Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masters Home Improvement? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Cole
Cole

useless

Staff at Cairns Masters are untrained, have no knowledge of products and have a don't care less attitude. Funny how the management do their little staff pep talks. If only they spent more time teaching staff to have customer service skills..

nic
nicSydney, NSW

What a fire sale! Prices and service well below par.

No joy to be found at masters Chullora, asked a staff worker at the counter for a price check, he said ok, and proceeded to continue his conversation with a female co worker. Over minute later I said "never mind" and as proceeded to walk away came the reply "are you sure?" Please hurry up and disappear, will stick to Bunnings.

Fed Up
Fed UpNorthern Rivers Nsw

Masters Staff acknowledge ineptitude of management and associates

Several experiences confirm .
Items paid for and advised ready to pick up sold to other customers.
Advised that items ordered and paid for were never in stores .
Misinformation about processes and then blame customer for their mistakes.
Managers with bad attitude.
No comprehension of Trade Practices.
There is more but why bother.

Closing Down is the result of performance.
Some justice
Ps. Just spoke with store manager and typical of inept operators he used the" well@ the end of the day" metafor to skirt any recompense due to store operations.

Travel Bug
Travel BugMelbourne

Big Liquidation sale?....yah right

Needed 14 light fittings for my house. Saw the 'big liquidation sale' advertised on tv. Most items were only 10% off but pricing was already inflated. Found a light fitting I liked @ $45 each after discount ($640 for 14). As they did not have 14 of them, went to bunnings. Found the same fitting for $25 each. Almost have the price. While at masters I also looked at a fridge I purchased a month ago at Harvey's for $799. Masters discounted price $1199.. I think masters will be left with a lot of stock when the doors close if their discounted price is up to 80% higher than other stores. To any body wanting a so called bargin, do your research first.

Went to buy new mower!

Went to buy new Honda mower this arvo, no staff to serve? Asked for assistance said they will come back- never did ! 15 minutes later asked another guy - will be back..... Mmmmm never came back? 10% off wow big deal anyway. Left and went to mower shop offered more than 15%
Will go and purchase tomorrow. If your hearts not in it get out..... As for discount = pathetic.

Woolworths MASTERS sale

Was expecting a closing sale and found only 10% off some items which were mainly unneeded rubbish. 10% does not even make up for the inability to return products when they are gone. Products in this store are of lesser known brands and often to pricey for their branding.
Like everyone else I got back in the car empty handed.
Please just close up, cannot even get a closing sale right.

horrible staff and store policy

Marty L
Marty LSydney

Will Not Provide Refunds

Other Hardware Shops

Poor service, lack of staff assistance

5/9/16 around 12.30 pm Masters Chullora Store, looked around for a staff. There were two close by asked them to help, one said he'll get someone. I waited more than five minutes, no one came. Looked around to ask someone else, went near the exit door asked to speak to someone about a safe, she yelled out to the counter to announce someone to customer. Waited again more than five minutes. Then went to took section three staff talking to each other, told them I have been waiting more than 10 minutes to get some assistance with the safes. He said he was sorry on his break and started to serve someone. I just walked off, could not be bothered to ask or buy anything from there.

Maldingo
MaldingoIllawarra, NSW

What fire sale ???????

Went with my truck/trailer and a wallet full of cash expecting bargains every where, well guess what ? max of 10% off normal price someone obviously forgot to ignite the fire. Left with wallet intact as purchased nothing. Maybe as door closing some bargains may become available.

staff abusing customer

NERANG STORE monday today at 4.00 pm staff member in the wood yard told a customer he was a cretin , a leach , a low life, for coming to the masters sale to get 10%off. he then went on to descibed all customers as cretins crawling out of the woodwork coming to get the 10% off. other staff members were there and agreed with the abusive staff member. all worked in the wood yard .overweight bloke about mid fifties no hair, other staff member taller with dark hair was the main offender. Both staff members told the customer to get out of the store go to bunnings.
the public understands how disgruntled the staff must feel but dont take it out on customers, if its that bad resign.
its a slow painful death Masters ,, just close the doors.

