Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement (page 3 of 22)

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masters Home Improvement? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jim
Jim

No refund or exchange

Would not let me return tractor cover only bought day before staff rude on refund counter no wonder these stores are closing down we were not told no refunds we would not have bought item

pont67
pont67AU

Q: When is a sale not a sale?

A: When the operator is Woolworths.

I thought I would check out the Adelaide A/P store yesterday, the first clue this was going to be a disappointing visit was that the car park was less than 1/4 full. Not much was discounted by more than 10%, an amount not worth making a special trip just for this "sale" for. A few items 20-30% but mostly on smaller priced slower moving type stock, almost so they can say something carried this discount. Staff seemed pretty disengaged (understandably) and could not help but overhear some of their negative comments about the job.

This is a poor excuse for a closing down sale.

Ben
BenPerth

Not happy

Went to buy shed was advertised on display 20 percent off. Inside store only 10 percent. Had to argue with manager to get 20 p/c then told she was doing me a favour and had a bad attitude. I am currently building a new house and have chosen to get all materials from Masters to help keep people in employment. I even chose Valspar paint over Dulux and it was not as good as Dulux. I feel like a bloody fool. Should have stuck with the Bunnies.

Find out how Masters Home Improvement compares to other Hardware Shops

It's a wonder why Masters lasted this long

MaxH
MaxH

Fake Masters sale!

Fantastic

So called sale as advertised

Travelled from Geelong to Werribee store as we had seen advertised on the TV that there was. 60 % sale due to the closing of the stores, after finally finding the store no such sale, when we asked the staff they blamed the press and told us we were one of many people each day asking the same question, is this false advertising. Looks like you have lost put again. Felt sorry for the staff as some people are abusing them.

Michael
Michael

Service is poor, none off the staff care

I bought laminated flooring, went to the Rutherford store to pick the order up and no one came to serve me, I waited 30mins and then drove out.
Went back the next day to cancel my order but the shop assistant said they will deliver the flooring for free the delivery date being Monday 22/08/2016 and that is today and it is 4:10pm now and they still haven't arrived. I will be making a point of getting what ever I need at Bunnings first, at bunnies service comes first.

P.G
P.GCranbourne

Terrible Customer care, Masters Cranbourne

Susan
SusanSydney, NSW

Three Strikes for Masters

Online purchase process is mediocre

Wishy
WishySydney

What do you call customer service

Disgraceful! Tried to order a large quantity from their flooring section, not one person wanted to serve me, team members kept ignoring me.

Finally gave up and ordered the product online. When I tried to follow masters up, the same thing could not speak to anybody....no wonder these guys are loosing business. NEVER AGAIN

jovialjames
jovialjames

My local store is superb

Absolutely terrible service

Went to Masters in Williams Landing wanting to buy an outdoor setting. Found the one I wanted. Waited for someone to serve me but just watched as several staff members walked pass me and mess around with each other with none of them stopping to ask if I needed help. Fair to say I will never shop here again.

Bong Che
Bong CheBrisbane Region

Not surprised that they are failing

We moved near to a Masters so started using them with an open mind.
After a new months; Customer Service is poor. Little interest or product knowledge. Staff in the Coomera store argued that there was no such thing as a 12v bulb. I had to point them out to her on the shelf in front of us.
Product range. Few familiar brands. Lots of low quality stock arranged in a confusing way. The light bulbs are next to the outdoor furniture - go figure.
Price - on average 10% more expensive than Bunnings. Sorry, hopeless. Need to do much better to get me back.

Customer service bad

All round hopeless

Noticed a drill kit on sale so I rang the local store to set one aside for me. They said I had to order online so I did. 3 days later the "click and collect" order was still being processed. After 4 phone calls chasing this up, I get a response from the store manager that they are now out of stock. Asked for the next local store and if he could check stock (which he did), but zero available. Wouldn't help me further.

Was up to me to ring each individual store looking for stock, as no-one would help me. Took me an hour to find out that there was no stock anywhere. Masters terrible website only shows one store details at a time, plus its not up to date. 3 days later and its still showing the item as In Stock...

Total joke!

Dave
Davesydney

Do not shop there

I had a drill grinder pack which was on sale in my trolley, and a so called manager asked where i got that from and i told him that it was in the isle in front of the front counter. He said it wasn't for sale and took it out of my trolley and walked away. It was the last one left so i guess he wanted it for himself. i called head office and logged a complaint, they told me that a manager will contact me in 24 hours, never did.
I got hold of a manager from the store in question after a few days and he told me that i could now come and pick one up as they now have more stock, i asked why did i get lied to he then spoke to me like a criminal.

Be careful of Rouse Hill Masters

Hopeless customer service

Absolutely hopeless in trade department and went missing when help was needed or seemed to busy to help at all. Seriously need to get their act together and it's no wonder the business is going under and everyone goes to Bunnings.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Another failure from Masters

Received an email from Masters with a wheelbarrow "on sale" from $89 reduced to $69, rang Chullora store, they said they have more than 20 in stock so I send the wife to pick up as I was at work, guess what? Take time to drive for 15mins drive to come there and they said "no stock" and advised my wife to "order" one. This is not the first time this has happened. We came there about 4 times when we received emails or letter through our mailbox but they never have stocks so why bother advertised?

Muffy
MuffyKensington

Tools

I would like to say I have been to Masters a number of times and buying in their tool dept is really fantastic they have got quality and 99% of what you need the choice is magnificent their are tools there that you won't find in other Hardware stores!! Thanks Masters for giving me a better and quality choice that I cannot get anywhere else! What am I going to do when you close go back to the places that know how to look after a tradesman????

Angry customer
Angry customerPerth

Stay Away From Power Tools!

I bought a Hitachi 700W Corded Hammer Drill on special at Masters about a month ago on a Friday. Didn't get a test it until Mon night and only to find that it was faulty. The hammer function was not working to specification resulting in the drill not being able to drill through normal brick walls. I brought it back and got told that they needed to take the drill from me to send it off to get it inspected and repaired. No estimated time given and that I would be without the drill. Or I could go deliver it to the repair shop myself which would apparently speed things up. Terrible customer service from a large store.

mmcloughlin
mmcloughlinMELBOURNE

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Leigh7641
Leigh7641

Tried to order on line

Place orders with 2 different stores. Both payments went through paypal. Tried to go to store to collect. Apparently takes 4 hours for the store to even get the order so obviously wasnt ready. Second order doesnt even register that I ordered it at the second store yet money was taken from paypal account. Website is next to useless cant change address because I didnt use correct address or surname as I was going to collect anyway and protect my privacy when I can.

Thank you to Jodie from Masters Ballarat for fast, efficient, friendly service with recent change over of faulty washing machine. Thanks also to Ben for giving of his time in choice of new machine. Jodie, it was a refreshing change to have somebody actually follow through.