Mate ADSL

coinlaundry

coinlaundry

Good service, decent prices

Have been with Mate for over a year. Went with them as I heard good reviews from friends. They have not disappointed with reliable service and good speeds. Also have offered to switch us over to NBN at no extra charge. Their call centre is very friendly and helpful - would recommend to anybody.

B.T.Melb

B.T.MelbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

As per the other reviews

I chose MATE based on reviews from other users and they did not disappoint. The sign up and connection was a smooth process. So far the internet is generally working well.

Start DateAugust 2019

DavidSydney, NSW

Lip service and incompetent

Start DateSeptember 2019
Kate

KateDarling Downs, QLD

Decent ADSL provider.

I signed up for 'mate' ADSL for six months while living in a rural area and I found them to be a good overall provider and would still be with them if I had not moved to an NBN area. The setup was simple and they had excellent Australian-based customer service representatives and a reasonable monthly cost. The fact that I did not have to 'lock in' a contract really sealed the deal for me. Would recommend.

Start DateFebruary 2018

Alaa

AlaaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A customer for a number of years. Great service.

I've been a Mate customer for over 2 years and I've been happy with their service. I've also opted to stay with them while moving and started using them as my NBN ISP. They've had a few interruptions in service, as any service provider would at some point, but I was informed via SMS every time and the downtime was minimal. Only needed their customer service for account issues not tech related issues but I was happy with the assistance I received. Unlimited data and no contracts means they are confident with the service they provide. Overall I am a happy customer and highly recommend their service.
Disclosure: I was asked to provide a review of their service. And I am happy to recommend them.

Review collected in partnership with MATE Communicate

Excellent Service with minor issues.

I have been with the service for over a year and I just had a problem with the conexion getting slow or lost in the last month, but I totally recommend the service and I am happy with it.

Start DateAugust 2018
Contract Type12-month contract

Mendo V

Mendo VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

4 years happy! Been with them on NBN and now ADSL.

4 years happy! Been with them on NBN and now ADSL. The service is the best in Australia. They pick up the phone straight away and the call centre is in Australia. (You can understand their perfect English!) Thanks for the tech support Tim and every staff member!!!
Excellent prices too!!!

Karl B

Karl BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy, fast and reliable.

I just switched from Belong to Mate, having had really great service from Belong for years until it started to really slow down and drop out recently. I churned to Mate and it's been a smooth and easy. Signed up on Wednesday, modem delivered Friday, service connected Monday. No issues, no drama and a really great price with a reliable connection, well-rated modem and good ADSL speed so far. If you don't have an active Telstra phone line you may need to pay for one to be connected - but they explain all this to you. I'm impressed and really happy!

Start DateSeptember 2019
Anonymous

AnonymousSydney, NSW

Easy connection process - ADSL - nice staff and fast answer on support requests
Everything works (internet, phone, vpn)
Have met all their promises so far - connection time was fast
Generally happy with everything

Start DateAugust 2019
mawar

mawarMelbourne

Can't fault their customer service!

I used to be on their NBN (which had blazing speeds) but then I moved homes to an area with no NBN so had to downgrade to ADSL. Although there were other providers with slightly better rates, I was adamant to stick to Mate. Their customer service has always been top notch. They walked me through the entire process from ordering the service to set up, sent updates via email and sms and was friendly to boot. What I loved most though is that their team is based in Australia as well. Highly reccomended.

Start DateJuly 2019

Chelsea Chapman

Chelsea ChapmanSydney, NSW

Good. Connection is a bit off at times, find myself disconnecting my phone when I get home.

Yes, connection is slow on my phone when connected to adsl.
Don't use it for my phone at home only Tv due to the slow connection. Works well with the TV just not for phones and my laptop is slow.

Start DateJuly 2019

Jornada

Jornada

Dodgy Practices

Esther

EstherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service is incredible

Customer service is incredible, super friendly and extremely helpful. You are talking with people that also speak fluent English which is a plus when trying to communicate over the phone. There really is no complications with this company, so easy to sign up, and even easier to end the contract. (I was moving overseas) but if I wasn't, I would be happy to stay with Mate.

Start DateFebruary 2019

Carol Hong

Carol HongSydney, NSW

Great!

Reliable and great speed. The phone help was fantastic to help me set up, especially as I'm an older female living alone. The lovely guy even told me exactly what I needed to get from Officeworks to adapt my older phone line and the price! I couldn't ask for more.
I had already used Mate for a few years after getting NBN and had a great experience so although they were slightly more expensive than other 'cheap' deals I am convinced I have the best deal.

Start DateApril 2017

Mendo V.

Mendo V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crazy not to try the best! No contact, give em a go!

I did NBN with them and now moved to a NBNless zone. I won't leave them ever. They pick the phone! You can understand the Australian call centre! And it bloody works great. I recommend to everyone. Try it and stop going with the usual heartaches.

Start DateApril 2016

Siemen F.

Siemen F.

YES MATE!

Start DateNovember 2017

Amanda I.

Amanda I.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Never an issue!

We think the team at mate do a fantastic job & we would definitely sign back up with them when we reconnect. Customer service was always laid back yet professional & never an issue with our connection. Brilliant!

(Only reason why we've cancelled is because we are going caravanning)

Start DateJanuary 2016

Do not even bother!!!

My connection started off well enough but after continual disappointment over the last three months I have been trying to cancel my service. I first wanted to check how much data I have been using. It should be on your billl...but no! Go to my customer portal, click on the usage icon...no data available. Customer service tells me that it is there. After showing them it was not, they messages me with the information...no apology! I tried cancelling by email. I have to call. No answer we are busy leave your details...no call back! What a total hoax! Do not even bother entertaining giving these guys your business!

Peta L.

Peta L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great products and team

SO happy with these guys from start to finish. Easy process, great on the phone if anything is wrong & super easy & pain free disconnection. Wish all companies ran in this manner. Great price plan and internet connection was ace!!

Start DateMarch 2018

Matthew

MatthewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They Charged Me Before They Verified If They Could Deliver Internet To My Property & Then Blamed It On Telstra

Having local support is great, but only if they can actually connect your service.
I was asked to go purchase a home phone to verify my connection because If I didn't and they sent out a Telstra technician I would be charged $170 incorrect call out fee. If that does not work, I'll have to 'speak with my landlord about it' They proceeded to bill me for my first month anyway.

Don't put that on your homepage do ya mate

I now have more problems than I started with.

Start DateJune 2019