Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement (page 5 of 10)

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masters Home Improvement? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

It is good in there

I haven't been in to the store for a couple of weeks but I walk past it everytime I go to the supermarket. Staff are cheerful and they have always been better for customer service. It is a pity.... The staff are much better than a Bunnings store in my experience!

Syd
Syd

They are closed emotionally before they are closed for bussiness.

Ordered , two pedestal fans from their website, and chose the Chullora store for pick up. Got a call two days later that they have been out of stock for a while. So how come they have not updated their website.

Other Hardware Shops

You don't even get what you pay for

Two days after planting two of these planters (the largest they sell), both had developed substantial cracks. Had to spend half a day re-doing the job for my client, so it ended up costing me. Bought them using Click and Collect. Noticed when I had emptied them so they could be returned, you could actually see points of light coming through the walls because the fibreglass was so thin at points.

I tried Masters for the first time for outdoor pots because the price was good for the look. While I would normally say you get what you pay for, clearly in this instance I did not get a product that could even perform its intended function for two days.

JJJ
JJJSydney, NSW

Hopeless. Takes your money - No Stock - does not reund!!!

Keeps taking my money through online order even when there is no stock.
They realise there is no stock but wont even refund you.
The store has to cancel the order but they cant refund you. Head office has to refund you (after forever) but they cant cancel the order.
What a bloody mission!

Poor staff help

My husband and I were at east Gosford masters this morning. We were looking to purchase a refrigerator. We were not approached by any staff members for assistance. There were three female staff members discussing their hairdressers. One telling the other member "do not get your hair layered". They lost a sale of a very expensive item through lack of interest. We have always found the staff at Bunnings more than willing to assist in any way.

fred
fredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

50 smiling faces does not equal good service.

Purchased a slide online and was told 2/3days delivery, after 6 I called and was told it had been delivered, rang next day and was told they were checking delivery status, emailed next day and was told on truck for delivery, when it did not turn up I emailed again and was told it was going out that day. When I questioned this after lunch they refunded paypal account, so I went to braybrook and brought one, when i got back slide had been delivered. angry/confused and will not buy from them again. crap

Vas
VasSydney, NSW

Beware! No refund for cancelled order.

1. Ordered online on Jan 15th.
2. Order got cancelled on Jan 19th.
3. Contacted the pickup store about the refund and was told someone from the head office will contact about the refund process. I haven't been contacted by anyone @ Masters :-(
4. Contacted support team via 1300 337 707 on Feb 12th and was advised the refund as an e-gift card will be issued in the next 24 hours.
5. Contacted the support team again via livechat on Feb 20th and told me "I'm sorry, I don't have any further updates on this in my systems, I will need to escalate it to the admin team to look into."

No wonder the business is for sale now.

EDIT: Feb 23th - Finally received the refund e-gift card

Worse Service Around!

disgusting North lakes Kitchen

Jo
JoSydney

Woeful - beware you will be chasing your refund.

Poor Service And Total Confusion

no service

888Western District, VIC

samsung two door fridge with ice dispencer

I would like to thank for all the help we had at Masters. Especially a young lady at Braybrook Patricia, she helped us when we complained about the way Laminated Floor was laid and made sure that eventually it was done to our satisfaction and I know she went to a great deal of trouble to please us and I would especially like to thank her for all the hard work she went to until it was done to our satisfaction

Villager
VillagerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Helpful staff

I actually found Masters staff quite helpful. I went with the family into the store to get a consultation on a kitchen reno. Unlike my local Bunnings store where your lucky to find a stool to sit, There was place to sit down and the girl skipped her lunch to explain the various options we had. They had a pretty good range as well.

Legrope
LegropeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Well thought out store

First visit, sadly going out of business prompted me to visit. Great deals and very friendly staff. I thought the store lay-out was better than Bunnings - I was looking for a BBQ deal and wasn't dissapointed

Renovator
RenovatorNewcastle

Masters- rethink your strategy

I have always found Masters staff to be polite and helpful. We have purchased a kitchen from Masters and couldn't be happier. The most frustrating part about Masters is the positioning of their stores. We used to live in the lower hunter and had two Masters within 20 minutes. Which was fantastic!
Now I live where the bulk of the population is in Newcastle and Masters are close to an hour away. From speaking to other people in the area it is the distance that is impacting on shopping at Masters. Place one in close proximity to the hub of the city and watch the sales come in!!!

Staff sold me wrong paint type!! At brand new store.

karma
karmaAU

Too expensive

Decided to go to Masters store, it was out of my way and also to support them to buy a straw broom. I was shocked at the price $35, then went to Bunnings the same broom $18. No wonder they are going broke.

What a joke

I'm an account customer who has somehow remained loyal to Masters because of its convenience,however this was the last straw.
Called in to the Rouse Hill store at 6.05 in the morning to make a purchase from the gardening section,it just happened to be pouring rain so I parked my ute as close to the store as possible where I see cars parked frequently. I walked in the store to be greeted with you can't park there there was not another car in the car park. I though they were joking but obviously not.
What a joke

TiMpO
TiMpOAU

Terrible customer service.

Please just let bunnings purchase you

TAWB
TAWBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rudest Staff Ever

No customer service

Worse shopping experience ever. After finding the product online I went to the store. After asking 5 employees, all who took no interest at all, I had to go home to get my phone, return and show them their own website and the product that they could not find on their computer. I was then overcharge twice for products in my trolley. My wife picked up the second overcharge and we left, never to return. Employees were uninterested, rude and two even began organising their roster while I was at the counter. It was quick through the register though as the were very few customers in the store. Now I know why. Goodbye Masters Bundall.

Karl