Part of Masport President 4000 3.6

70% · 73 · 30%

Nah
NahBrisbane6 posts

This is very good

This is by far the best lawn mower that I ever had. No problems at all. Very affordable. Briggs and Sttratton engine is very strong and works great. I am very happy with my new mower. The grass in my yard was very long. And this mower did a great job. I have purchased three mowers in less than 5 years. So far this one is working great. I would recommend.

Quadrus
QuadrusAuckland
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

Falling to bits. Warranty not honoured

Used on a single easy-going lawn on a 5th acre house section. The plastic catcher has cracked, other plastic broken, rubber handle falling apart. Very inferior compared to the Victa I owned for 30 yrs. The Ellerslie Stihl Shop from whom I purchased the mower did not stock the spare parts or honour the warranty

mr weston
mr westonParadise15 posts
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

used on my aunts lawn as she ownd it works like a charm

It works completely fine and has a great amount of power and leaves great stripes on the lawn and easy to use the lawn mower. Works fine and is very fuel efficient. Please buy asap if it still available and I believe it is. Will definitely use it again if she wants me to.

Swanguy7
Swanguy7Hunter Region, NSW2 posts
Dave
DaveMelbourne9 posts
The Doctor
The DoctorWA20 posts
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

Great Mower for the Price!

I have owned two of these and were great for my horticultural business. Never had any issue. Reliable machine.

Better than Victa! Easy to use and works like a knife through butter!

The mulching feature is great on slightly longer grass in hot weather as you don't really need the grassbox!

Chris
Chris
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

Don't listen to negativity. This is a top mower

I recently replaced my victor 2 stroke of 20 years with the Masport 4000AL. Masport offered better value for money at $765 as opposed to the Honda HRU19K $850. I had to wait 5 days to receive the Masport, and my yard was in desperate need of mowing.

I'm so impressed with the Masport with its effortless power and huge catcher capability, I mowed my whole yard only having to empty the catcher twice. I would have had to empty the catcher on my victor at least 5 times. I didn't even need to get the blower out after mowing as the Masport left minimal clippings behind. I highly recommend this mower to anyone looking to replace any great mower.

Buster
BusterAdelaide3 posts

WASTE OF MONEY

Had the unit for almost 2 years, I was talked into it by the retailer, who I have purchased from in the past. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Masport should be embarrassed to sell this. It is gradually falling apart. Not sure where to start with the faults. The B&S motor is the only redeeming part of the unit, rest of the mower is very cheap. Retailer is not interested. Catcher does not fit properly, falls off all the time, pull started cord failed, list goes on.....I do like to do my own mechanical maintenance myself, but I have had enough. I should have purchased a pair of scissors, it would have been less stressful.

jase1987
jase1987AU28 posts
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

Great Mower At Good Price!

I bought my 4000al about 8 months ago, it was cheaper than some other high end mowers like Honda, etc. So far it's been great, starts and runs fine, catcher is good. 4 blades are great, also like the padding on handle. One bad point, mulch plug is hard to fit, once fitted it works ok, although don't use it on high grass or wet grass (common sense anyways), apart from that one problem it's good so far for the lower dollars.

BoofsaDog