yet know how it goes on the grass but will find out in 4 weeks when I get it back from the repairer!

Marco L
Marco LSydney

Faulty throttle - would not turn off

Had to unscrew the throttle wire from its housing to stop the mower. This was the first time using it. Model: 486.

Those who say they've had this mower for 5-10 years, the manufacturing quality must have been better then!

Returned mine to bunnings and got a full refund.

xts 60 almost unbreakable

I have had this mower/engine for just over ten years.
Stopped cleaning it just used it.
In all that time, I never did an oil change, and never changed the air filter, and never serviced. Not as easy start as the new Briggs.
just starting to smoke on startup, when it is warm no smoke.
pretty rock solid engine combined with cast mower body.
Just replaced it with a new self propelled model latest briggs engine, no primer bulb and auto choke. first pull start is impressive.
pity they dont make car engines this forgiving.
it probably would smoke if I had regularly serviced it.
Not many engines would take this kind of punishment. :)

jackyjacky
jackyjackysunshine coast

pile of junk

molimu
molimuSouth East Queensland, QLD

TRAUMATIC experience! Not very good.

Stefonovitch
Stefonovitch

Why didn't you turn the fuel off? No fuel, no go.

Ian12
Ian12

No fuel tap on those, mate. I wouldn't be too concerned about the review - surprisingly enough someone who had no idea how to operate the machine ran into trouble and managed to slag off anyone who attempted to help them!

David N
David N

I have had this mower for 13 years without a problem and I mow twice a week.

Garden_of_weeds
Garden_of_weeds

Almost Unbreakable the B&S XTS60 engine rocks!

Highly recommended. I love the mulching capability. Only ever used the catcher once. Chassis is good, no rust at all even though I have used it in wet conditions and tend not to clean it afterwards.
Very good, smooth and willing engine and mower. Has served me more than 8 years without a single problem at all.
2 blades rather than 4 blades but they are very strong.

davidng