Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement (page 2 of 3)

greatreviewer

greatreviewerAU

A month get my click and collect order

I recently purchased at Dyson handheld vacuum from masters - click and collect option. It took almost a month to be ready for collection - no explaination despite me spending a lot of time waiting to talk to someone about the vacuum's whereabouts !

john

johnSydney, NSW

misleading promotion

Purchased a Fisher and Paykel dishwasher which had an advertising promotion sitting on it, stating "Free delivery and installation of Fisher and Paykel appliances". During purchase we were informed that the offer did not apply to this model (only one other F and P model there, and it had no sign over it). Not impressed.

Aida

Aida

Opening Hours Are a Disappointment

We arrived to Masters store in Bassendean on a Sunday & store wasn't even open. It opens at 11am. Half a dozen cars came through car park & left once realizing doors are closed & of course went straight to Bunnings. You have to be competitive & available for early Sunday business as it's a DIY DAY!

Vipin

VipinSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Will never buy things from masters

Not at all approachable staffs, horrible service. Payed 100 dollars for delivery as well as picking up the old one, but the one who delivered the washing machine doesn't know about that at all. Even the salesman was not approachable.

Masters do not deliver

Shopping online with Masters proved to be a terrible experience. We needed a shed in a hurry so ordered online paying an extra $55.95 for delivery.

Parcel 1 of 2 turned up on time but with very clearly damaged boxing. Some minor damage to the metal but several parts missing and where was parcel number 2?? It took several days and many persistent phone calls to finally get our shed delivered intact and in good order.

What made this experience worse was being told "well that's what you get for buying online" and all involved blaming the other party instead of trying to help us. Not good business Masters! Lift your game!

Unacceptable language and phenomenally shocking attitude

Phil

PhilEbor nsw

Masters of Nothing very much at all.

Incredibly badly managed concept. So many times i have asked for items such as pine exterior decking and gyprock top coat only to be told "we dont sell it" ...Yet after a search i found them. And the special order desk can take 40 minutes to pick up an item even if you are the only customer. Another huge issue for masters is that their sales are so bad that a lot of limited shelf life stock is now starting to go off like paints with rusty tins above the fill line inside. It's pot luck if you get a good one. I recommend picking over the specials as i got some fabulous led globes at a really good price as well as a microwave oven and shower tray. One day they may get it right , who knows.

Warrnybool

Warrnybool

Aggressive staff member who wasn't even the person who served us.

Kenneth Geffinger

Kenneth Geffinger

roueshill store. The help?????

The employees dont know the products or whats on sale. walk by many employees that dont even say hello.??? Think I will be going back to Bunnings

Cactaceae

CactaceaeForest Hill

Click and collect waste of time

In the past two yearsI have used their click and collect system on three ocassions and sadly each time has been a poor experience. I have paid for an axe, garden edging, and just yesterday a Hills clothes rack through click and collect and each time received a call from them advising that they no longer have the items in stock. I did manage to pick up the garden edging when they rang back after having a better look. i just added 10 Hills extendable drying racks to my cart yet they tell me they are completely out of stock??? So I have to question either the accuracy of their online-store stock count or the competency of their staff in tracking down the goods. Either way its embarrassing so please get your act together Masters.

missing pots

I called the hot line to source some pots for my kindergarten, the lady was very helpful and called multiple stores for me. She put some pots on hold for me at a store 45 mins from home. I drove there only to be told they had misplaced the box of 40 pots! After 45 minutes the box was still no where to be found. I was informed of this without any explanation. Not impressed!
I was desperate for mother's day gifts for my children so had to settle for plastic pots.

Maureen39

Maureen39Melbourne

What a Joke!

Ordered shower screen measured, then had to go to store to actually pay the quote. Only to be told we also had to pay for delivery - why would you do that when clearly the installer was travelling to our house - would he not bring the screen with him? then get a call to return to store the next week to sign the installation contract - why was this not done when we paid. Clearly the staff have no idea, and when I receive a quote that includes installation I expect it would be an inclusive quote. Will never set foot in there again.

tiggy234

tiggy234AU

Poor selection of products

Second visit to Masters. First was on the Gold Coast, staff had not go a clue about basic screws and tried to sell us something totally incorrect just to make a sale. Then called at masters up on the darling downs. It felt really odd such a huge store and barely any customers. Went to look at tiles but the selection is sadly lacking. Bunnings have nothing to worry about in regards to Masters being competition. Last time we will bother going to masters. Oh and hate the fact it is all self serve, no staff to scan your goods.

Masters - Baldivis

All Bunnings are out of gutter hooks. Mere husband suggests Masters- I ring to enquire. The conversation was great and specific- aisle 8 3/4 way down and we have stock. 15 minutes later no stock and not down aisle 8. Asked an aisle worker and got a non plus "see um they are with the Christmas stuff or down the lights aisle."
Disappointing service.

Avoiding Trade Discounts

If you want a trade discount, Masters force you to get a trade card, and their credit card. Using their credit card is not enough, as I found out too late, you think you are getting the discount and you don't. It is probably illegal (third line forcing) to force you to take their card in the first place, and who needs yet another credit card ? But I wonder how many people are using their Masters card not realising they are not getting the discount because they failed to produce, or threw away their trade card. Why would anyone go to the trouble to get their credit card and not want the discount ? Dodgy, but probably makes them a lot of money . I use them for emergency supplies only now.

Find out how Masters Home Improvement compares to other Hardware Shops

Are customers just a nuisance

Bought a piece of marine plywood that had to be cut down to replace top of coffee table. Got home and piece they cut had marks on it that I could not remove. So will have to go back to try and get another piece cut from leftovers. It seems they could not care less where they cut. I know I should have been more observant. I also had an incident with bad customer service there in another section. I will not go there again.

Ross13

Ross13AU

Click and clollect is a Joke!

I placed two orders online and opted for click and collect. I was thinking this way i could save a bit of time. Turns out i was wrong. I went to the Masters Chullora after receiving a text messages that both my orders are ready for pickup. When I should up it took 15 minutes for anyone to come and serve me.. once I gave them my order numbers they said sorry but this might take up to 10 minute which I was ok with. However it took them more tha 35 minutes to bring mt order. I could have picked up everything I needed myself and saved heaps of time.

What happened to customer service?

Poor quality

after buying a curtain track i set about installing it only to find that i had 2 left side brackets and no right side bracket the center support bracket was missing screws so a 25 min drive back to the store to replace it whilst there i bought some wall anchors( for another job ) they were ment to be $4 but got charged $7.90 another 10 min delay to get the right price confirmed finally a hour and a half later i could install the railing this store has a long way to go before it is half as good as bunnings

expensive wrong pricing

Ian

IanChurchlands

Free delivery is not free

See all Masters Home Improvement reviews