Mastercard Cash Passport

Mastercard Cash Passport (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cash Passport? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (3) · No (31)

Celia
CeliaSydney, NSW

No help whatsoever

Worst service ever!

Do not recommend!

Wish I had of read this before I purchased, will be cutting up! My intention was to use all of 2 currencies that I put in the cash passport (euro and pound). What I found frustrating was the fee (albeit small) that the ATM charged when withdrawing cash! but then left me with amounts (less than 10 pound 10 euro) in the cash passport that I could not withdraw because you can only withdraw denominations of 10 ( what ever currency). Small amount but wrong in principal. Now I'm trying to get money back - 3 weeks and still waiting! and going through over the top frustrating process!!

Kay
Kay

15 days later - still waiting to know what has happened to my $$. They seem to be refusing to deal with me through email. Have repeatedly said that I'm not available to speak on the phone.

sharon
sharonSouth East Queensland, QLD

10 wait for cash out

Waiting 10 weeks to get my cash back. There customer service is NIL, hung up on me every time I have called. Have contacted the Australian Ombudsman on these terrible people. Im using ING from now on. BOQ, should change from cash passport MasterCard to a more trustworthy company.

CurrencyUSD
Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Mastercard Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

BobE
BobESouth East Queensland, QLD

Get one as a last resort...

CurrencyCAD and USD

Do Not Use This Card!!!

CurrencyUSD
Ree
ReeCanberra 2600, ACT

Cash Passport Travel Card - Don't use

Wish I had read this site before I got a cash passport travel card. Service terrible. I loaded funds onto the card to then not be able to access the funds overseas as told the card had expired - yet I was able to load funds on the card. Took many phone calls to get funds while overseas. Since discovered the $50 remaining on my card has gone as they have charged a $4 monthly fee for not using the card in a 12 month period. Look at NAB travel card instead.

CurrencyNZD
Bree
Bree

Do not get this card

CurrencyAUD, EUR, JPY and NZD

Worst card ever!

Had trouble using card in Holland as you have to use their pin and when prompted habit enters my regular pin and you get locked out.
Card is very hard to read numbers in sunlight as it is only printed not embossed. Tried 3 times to get password reset and their email never got through, and phone reps did not help. After a long wait got transferred to supervisor and phone went dead. Worst card ever! Vey hard to use for the small fee difference from regular card.

CurrencyEUR
Competitive Exchange Rate Yes

Awful service!

I had a simple question, could I go to a bank in a foreign country and withdraw cash against this card as I am travelling for 5 months. Taking cash is risky and ATM fees can add up over time. Called 3 times and did not get an informed answer. Problem is if you travel with this card and then it does not work for you, well you are stuck in a foreign country with no money. Then I was given a # which says it is out of service.

John
JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lucky I had bad customer services

It was great to know before heading overseas to find they have the worst customers service ever, before finding out the hard way overseas as I was told they would call me back with transfers & pin & logon Issues in 24 hours to 48 hours and still waiting lol, so straight away I had more professional help from ING direct with superior support from them as totally explains how there orange everyday card works without the big fees while traveling oversea. So I will let my own bank company Suncorp know who recommend the MasterCard cash passport this is the worst company I have come across in a while.

Anne B.
Anne B.Queensland

This card stinks!!

I have been travelling over a week and I haven't been able to touch my money. It has the pin rejected in all shops and atms. I have sent 12 emails with no response, no return phone calls. Mind you I can't always get the Internet. What am I supposed to do??? I am overseas. My son tried also to ring them from home (australia) but we can't talk to a human. It is all a recording.

Andrea
AndreaPerth, WA

Only good if you don't have any issues

Will not help you via email if you are overseas. There is no free call number so you need to ring +44 which is costly so generally not worth it. Not a good system.

CurrencyAUD
Competitive Exchange Rate No

Shocking. Fraudulent fees. Avoid.

I used the card successfully, although exchange rates meant it was probably not a good deal. But, like other reviewers, left balance on card for next trip, in line with advice from Cash passport (no inactivity fee). That advice is still published on the card's page. But they've been deducting monthly 'non-use card fees' contrary to their own advice, so my balance has virtually disappeared. Also, I'm unable to find information about how to close the account to avoid a further debt for not using the card. There are much better options for accessing money in different countries.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Fees for everything and nothing

- There's a fee for loading money, and a bad exchange rate that's basically another fee
- There's a fee for not spending money
- There's a fee for withdrawing money by ATM
- There's a fee for transferring money out of the account
- There's a fee for exchanging currencies
- There's a fee for when they charge you a fee in AUD for not spending money and you don't have any AUD left in the account because of the fees they charge you for not spending money

Can't use online features and terrible customer service

CurrencyGBP
Alison RK
Alison RKWestern Australia

I'd give it zero stars if that were an option

Travelled from Australia to NZ. Added funds once, but ran out (transaction history absolutely useless). Tried to add again 5 times, rejected each time- when I got through to the info line the second time I was told I'd 'exceeded my threshold' (not that she could explain what that meant) and that I would have to go to a branch or wait 24 hours to add funds. Not impressed! It's nearly midnight on a Saturday and I fly out Monday morning after 5 hours driving tomorrow. The solution was to just 'use my debit card' which I'll get hammered on fees on. Will never use this again, and will make sure I let everyone I know that as well

CurrencyNZD
Caveat Emptor
Caveat EmptorCentral West, NSW

No transparency and the 'Fine Print' no help with a Multi-currency Cash Passport Card

I believed I had approximately USD100 left on a card I opened in 2016. I understood the card didn't require updating and, because a charge of $10 applies to close the card, I decided to wait until I next needed it. That happens to be this year, 3 years later. I logged in to check my balance and find that I've been regularly charged a $4 fee (monthly), so the balance - which should have been AUD119.54 as at 2018, is now AUD71.54. Importantly, I was not aware of this practice of siphoning off cardholders funds and everywhere I've tried to find the 'Fine Print' to see how I missed it, I'm taken to the Platinum card details. Every query about the Multi-currency Card is "answered" by the Platinum card and this is completely misleading.

Horrendous treatment! Holding my money hostage! Stay away!

CurrencyCAD, EUR and GBP
SWF alone overseas
SWF alone overseasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zero customer service response in an emergency

Zero stars. Daughter travelling alone to Europe. Able to load funds onto the card without an issue and check pin number before leaving. No access to card overseas. Five days of calls to try to sort it out but still no response. Can't even transfer the funds back out to bank account. Basically left with no access to her own money.

Kat
Kat

The absolute worst

Won’t go into all the disastrous details but in a crisis forget it. This card certainly ruined the holiday. Couldn’t rely upon customer service to help out in the event of theft/fraud. In an emergency half a world away from home, it was not the response I needed..

Adam M.
Adam M.

Poor Support

While overseas i could not access my money on any ATM. Called the support line (which is expensive to call in the first place) and got not help at all. Was told they would call me or email me and got nothing. Also the fees are horrible. You pay so much to access your money. DO NOT GO WITH THIS PRODUCT!! Bring cash with you next time

Simon G.
Simon G.Launceston, TAS

No problems in Europe or Southeast Asia

I've used Cash Passport on 2 separate trips to Europe as well as SE Asia. Exchange rates can be average but no problems otherwise. Keep it safe & you'll be fine.

RES
RESSouth East Queensland, QLD

ATM use good but far too costly overall. Better alternatives. Avoid!

Lakeland Lover
Lakeland LoverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer relations service ever experienced! Never again!

Other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges