Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement (page 3 of 10)

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masters Home Improvement? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Bong Che
Bong CheBrisbane Region

Not surprised that they are failing

We moved near to a Masters so started using them with an open mind.
After a new months; Customer Service is poor. Little interest or product knowledge. Staff in the Coomera store argued that there was no such thing as a 12v bulb. I had to point them out to her on the shelf in front of us.
Product range. Few familiar brands. Lots of low quality stock arranged in a confusing way. The light bulbs are next to the outdoor furniture - go figure.
Price - on average 10% more expensive than Bunnings. Sorry, hopeless. Need to do much better to get me back.

All round hopeless

Noticed a drill kit on sale so I rang the local store to set one aside for me. They said I had to order online so I did. 3 days later the "click and collect" order was still being processed. After 4 phone calls chasing this up, I get a response from the store manager that they are now out of stock. Asked for the next local store and if he could check stock (which he did), but zero available. Wouldn't help me further.

Was up to me to ring each individual store looking for stock, as no-one would help me. Took me an hour to find out that there was no stock anywhere. Masters terrible website only shows one store details at a time, plus its not up to date. 3 days later and its still showing the item as In Stock...

Total joke!

Dave
Davesydney

Do not shop there

I had a drill grinder pack which was on sale in my trolley, and a so called manager asked where i got that from and i told him that it was in the isle in front of the front counter. He said it wasn't for sale and took it out of my trolley and walked away. It was the last one left so i guess he wanted it for himself. i called head office and logged a complaint, they told me that a manager will contact me in 24 hours, never did.
I got hold of a manager from the store in question after a few days and he told me that i could now come and pick one up as they now have more stock, i asked why did i get lied to he then spoke to me like a criminal.

Be careful of Rouse Hill Masters

Hopeless customer service

Absolutely hopeless in trade department and went missing when help was needed or seemed to busy to help at all. Seriously need to get their act together and it's no wonder the business is going under and everyone goes to Bunnings.

Anthony
AnthonySydney, NSW

Another failure from Masters

Received an email from Masters with a wheelbarrow "on sale" from $89 reduced to $69, rang Chullora store, they said they have more than 20 in stock so I send the wife to pick up as I was at work, guess what? Take time to drive for 15mins drive to come there and they said "no stock" and advised my wife to "order" one. This is not the first time this has happened. We came there about 4 times when we received emails or letter through our mailbox but they never have stocks so why bother advertised?

Muffy
MuffyKensington

Tools

I would like to say I have been to Masters a number of times and buying in their tool dept is really fantastic they have got quality and 99% of what you need the choice is magnificent their are tools there that you won't find in other Hardware stores!! Thanks Masters for giving me a better and quality choice that I cannot get anywhere else! What am I going to do when you close go back to the places that know how to look after a tradesman????

Angry customer
Angry customerPerth

Stay Away From Power Tools!

I bought a Hitachi 700W Corded Hammer Drill on special at Masters about a month ago on a Friday. Didn't get a test it until Mon night and only to find that it was faulty. The hammer function was not working to specification resulting in the drill not being able to drill through normal brick walls. I brought it back and got told that they needed to take the drill from me to send it off to get it inspected and repaired. No estimated time given and that I would be without the drill. Or I could go deliver it to the repair shop myself which would apparently speed things up. Terrible customer service from a large store.

mmcloughlin
mmcloughlinMELBOURNE

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Leigh7641
Leigh7641

Tried to order on line

Place orders with 2 different stores. Both payments went through paypal. Tried to go to store to collect. Apparently takes 4 hours for the store to even get the order so obviously wasnt ready. Second order doesnt even register that I ordered it at the second store yet money was taken from paypal account. Website is next to useless cant change address because I didnt use correct address or surname as I was going to collect anyway and protect my privacy when I can.

Kitchens & custom service

chris
chrisOakville

slowest most pathetic customer service

Went to buy oven and dishwasher was told dishwasher was a special order but they will have a look to see if they have it young girl comes back with dishwasher dragging her feet like it was all to hard. fortunately one of her seniors overheard her saying they didn't have it 5 mins later he reappears with dishwasher this isn't my first pathetic customer service experience with master.

