Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masters Home Improvement? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Buyers beware

Spent 500 dollars on equipment that turned out to be second hand. Opened it and the motor part was broke. The staff agreed to replace it with the managers approval. I bought this item in its box the previous day. The managers said that it was not seriously damaged. It would be repaired. He recommended that I take it to be repaired because it could be weeks before they had it repaired. When I said I was not willing to bring it to be repaired. He went OK. Your going to be waiting. He was very rude. Any when I argued back he asked me to leave the store. His eyes were roaring red either over tired or something else.

Val.
Val.Perth, WA

Security poorly handled.

Store [ Forrestdale] was teeming with bargain hunters on the long weekend, but as we hadn't chosen anything we headed for the garden area exit doors. I was with my husband and we headed for the door, but were abruptly stopped by a security man who didn't even make an attempt at being polite. I opened my small handbag [ less than A4 size], allowed him to look inside and he [unsmiling] allowed us to leave.There was no pleasantness, no thank you or "enjoy your day"- just a scowl.We had not been acting oddly or picking items up in a suspicious manner.My husband and I both have police clearances due to our work.If this is how customers are encouraged to be loyal it's no wonder Masters is going under.

Caroline
CarolineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Kitchen purchase

My cabinets arrived with parts missing. Ordered a stone bench top it was cut using an off cut and measurements aĺl out. Was offered compensation and withdrawn. Took 8 weeks to get a new bench top re measured and installed. Ordered a back spash it was not the colour i selected. Terrible service all the way through. [name removed] oh and emailed head office who never responded.

Maliziosa
MaliziosaPerth

Liquidation sale - frustrating

went to buy a mower .

wouldn't sell me one doing stock take told me to come back next day when I wanted to buy one there n then

Cole
Cole

useless

Staff at Cairns Masters are untrained, have no knowledge of products and have a don't care less attitude. Funny how the management do their little staff pep talks. If only they spent more time teaching staff to have customer service skills..

nic
nicSydney, NSW

What a fire sale! Prices and service well below par.

No joy to be found at masters Chullora, asked a staff worker at the counter for a price check, he said ok, and proceeded to continue his conversation with a female co worker. Over minute later I said "never mind" and as proceeded to walk away came the reply "are you sure?" Please hurry up and disappear, will stick to Bunnings.

Fed Up
Fed UpNorthern Rivers Nsw

Masters Staff acknowledge ineptitude of management and associates

Several experiences confirm .
Items paid for and advised ready to pick up sold to other customers.
Advised that items ordered and paid for were never in stores .
Misinformation about processes and then blame customer for their mistakes.
Managers with bad attitude.
No comprehension of Trade Practices.
There is more but why bother.

Closing Down is the result of performance.
Some justice
Ps. Just spoke with store manager and typical of inept operators he used the" well@ the end of the day" metafor to skirt any recompense due to store operations.

Travel Bug
Travel BugMelbourne

Big Liquidation sale?....yah right

Needed 14 light fittings for my house. Saw the 'big liquidation sale' advertised on tv. Most items were only 10% off but pricing was already inflated. Found a light fitting I liked @ $45 each after discount ($640 for 14). As they did not have 14 of them, went to bunnings. Found the same fitting for $25 each. Almost have the price. While at masters I also looked at a fridge I purchased a month ago at Harvey's for $799. Masters discounted price $1199.. I think masters will be left with a lot of stock when the doors close if their discounted price is up to 80% higher than other stores. To any body wanting a so called bargin, do your research first.

Went to buy new mower!

Went to buy new Honda mower this arvo, no staff to serve? Asked for assistance said they will come back- never did ! 15 minutes later asked another guy - will be back..... Mmmmm never came back? 10% off wow big deal anyway. Left and went to mower shop offered more than 15%
Will go and purchase tomorrow. If your hearts not in it get out..... As for discount = pathetic.

Woolworths MASTERS sale

Was expecting a closing sale and found only 10% off some items which were mainly unneeded rubbish. 10% does not even make up for the inability to return products when they are gone. Products in this store are of lesser known brands and often to pricey for their branding.
Like everyone else I got back in the car empty handed.
Please just close up, cannot even get a closing sale right.

