MATE Communicate

MATE Communicate

ADSL and NBN
4.4 from 1,439 reviews

They're awesome

We recentlysigned up with them and they're absolutely amazing! Team gets back to you straight away and we never had any issues, connection is great! Customer service is based in Australia.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Chesca, Wow, thanks for the fantastic review! Glad to hear you are so happy with us. Regards, The MATE team

Best Provider I've Used

Been with these guys for over a year now and never had an issue with our connection. Usually have at least 2-3 devices connected all the time and we have never had any drop outs or connection interuptions. Great price and would highly recommend!

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Dan S, Many thanks for the feedback and your great review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Regards, MATE team

Expectation doesn't equal reality

Did not live up to the expectation given by the reviews on here (not sure if they are able have fake or paid reviews). Substandard speed compared with what they promised and a $10 increase in my bill 6 months into using them without any further notice to me was enough to put me off mate. Would not recommend.

OK
OK
Start DateJune 2018
Set-up Time2 days
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Adrian R, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 so we can investigate.

Promises broken and service never delivered

We have been paying for 100m/s for two years and my service is lucky to get to 12m/s - and I live in the heart of the City in Melbourne! l

Terrible
Terrible
Start DateJune 2016
Set-up Time7 days
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi dcb, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 so we can investigate.

Great customer service and NBN just works

The connection setup was super fast - within a few hours. Connection is reliable and reaching advertised speeds. The price is very competitive.

I have also an extra 3 months on the initial special deal I signed up for. What a nice change to be valued as an existing customer as opposed to just trying to lure new customers!

Overall very happy customer. Thanks MATE :)

Start DateSeptember 2018
Set-up Time1 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi IgorB, Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Regards, The MATE team

Efficient and Easy

Purchased an NBN month-by-month plan with this company on a Monday. We included a configured modem router from the company for an easy set up process. By Tuesday our NBN connect had been authorised. By Wednesday the modem had arrived at our local post office. By Thursday, we had installed and set up WiFi within five minutes of opening the box.
Have no yet dealt with customer service enquiries or technical support, but overall our experience has been incredibly positive.

Good
Set-up Time3 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Tess, Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The MATE team

Best customer service!

I signed up for Mate's NBN connection 18 months ago after reading some awesome reviews on the web. The customer service team are fantastic - instead of waiting on hold for your call to be answered you leave a voicemail message and they call you back. I've never waited longer than 20 minutes. Very friendly customer service operators and have found solutions to 2 problems I encountered over the last 18 months; NBN cut me off for no reason and I was having wifi coverage issues in the house (needed to buy an extender). Very happy with the monthly fee I pay for the speed I receive, which is pretty consistent in peak hours. Highly recommend Mate!

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Mel R, Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The MATE team

Terrible NBN Connection Scheduling

Scheduled twice for NBN on 23 Jan and 02 Feb 2019. Tech didn't turn up both times and didn't bother updating me or calling me personally to say it has to be rescheduled. I had to take off from work both days hence loosing money as I don't have annual leave.

Today (02 Feb) they didn't turn up and this time they just sent me an email and rescheduled for 19th of Feb, on a week day without calling me up to confirm if I could be home. Terrible customer service even though the call centre is based in Australia!

Terrible experience. Only reason I'm with them is because there is no lock in contracts otherwise service and customer service wise I look elsewhere.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi HKhan, We are sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The MATE team.Account number is 634598.

Customer service that actually knows how to help...

I’ve experienced a stable, ongoing connection for the past 50 days since we signed up and the speeds are awesome. For once in my life I can watch movies without having to pause and wait for buffering. That’s amazing, isn’t it?

I had a group of friends over, approx 12 of us and we were all on the wifi at the same time and their was no reduction in the speed. We all sat on the lounge on Facebook, instagram, YouTube or Netflix admiring the ability to all be on the same connection at the same time with zero lag and buffering. That’s right! ZERO LAG AND BUFFERING!

Finally the customer service is truly helpful and when I say helpful I mean they listen to what you’re saying and trouble shoot with you over the phone where their competitors read from a script and frustrate the crapola out of me!

The customer service team at Mate Communicate are like an all star soccer team (take your pick), they’re trained, they show up, they know what they’re doing and they’re playing to win the final!

I know who I’m tipping in the Australian Telco Cup (it’s mate communicate).

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Cory B, Wow, what can we say! Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear we have provided you a great service. Regards, The MATE team

Above and beyond service

Our NBN was connected and I was having trouble with the configuration of our modem. I called Mate at 6.50pm and left my details with them knowing that they finish at 7pm but was so pleasantly surprised to get a call back at 7.20pm by a really nice man who helped me get my modem configured and my internet connected. Very happy with the service.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Hayjane, Thanks for sharing your experience. We can confirm as long as you call before 7PM and leave a message, we will always return your call. Glad to hear you are happy with the service. Regards, MATE team

Good Service, Great team

Very Competitive pricing, Prompt response. Short hold times, unfortunately not 24hr tech support as far as I know but once set up I never needed tech.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Pheasant, Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The MATE team

Internet simplified

Simplificity and clarity is in the service, the website, and the processes. Customer service is the best that I've encountered in this industry. If they include International Call and Text in their mobile plans, I'm going to switch to that too!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Carolynn, Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Regards, The MATE team

no service provided

We had 9 months with this provider who blamed us for them not being able to provide the service we paid for. We had Telstra check the line under the threat that we would pay if they didn't find a fault. Mate arranged Telstra to attend on the wrong date then told us that we may have to pay if we need them to come again, even though they never attended. We had the cabling rewired from the network boundary to the only point in the house. The service was still not consistent, and we even bought the modem they recommended. To stick it to us as we finally gave up and left they charged us for a full month even though we canceled the plan a couple of days into it. Horrible experience. We have switched providers and now have a 75 Mbps service at the same address.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Shanon, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise what your account number was so we can look into this issue? In regards to your new service, this sounds like a completely different type of service (cable) as ADSL is not capable of such speeds. Regards, MATE team

$50 off your next bill. Yeah right!!