Keith d.
Keith d.AU

Deceitfull advertising

At this moment they advertise all their merchandise at 10 to 30% off.
I went in and found it all just 10% off. The sales staff had to cop the abuse.
On the first day of their "sale" it was even busier than Bunnings. Not many people appeared to buy anything
but lots of angry people returning to their cars empty handed.

Jim
Jim

No refund or exchange

Would not let me return tractor cover only bought day before staff rude on refund counter no wonder these stores are closing down we were not told no refunds we would not have bought item

Ben
BenPerth

Not happy

Went to buy shed was advertised on display 20 percent off. Inside store only 10 percent. Had to argue with manager to get 20 p/c then told she was doing me a favour and had a bad attitude. I am currently building a new house and have chosen to get all materials from Masters to help keep people in employment. I even chose Valspar paint over Dulux and it was not as good as Dulux. I feel like a bloody fool. Should have stuck with the Bunnies.

It's a wonder why Masters lasted this long

MaxH
MaxH

Fake Masters sale!

Michael
Michael

Service is poor, none off the staff care

I bought laminated flooring, went to the Rutherford store to pick the order up and no one came to serve me, I waited 30mins and then drove out.
Went back the next day to cancel my order but the shop assistant said they will deliver the flooring for free the delivery date being Monday 22/08/2016 and that is today and it is 4:10pm now and they still haven't arrived. I will be making a point of getting what ever I need at Bunnings first, at bunnies service comes first.

P.G
P.GCranbourne

Terrible Customer care, Masters Cranbourne

Susan
SusanSydney, NSW

Three Strikes for Masters

Online purchase process is mediocre

Wishy
WishySydney

What do you call customer service

Disgraceful! Tried to order a large quantity from their flooring section, not one person wanted to serve me, team members kept ignoring me.

Finally gave up and ordered the product online. When I tried to follow masters up, the same thing could not speak to anybody....no wonder these guys are loosing business. NEVER AGAIN

Absolutely terrible service

Went to Masters in Williams Landing wanting to buy an outdoor setting. Found the one I wanted. Waited for someone to serve me but just watched as several staff members walked pass me and mess around with each other with none of them stopping to ask if I needed help. Fair to say I will never shop here again.

Bong Che
Bong CheBrisbane Region

Not surprised that they are failing

We moved near to a Masters so started using them with an open mind.
After a new months; Customer Service is poor. Little interest or product knowledge. Staff in the Coomera store argued that there was no such thing as a 12v bulb. I had to point them out to her on the shelf in front of us.
Product range. Few familiar brands. Lots of low quality stock arranged in a confusing way. The light bulbs are next to the outdoor furniture - go figure.
Price - on average 10% more expensive than Bunnings. Sorry, hopeless. Need to do much better to get me back.

All round hopeless

Noticed a drill kit on sale so I rang the local store to set one aside for me. They said I had to order online so I did. 3 days later the "click and collect" order was still being processed. After 4 phone calls chasing this up, I get a response from the store manager that they are now out of stock. Asked for the next local store and if he could check stock (which he did), but zero available. Wouldn't help me further.

Was up to me to ring each individual store looking for stock, as no-one would help me. Took me an hour to find out that there was no stock anywhere. Masters terrible website only shows one store details at a time, plus its not up to date. 3 days later and its still showing the item as In Stock...

Total joke!

Dave
Davesydney

Do not shop there

I had a drill grinder pack which was on sale in my trolley, and a so called manager asked where i got that from and i told him that it was in the isle in front of the front counter. He said it wasn't for sale and took it out of my trolley and walked away. It was the last one left so i guess he wanted it for himself. i called head office and logged a complaint, they told me that a manager will contact me in 24 hours, never did.
I got hold of a manager from the store in question after a few days and he told me that i could now come and pick one up as they now have more stock, i asked why did i get lied to he then spoke to me like a criminal.

Be careful of Rouse Hill Masters