Other Hardware Shops

horrible staff and store policy

Marty L
Marty LSydney

Will Not Provide Refunds

Rickster
RicksterPerth, WA

Smiles in the Gloom

Reading a lot of these reviews I think I've been lucky. Renovating at the moment and I've bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from the Bibra Lake store in the past few months both in store and online. Never had a drama and staff have always been fantastic.

Even in the gloom of the staff loosing their jobs I've still had great service. The manager Rachel especially.

Not happy with the false start fire sale but that's big corporations for you. Woolworths are shooting themselves in the foot. Upsetting customers is just dumb business. No one likes a liar.

Poor service, lack of staff assistance

5/9/16 around 12.30 pm Masters Chullora Store, looked around for a staff. There were two close by asked them to help, one said he'll get someone. I waited more than five minutes, no one came. Looked around to ask someone else, went near the exit door asked to speak to someone about a safe, she yelled out to the counter to announce someone to customer. Waited again more than five minutes. Then went to took section three staff talking to each other, told them I have been waiting more than 10 minutes to get some assistance with the safes. He said he was sorry on his break and started to serve someone. I just walked off, could not be bothered to ask or buy anything from there.

Maldingo
MaldingoIllawarra, NSW

What fire sale ???????

Went with my truck/trailer and a wallet full of cash expecting bargains every where, well guess what ? max of 10% off normal price someone obviously forgot to ignite the fire. Left with wallet intact as purchased nothing. Maybe as door closing some bargains may become available.

staff abusing customer

NERANG STORE monday today at 4.00 pm staff member in the wood yard told a customer he was a cretin , a leach , a low life, for coming to the masters sale to get 10%off. he then went on to descibed all customers as cretins crawling out of the woodwork coming to get the 10% off. other staff members were there and agreed with the abusive staff member. all worked in the wood yard .overweight bloke about mid fifties no hair, other staff member taller with dark hair was the main offender. Both staff members told the customer to get out of the store go to bunnings.
the public understands how disgruntled the staff must feel but dont take it out on customers, if its that bad resign.
its a slow painful death Masters ,, just close the doors.

Keith d.
Keith d.AU

Deceitfull advertising

At this moment they advertise all their merchandise at 10 to 30% off.
I went in and found it all just 10% off. The sales staff had to cop the abuse.
On the first day of their "sale" it was even busier than Bunnings. Not many people appeared to buy anything
but lots of angry people returning to their cars empty handed.

Jim
Jim

No refund or exchange

Would not let me return tractor cover only bought day before staff rude on refund counter no wonder these stores are closing down we were not told no refunds we would not have bought item

pont67
pont67AU

Q: When is a sale not a sale?

A: When the operator is Woolworths.

I thought I would check out the Adelaide A/P store yesterday, the first clue this was going to be a disappointing visit was that the car park was less than 1/4 full. Not much was discounted by more than 10%, an amount not worth making a special trip just for this "sale" for. A few items 20-30% but mostly on smaller priced slower moving type stock, almost so they can say something carried this discount. Staff seemed pretty disengaged (understandably) and could not help but overhear some of their negative comments about the job.

This is a poor excuse for a closing down sale.

Ben
BenPerth

Not happy

Went to buy shed was advertised on display 20 percent off. Inside store only 10 percent. Had to argue with manager to get 20 p/c then told she was doing me a favour and had a bad attitude. I am currently building a new house and have chosen to get all materials from Masters to help keep people in employment. I even chose Valspar paint over Dulux and it was not as good as Dulux. I feel like a bloody fool. Should have stuck with the Bunnies.

It's a wonder why Masters lasted this long

MaxH
MaxH

Fake Masters sale!

So called sale as advertised

Travelled from Geelong to Werribee store as we had seen advertised on the TV that there was. 60 % sale due to the closing of the stores, after finally finding the store no such sale, when we asked the staff they blamed the press and told us we were one of many people each day asking the same question, is this false advertising. Looks like you have lost put again. Felt sorry for the staff as some people are abusing them.

Michael
Michael

Service is poor, none off the staff care

I bought laminated flooring, went to the Rutherford store to pick the order up and no one came to serve me, I waited 30mins and then drove out.
Went back the next day to cancel my order but the shop assistant said they will deliver the flooring for free the delivery date being Monday 22/08/2016 and that is today and it is 4:10pm now and they still haven't arrived. I will be making a point of getting what ever I need at Bunnings first, at bunnies service comes first.

Ramp Champ