Waste of time

Rang before going to shop to ask if they could cut to size lattice panel. Was told yes. Drive half an hour to shop to then be told no. Waste of time and petrol. Never again.

Close shop already mofo.

Most frustrating and absurd online shopping experience...wasted over two hours of my time online and in person to get 15% of what I ordered and paid for. Epic Fail is a massive understatement. If Masters dumped millions in a campaign to specifically fail they could not have done a better job. I hope Masters finds the same end as Dick Smith (minus the Kogan angle) as it will be well-deserved, justified and inevitable. Then again I suppose the err could be mine as I never should have deviated from Bunnings and I hate that I have to give the minimum 1 star to post my review as this is 15 times more than Masters should get.

Terrible customer service and not refund product

Just bought the products two shelfs couple days ago , change of the mind want to refund this procucts, its still brand new , only one thing is outside package it's not 100percentage like new one,everyone open the package who can make sure they will totally new? And they are resuse to refund to us .they said he products not 100percents like before because the outside package is not good .

The store manager name is Jason in Browns plains , never saw any manager like that attitude to deal with the customers,he need to learn how to deal with customers , I will not come back this store any more and tell my friends do not come this store .

Mz_mummy
Mz_mummySouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service I've ever experienced in my life

Masters are an absolute disgrace. If you could award 0 stars that would be how I would rate them. You order online one night to be told the next morning they don't have the stock and neither does any other store within a 50km radius. And the North Lakes store is beyond terrible for customer service. Tired, boring, unenthusiastic staff. No greeting when going in the shop. The workers don't acknowledge you or have any knowledge on the products. Bunnings run rings around these morons.

Absolute time wasters

Do not bother Masters unless you like being infuriated.

In store you can be told by the one staff member that you find that three are unable to assist, as they sit eating a bag of chips up against the floating floor display.

You can then order online and be told you will receive delivery between 8 and 1 (which is already ridiculous, particularly for thousands of dollars worth of items) and then be sitting around at 4pm with no items with which to do your work and be told 'it is coming in half and hour' four times, after which you give up and leave the work site.

If they give me any trouble over a refund I will legitimately spend whatever it takes to sue this company.

pianotechBrisvegas

Dishonest & Rude

The Masters Ebay online site. Rude, crude & very very offensive. Will not honour their published quality assurance statement. No recommended & we doubt we'll be ever going back to them unless an apology is forthcoming.

lee
leeSydney

worst experience ever

John C
John C

Online orders from Masters

Experience of interaction with staff members is variable, from good to disgusting. I often order items online and collect them if I know they are on the shelf. On one occasion, a staff member started giving a spiel of the 300 orders they have and give the impression that a one day notice is not sufficient. I offered to collect the items of the shelf by myself and that she could just check the items out. A colleague walked with me to the shelf and collected the items and apologised for the colleague's behaviour.

Lin
LinSydney, NSW

Terrible operation

I had a few online shopping experience with Masters. Every time when I went for pick up after being informed items were ready, they couldn't find one or two products. What I could do was to wait for them to "find one" from the shelf and it always took very long time as staff were unfamiliar with the store. In my most recent online order, I was informed that one item was out of stock and the transaction would be cancelled. Up to now it's been nearly a month, I still haven't received the refund. The store wouldn't want to trace up for me. I called customer service twice and both times I was told the refund has been processed and please allow 24 to 48 hours to receive it. Another 48 hours have just passed now, I'm still getting nothing!

snookies
snookies

Where do I even start? Don't shop at Masters, especially online.

Chris
Chrismelbourne

Items comparable to bunnings, but forget the service (Box Hill Branch)

Kylie C
Kylie CBrisbane

Terrible customer service and organisation

Click & forget

What an incompetent management both at higher level down to employee level. Make a click and collect order, and after 5 days you're told that no stock. Call them to get refund, no refund made until you contact them. Never buy online from them.

R.Wilson
R.WilsonMelbourne

Online shopping - Forget about it!

So I ordered two drills online from Masters on the weekend, get a call on Monday morning saying they are out of stock, I asked... why could I select the product if it is out of stock, his reply was our stocktaking system is in disarray and doesn't talk to their online system, so in other words, their online system is rubbish, what is the point of having online sales if the product is not available in the first place, thank god this pathetic company is closing down!

Ramp Champ