Happy with the connection. Don't experience dropouts. Happy that you speak to someone who understands you.
$50 off next bill if you refer someone. Yeah, right. I referred my neighbour; but because He didn't put me down as referring him at time of application. Too bad for me. I guess I won't bother referring again. Disappointed.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Katherine, Glad to hear you are happy with the connection, thanks for your feedback. In regards to the referral, for both online and phone sales, the referral must be left at the time of the order - it can not be added at a later date once the order has been submitted. Regards, MATE teamI recommended your company, which is obvious, as I am there neighbour.

Excellent ISP Provider

I was nervous about going down the NBN path after all the negative comments about the service. I was also sceptical of all the providers on the market. After a bit of research I came across "Mate Communicate"
I decided to give them a go and honestly, I haven't looked back. Everything they said they would do, they did, very efficiently on the day that they said the NBN would be connected, it was connected in the morning as promised.
My mobile was swapped from my previous provider within an hour. (Kept the original number.)
Luckily my NBN connection was completed at the exchange so I did not have a technician to call at the house.
I took the NBN 50 option and my speed is 46.8 mbps, download and 18 upload.
If you are looking for a genuine NBN provider, look no further than "Mate Communicate," you won't be disappointed.
Their customer service is first class, it is an absolute pleasure to talk, or e-mail, a local company instead of overseas call centers. Well done guys.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jack, Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, MATE team

Very pleased with stable, good connections at reasonable price.

Several months experience with the NBN 25 plan.
Occasional slowing of internet connections at peak hours below the quoted typical evening speeds but better than previous, major provider.
No dropouts.
Paying same price for double the speed.
Streaming movies (Netflix), YouTube in high res with no problems.
Would earn a five star rating if there were extended hours support as many people, including myself, have to address issues out of office hours.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi GVA2, Wow, thanks for the fantastic review! Glad to hear you are so happy with us. Regards, The MATE team

Great after sales service

After being with a few other NBN providers and having lots of issues with the NBN I swapped over to Mate, same issue so I called and within 3 minutes I was chatting to a tech and organized an onsite NBN tech to come out and problem solved. The last provider would keep me on hold for hours at a time with no resolution after 10 weeks.
Im very happy with the communication and speed to resolve my issue.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jason, Thanks for sharing your experience mate! Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, MATE team

Charged for a month I'm not using

I think the internet service was great! But they definitely dropped the ball when it came to accounts. I called up on a Monday, realising that I hadn't cancelled the account yet. The next payment was due at the end of the week, so I believed I had sufficient notice, given I hadn't even use the internet for the 3 weeks prior! Account got cancelled but they said they would look into not charging me for the next month and give me a reply with a couple of days. Heard nothing and they've charged me for another month. What a crock!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Elaine, We are sorry to hear this. Our cancellation policy, as stated in our critical information summary (CIS) is that we don't pro rata or refund for mid-cycle termination. We would like to investigate this matter further, can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The MATE team.It wasn't mid cycle. I did not want to pay for the next cycle - which would have been a credit for the next month. It was extremely disappointing that I did not receive any communication further to my call about whether they would stop the payment going through. There was no option on the site to remove my credit details. My number is 607964.Hi Elaine, Thanks for confirming. As advised, we do not have any cancellation fees and we do not require notice to cancel an account. However, we offer no pro-rata refunds or credits if you cancel your account during your billing period. Your bill cycle falls on the 3rd of every month, this is the day your invoice is generated each month. If you go over this date then you will need to pay the full month plan fee. Please keep in mind that your payment date is not your billing cycle date. You contacted us to cancel the service on 14/01/2019 and this was within your last bill cycle which was 03/01/2019 - 02/02/2019, hence we are unable to provide a credit/refund in this instance. Regards, MATE team

Wi-Fi nbn not working

Unfortunately after long time I had mate for my nbn today I was quiet disappointed.
Today there was a interruption of electricity by ausgrid for some work in progress apparently.. back at home the wifi wasn’t working.. unfortunately the support after 7 pm isn’t available anymore.. so I decided to write an email to them.
The support asked me 8 question... which was more easy at my point of view thru the phone.. so I send them back another email... no answer whatsoever...
Also in these few months I noticed that the speed it’s getting slower.. definitely if I don’t see improvement i’ll Change with another company.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Claudio, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Just to let you know, if there is an interruption of electricity, your nbn Internet service will not work as this requires power to operate. Regards, The MATE teamOh I didn’t know without power the internet service isn’t working..

I can't believe they don't have technical support!

We have been connected with Mate since October 2018 and it has been fantastic. Unfortunately today evening (22/9) there was not internet so I decided to call mate tech support to get some help or at least some explanation. Surprise! there's none. If you call after hours (7pm) no option but call next day. If you call during business hours you have to leave a message and they will call later. They proudly advertise their call centre is Australia operated but frankly I don't care if someone from overseas can give me a hand, very frustrating. Glad I don't have a contract so if this issue doesn't fix I will move on.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Pablo61, We are sorry you feel this way. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP and contact you directly in regards to your internet service? Regards, The MATE team