Mastercard Cash Passport

Mastercard Cash Passport

See the Best Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cash Passport? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Competitive Exchange Rate Yes (2) · No (29)

Stuart
Stuart

Would give them 0 stars if I could, absolute rort

Signed up for a card to use on a trip for my son, we thought it would be a less risky than traveling with his own card only. What a mistake. While the card did work, the fees for any actions on the account just kept coming, and the minute we signed up all communication from Cash Passport stopped. The worst customer service you can imagine. If they reply at all, it will be an auto generated E mail promising action which just will not happen. Complaining just seems to generate more fees! Finished up withdrawing all funds, copping more excessive fees to do so, and tried to close the account, which they ignored. Just don't use this card. Go to your own bank, and save yourself a lot of grief.

Competitive Exchange Rate No

A Scam - terrible. don't use it. Should be Zero Stars

A system designed to make money for the company not to help travellers. Unable to register the card due to their website fault. Requested refund of my money. Was sent a form for a different countries currency. Finally got a form for my own country. Still no money back. Apalling customer service.

Sean S.
Sean S.South East Queensland, QLD

Massive Scam

Was advised by Heritage Bank to get this card an easy and quick way to get money from NZ to Australia. Ended up loosing $1000 dollars when converting the money back into NZ dollars to get it out! The call centre were very unhelpful and kept hanging up on me as did not want to help at all. Avoid this card at all costs!

SJD
SJDCentral West, NSW

Do not use this card!

As with all other reviewers, we have found this card to be a rort. Not having used the remaining money on it due to Covid restrictions, we were not informed it was due to expire or that it had expired. Charged the $4 monthly fee for no use, we are now going to lose between 12 and 15% of our remaining money. We also have to fill out a form and wait for up to a month for the company to return OUR money. Since there is absolutely no service attached to this card, we are at a loss to explain this significant ‘fee’.

Do not use this card - ever!

Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Find out how Mastercard Cash Passport compares to other Travel Money Cards & Currency Exchanges

Not worth it and dodgy when closing account

Rip off. Dodgy. When card is not in use they keep taking money out for not using it without notifying you. When tried to close account website blocks you. Rude over the phone too.

Louis
Louis

Do not use this product. It is difficult to load funds. They charge a fee if you don’t use it. Thievery!

The worst travel card. Slow and expensive. They even charge a fee for not using it. No one is travelling during Covid and so not using the card. They charge a penalty for not using it. Thievery!

Sanguine
SanguineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unfair charges

If You have not used card in 12 months because of no travel you get a $4 monthly fee. If you want to close account and remove funds you get charged $10 fee. You are NOT notified by text or email when card expires. They want $100 for you to commence a new card. You have to notify them to replace expired card. Thank you

Competitive Exchange Rate No

Thieving Financial Masterclass @ Cash Passport

Rahul
RahulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Such a large thieving financial institution!!

Deserves no stars at all. I believe due to the current global pandemic their servuce has gotten terrible! I've top up money into my CP account via Bpay as I've done for 2 years and the top is no where to be found! Customer service advised that my top up had been credited into my account a day after my top up but never happened! Then got given a case number to follow up on where my funda had gone. A month now and no response!

Najia H.
Najia H.Sydney, NSW

Not Worth It

My personal bank facilited using this card. Although I was not happy with the ATM surchage ( in europe and north africa) I continued to use as during that time - 2016,17,18- there weren't many options available. Last year 2019, I went to europe again but noticed that my card had expired. When I got back I asked for the remaining money on the card to be transfered to my personal bank account. CP stated that they will charge me $10 for this. I left this for awhile to duscuss with my bank. Shortly, they took $44 for inactive account. I ccompalined but they did not care they blaimed me for not being attentive. Stay away from them. Total rip off organisation.

DK Brooks
DK BrooksAU

Hard to access with huge fees

I went to Europe with a cash passport and regularly had issues withdrawing money from ATMs and paying with card. Only about 30% of places accepted this card. As a result, when I found an ATM that did accept my card I withdrew large amounts and carried cash with me, which would not be my preference. Customer service was non-existent, meaning I was regularly left without money and no way to resolve the issue. When transferring leftover balances back to AUD, I was hit with huge fees that consumed most of my money.

Totally Incompetent

Absolutely the worst experience I have ever had!

The customer service team were very polite but totally incompetent.
I loaded all our holiday budget onto the card. It totally disappeared and no one could tell me where it was or how to retrieve it.
It was an incredibly stressful time being stranded overseas with no money!

Reason for the disappearance? Finally BNZ in New Zealand discovered that the card would expire in 2 months and apparently you cannot reload money onto a card which is due to expire.

The customer service people could not tell me this, the computer system did not send me a warning, I did not read this piece of information anywhere on the cashpassport site.

Totally dissatisfied. Do not use this product!

CurrencyEUR

Jake L.
Jake L.South East Queensland, QLD

Full of errors, double charges and customer service don't care.

Please don't use this travel card, I have been hit with double payments and they use tactics to make them seem like they are real. I was on the phone with them, i kept getting cut off and when i did speak to someone for a long time they wouldn't admin to double payments at all. Really not happy

Cyrus
CyrusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never trust them, never again

I went to USA last year and while I was there I received a promotional email saying if I reload my card I will get some cashback. I followed their instructions steps by steps 100% right and reloaded my card and supposed to get back $300. Did I ever got the cashback? NO, I did not.
I contacted them multiple times, however no lucks as their excuse was that I did not tabbed/clicked on the correct link. What a bull,,,,.
It is a scam and I would never ever trust them and in General Mastercard. They are just full of........
Bunch of liars whom can’t even honor their words and promises.

Never ever trust them.
I would never recommend them, stay away from them.

Jimmy Jay
Jimmy JayAU

Never again

I found that the fees were excessive. Out trip to USA was cancelled due to corona virus. Tried to withdraw funds from atm was charged $17 to withdraw funds from my account