3Masport President 4000

Masport President 4000 Questions & Answers

Shane M.
Shane M. · President 4000

High everyone. Lookin at byin this mower. Have a medium to large side yard with a slope at the front. We have received a lot of rain this summer and I'm mowing every 5 to 6 days. My old Honda has just died. My main question is how do they handle dry dusty conditions, because I know this beautiful spell of rainy weather won't last, and I want a mower that will. Cheers.

David S.

I live in Darwin which means we get a wet season and a dry season. During the wet it's hard to mow the lawn as you need to try and time a dry spell. That's not an issue during the dry season.
During the dry it can be very dusty. Although I water the lawn and try to keep a little bit of green around the place there's still ALOT of dust.
Other than a design flaw I have previously mentioned which is that it causes dust to come up between the catcher flap and the mower body-I would say the mower operates fine and works very hard but you will need to clean or replace the air filter every now and again.

Malcolm · President 4000

G'day, Is there a Grass Side Shoot for the 4000 President? If so what is its model number and approximately how much do they cost?

Thomas Lamberton

No not a side shoot attachment only the mulching attachment

G'day,

Gaza · President 4000

Can someone tell me how to use the smart flap

Thomas Lamberton

Mate they are a bit tight to fit (if you are meaning the mulching blank). You need to insert 1 side in first and then use a bit of push to get the other side to click in. Probably the hardest thing about using these mowers, but it works.

Gaza

Thx Thomas but I mean the smart chute that the catcher connects on to. There is a spring which appears to be able to hold the chute up but it appears you have to unclip it to swing it up somehow.

Dee
Dee · President 4000

how to attach the fitting that directs cuttings to the side?

David S.

I don't have an attachment that shoots to the side. My mulching attachment shoots the cut grass back into the ground. It's tricky to explain it but I'll try. Make sure the engine is off, open the catching compartment and put the attachment in the back as far as it will go then push down with your foot, it will click in then allow the catcher door/flap to close. Also try Youtube or, preferably, ask where you purchased it for a demo.

Jan E.
Jan E. · President 4000

how much does masport 4000 cost

Thomas Lamberton

Well the unit I purchased has a chipper/mulcher tube for sticks up to 30mm in diameter. This particular unit can cut/catch cut/mulch and rear throw via an attachment. And as mentioned above it has the chipper tube also. I paid $699 from memory and have not had a moments trouble with the mower. I would recommend this mower any day. It is worth every cent I paid for it. Oh and very easy o start every time.

Fired Up
Fired Up

But the price is listed in this site.
Or..you could just google it

narelle r.
narelle r. · President 4000

how much does the president 4000 st s19 combo weigh and the 3000 al s18 combo ? ONE HAS ALLOY CHASSIS AND OTHER IS STEEL , I HAVE TO CARRY ONTO VARIOUS SITES BEFORE USE .THANKS . ADAM

Suzie
Suzie · President 4000

Is my lawn mower 2 stroke or 4 stroke? it's a passport president 4000 quantum cats 60

Thomas Lamberton

Hi Suzie, if the mower is a passport president 4000 then it is a 4 stroke mower.

Philip Wang
Philip Wang · President 4000

Is chipperchute for chipping shrubs& branches useful?

Philip

D.Mason
D.Mason

Hi Philip, The Chipperchute is Only Design for Light Stuff like Small Twigs, Leaves, Small Garden Refuse and Weeds. If you going to use some very Large amounts of Garden Waste,, I Suggest you have to look at a Large Chipper Mulcher in Either a Electric or a Petrol Model. It is very useful as I have Seen some Mower Contractors use them only for Light Stuff Only. I Hope this Info has help you out Mate. Cheers and Good Luck.

Get an answer from our members and Masport representatives

Select a listing for your question
Masport President 4000