Masport President 1500 ST S18

Masport President 1500 ST S18

Love my new mower

Great cut
Easy to use & maintain
Reccommend to new users with small to mefium size yard. We even got a trade in on our crappy broken mower that I was sick of using . I did a fair amount of research and found Masport to be my preferred option.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great replacement for my 17 year old Victa mower

My previous mower offered 17 years of good service. On the advice of afew retailers changed to Masport. The President 1500 is a great mover for a medium sized back yard and small nature strip. I bought it from a retailer in Bundoora who had one already set up, added oil and petrol and demonstrated how easy it is to start. So far very happy and am expecting another 17 years at least of good service.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good Quality Grass Mower

I bought this mower to replace a cheapo Chinese GMC (now defunct company) that wasn't worth repairing. I only need to mower a medium sized suburban block and it does the job very well. The mower seems to be well built and the catcher is just great. The mower will fill the catcher without problems. The supplied instructions are adequate, the local service backup is good and the operation of the unit is bog standard easy. It has great wheels and a collapse mechanism for the handle. It doesn't have a dead man's handle on it which my cheapo Chinese unit did but you get used to it. It is easy to maneuver about the yard. I comes with a mulching attachment which I still find a bit hard to put into place but I don't use it that often. The height adjustment mechanism seems to be well built and offers are good range of height. It comes with a foam filter which will need cleaning regularly, which isn't as easy as just buying a paper filter replacement for other models. I was going to buy a Greenfield mower but I couldn't justify the cost for such a heavy duty mower. This unit does what I want it to do and seems to do it quite well.

I've had this mower for a while now and on the whole I am happy with it. My only real beef is that installing and removing the mulching attachment requires a bit for force and is damned tricky at the best of times. Hard to get on and hard to get off.

what grade of fuel should i use in my masport 1500
I only use regular unleaded petrol. If you don’t have an owner manual I suggest that you go to masport’s website & have a look around. You may be able to ask them the question directly.

I have purchased one of these second hand and the throttle wont turn off, what could the problem be. This is the first lawn mower I've owned
check to see if the throttle cable is kinked or broken. can you see anything move when you move the throttle control at the handle? when you close the throttle you should be able to see the end of the cable move a small metal 'arm' for want of a better word and this is the fuel being cut off to the carburetor I think. once you see what part needs to be moved when you want to shut the fuel off, you can do it yourself by hand. if that doesn't work, i'd say it may be a case of taking it to a mower repair shop. I can't say if it is anything major wrong. my mower is still going quite well but it does have an easy life. let me know what happens please. 'bye

Most people advise the mulchi g attachment is hard to put on and hard to get off. Can you give opinion please.
To be honest we have not had the opportunity to use maybe over winterYes it is. However when I saw it in the shop, the fellow did it easily by hand. I don't use the mulching attachment all that often, but I find that I have to make sure that there's no caked on grass clippings anywhere around the catcher shute and I use a large screw driver to lever the part into and out of position. Perhaps if I used it more regularly, then it may become easier to do by hand.

President 1500 ST S18