Masters Home Improvement

Masters Home Improvement

See the Best Hardware Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masters Home Improvement? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Kristie
KristieCampbelltown

Sad To See The Store Close

Brought a washing machine , cheap price and a nice size for my little laundry. Very impressed with there products , i was sad to see the store close though hope another homewares store opens up around the area

Aussie10
Aussie10MUDGEERABA

Good riddance - Infinity cable sellers

Bought infinity cable from these jokers and we all know how that worked out. Also aircon unit that was easy to organise and install but trying to get the advertised discount for it, well lets just say what goes around comes around, owned by woolies I believe, no doubt they will go under next, poor customer service too.

charger1948
charger1948

Ripped Off

Sinking to new lows

Weeks ago my mother purchased a rangehood from the Canberra store - as it was a display item staff asked her to return at the end of November to collect. When she arrived they had somehow lost the item and tried to get her to take one that wasn't even the right dimensions. They initially refused to refund her fir the product she never received then finally said "just give her a refund to get rid of her" - I have read the terms and conditions on the masters website about their liquidation returns and its states refunds will not be given for change of mind - not that they won't be given if they can't supply the customer with the product they paid for - disgusting

Find out how Masters Home Improvement compares to other Hardware Shops

All good things come to an end

The staff are helpful and lovely. Masters will be missed. I like the music they play instore also. Better than the opposition.

Equityadvocate
EquityadvocateWA

BAD STAFF Member, disgusting attitude.

There is no clearer way of being objective and factual.
The female staff member at Masters Bayswater WA was so horrible in her manner towards me it made me feel sick to the stomach thinking of whom she might be working for next. Asking her about the warranty about an item I am buying, she barked at me to just go to customer service counter. She made no effort to say politely, kept saying she knows nothing. Who would ever want to employ such an ignorant person is beyond my comprehension. No desire to find out. No can do attitude. She is definitely a liability to a business.

Faulty stock being sold during Liquidation period.

Mick
MickAdelaide

Read sale advertising but interpret to advantage

Example: Masters closing down sale everything 30 to 60% off plus for the next 2 days get an extra 10% off of your total purchase at the checkout, pretty clear that doesn't make it 40 to 70% off everything but as usual a minority read the ad then have there own interpretation. Always a pleasure shopping at Masters good luck to all staff for the future.

Tricky scammers

Test has out for wrong pricing at the register and refusal to refund wrong pricing!!!! Unbelievable. You can see the price charged but not the discount given.
They have lots of other tricky practices. Eg the extra 10% is NOT 10% of the original price it is 10% of the reduced price ie if 50% it is 10% of 50% ie 5%

Sonja
SonjaCaboolture South

Paint not As Describe

Check your goods won't change a 180 dollar door

Bought a door stain glass damaged they won't replace it and dealing with a liquidator not a manager. Just told me to go away and told me the door was cheap. I said it's no good to use so its not worth anything.

Masters misleading discounts

Masters have been advertising up to 50% discount. Then on the 17 and 18th of October they again advertised an extra 10% off at the checkout. Most people would think and expect a 60% discount if they purchased a product that had a in store discount of 50% (50 % plus extra 10%), that would be wrong by Masters calculations, how they work it is: They give you 50% off the original price of the item then apply the 10% discount to the discounted price, so the total discount is less than 60% of the original price. Good one Masters. The staff don't understand how it works either, they tell you its 60% off. I hope the ACCC have a look at this.

Terrible Service

I was DISGUSTED in the customer service i got today from a employee named "[name removed]" I called around 1245 19th oct . I have brought many items in the past and they have been replaced or thoroughly helped me get it fixed. Today "[name removed]" cut me off mid sentence said they hold no responsibility for the product and when i asked for her name so i could come and talk in person her reply was " nuh , I'm not giving out that information , its not my fault you can't remember things. Bye!' and hung up. Luckily i remembered her name so i can find her when i come in .
I understand that masters is going out of business but that is no reason to let the customer service drop so far below average.

Masters of Nothing

Hi,

I've just been to Masters store in Scoresby and returned disappointed and disgusted.
I was standing in the queue to pay for my stuff where in front of me a gentleman who wanted to return a faulty product was not only wrongfully refused a refund but was treated quite condescendingly by the lady manager on duty. I dropped everything in my hands and left the store. No wonder you guys are closing down and good luck to your staff finding a job specially the lady at the front counter.
SHAME ON YOU masters.

One part Rort, one part untrained managers

Gail L.
Gail L.asked

Does anyone know what brand toilets Masters sold. I have a hairline crack in my cistern and am wanting to buy a replacement. Thanks Gail

Alan
Alanasked

Has anybody tried to assemble one of the kitchens ? The detail on the drawings is terrible . trying to assemble rawer & have no idea how to do it. No video tutorial available & scared I will damage the drawer trying to prise out a fitting to attach to front board . I will never buy the Profile range again

Pontian
Pontian

Why am I receiving this email?
Please delete my email ,

Regards
Carol

voyager
voyagerasked

how do you get onto the big boss at their h/q? It is hard to contact anyone

Werner S.
Werner S.

Sorry didn't....spoke to telephone receptionist and asked for directions to complain...explained my problem....she then spoke with manager and arranged for replacement blade from stock on floor.... extremely bad product because of lack of parts ...I had been in touch on 2 previous occasions and told that they would ring back...which didn't happen...xtremly bad customer service

1800liquidator