Mate ADSL

Easy connection process - ADSL - nice staff and fast answer on support requests
Everything works (internet, phone, vpn)
Have met all their promises so far - connection time was fast
Generally happy with everything

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Anonymous, Thanks for your review! It's always nice to hear good feedback! Much appreciated. Regards, The MATE team

Can't fault their customer service!

I used to be on their NBN (which had blazing speeds) but then I moved homes to an area with no NBN so had to downgrade to ADSL. Although there were other providers with slightly better rates, I was adamant to stick to Mate. Their customer service has always been top notch. They walked me through the entire process from ordering the service to set up, sent updates via email and sms and was friendly to boot. What I loved most though is that their team is based in Australia as well. Highly reccomended.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi mawar, Thanks for sticking with us, we greatly appreciate it and are glad to hear our team provided you with a good experience! Thanks again for your review! Regards, The MATE team.

Good. Connection is a bit off at times, find myself disconnecting my phone when I get home.

Yes, connection is slow on my phone when connected to adsl.
Don't use it for my phone at home only Tv due to the slow connection. Works well with the TV just not for phones and my laptop is slow.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Chelsea, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Sorry to hear your connection is a bit off at times, from what you have advised, it seems to be a WiFi related issue. We have arranged for one of our support agents to contact you for further troubleshooting. Regards, The MATE team

Dodgy Practices

Clearly states in the advertisement 0$ sign up fee, its says that early and often. It's not true, they in fact do have a charge of AU$59.00. They get away with it saying it's a pass through charge from Telstra and not them.

Been on the phone with someone from Mates who INSISTED it showed after you clicked on "I don't have an active phone line" that AU$59.00 fee would be charged, it doesn't. We went through the whole process again together over the phone and it didn't, like, at all. You would have to download and read the whole fine print to find out. Tried cancelling it, and even though it was two days ago it can no longer be done without paying the first full month + $59.00.

Dodgy effing practices and a customer service who aggressively INSISTS you are wrong and then when proved wrong just falls back to "well you should have read the fine print".

Great start "Mate".

Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Hi Jornada, Thanks for your review and we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. We can confirm that there is nothing dodgy about our process. When you signed up online, you checked the box which stated: "I accept the terms & conditions". The first condition listed is the following: "1. You accept and agree to the Critical Information Summary (CIS) of your selected service: nbn, ADSL or mobile" The ADSL CIS details all the costs, charges and fees associated with the plan you signed up for. Under the heading "adsl availability, connection charges and timeframes" it states the following: "All MATE adsl plans require an active phone line to operate. A standard Telstra connection fee will apply to connect your telephone phone service if this is currently inactive: • Existing telephone line without a Telstra technician visit: $59.00; • Existing telephone line with a Telstra technician visit: $99.00; • New telephone line connection: $240.00 with a Telstra technician visit and cabling work (upfront payment required)." We always highly recommend reading the terms and conditions of the product you are signing up for before completing the sign-up. We can confirm we have cancelled your order as requested and have provided a full refund of the upfront amount you paid. We wish you all the best. Regards, The MATE team

Customer service is incredible

Customer service is incredible, super friendly and extremely helpful. You are talking with people that also speak fluent English which is a plus when trying to communicate over the phone. There really is no complications with this company, so easy to sign up, and even easier to end the contract. (I was moving overseas) but if I wasn't, I would be happy to stay with Mate.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Esther, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience! Regards, The MATE team

Great!

Reliable and great speed. The phone help was fantastic to help me set up, especially as I'm an older female living alone. The lovely guy even told me exactly what I needed to get from Officeworks to adapt my older phone line and the price! I couldn't ask for more.
I had already used Mate for a few years after getting NBN and had a great experience so although they were slightly more expensive than other 'cheap' deals I am convinced I have the best deal.

Start DateApril 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Carol, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Glad to hear you had a great experience with us and that our team was helpful! Regards, The MATE team

Crazy not to try the best! No contact, give em a go!

I did NBN with them and now moved to a NBNless zone. I won't leave them ever. They pick the phone! You can understand the Australian call centre! And it bloody works great. I recommend to everyone. Try it and stop going with the usual heartaches.

Start DateApril 2016
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Mendo V, Thanks for your fantastic review! We appreciate your positive feedback, and we are glad to hear you have been happy with your MATE experience. Regards, The MATE team

YES MATE!

Very very happy with these guys and the service they offer.

I'm on an ADSL connection, so it's all about customer service for me as they cannot do much about the speed I receive. this will change with NBN but I will update my review if needed.

Have been with them for almost 2 years and only had one issue so far.
My actual line was compromised so they had to arrange for telstra to fix it.

Within 24 hours Mate organised this and the telstra technician was here the very next day.
There where a few issues from Telstra's side.

Communication and support over the phone from the team at letsbemates is simply amazing, quick and friendly.

Overall a very good experience with them so far!
They are not the cheapest, but you do get what you pay for.

Start DateNovember 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Siemen F, Wow, thanks for your fantastic review. We appreciate your positive feedback, and we are glad to hear you have been happy with your MATE experience. Regards, The MATE team.

Never an issue!

We think the team at mate do a fantastic job & we would definitely sign back up with them when we reconnect. Customer service was always laid back yet professional & never an issue with our connection. Brilliant!

(Only reason why we've cancelled is because we are going caravanning)

Start DateJanuary 2016
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Amanda, Thanks for providing us with this feedback, and glad to hear our support team were helpful! Regards, The MATE team

Do not even bother!!!

My connection started off well enough but after continual disappointment over the last three months I have been trying to cancel my service. I first wanted to check how much data I have been using. It should be on your billl...but no! Go to my customer portal, click on the usage icon...no data available. Customer service tells me that it is there. After showing them it was not, they messages me with the information...no apology! I tried cancelling by email. I have to call. No answer we are busy leave your details...no call back! What a total hoax! Do not even bother entertaining giving these guys your business!

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Disgruntled, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your MATE Code/account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Great products and team

SO happy with these guys from start to finish. Easy process, great on the phone if anything is wrong & super easy & pain free disconnection. Wish all companies ran in this manner. Great price plan and internet connection was ace!!

Start DateMarch 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Peta, Wow, what can we say! We appreciate your positive feedback, and we are glad to hear you have been happy with your MATE experience. Enjoy! Regards, The MATE team

They Charged Me Before They Verified If They Could Deliver Internet To My Property & Then Blamed It On Telstra

Having local support is great, but only if they can actually connect your service.
I was asked to go purchase a home phone to verify my connection because If I didn't and they sent out a Telstra technician I would be charged $170 incorrect call out fee. If that does not work, I'll have to 'speak with my landlord about it' They proceeded to bill me for my first month anyway.

Don't put that on your homepage do ya mate

I now have more problems than I started with.

Start DateJune 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Matthew, We are sorry to hear this. A manager has been assigned to contact you to discuss this further. In regards to testing for dial tone with a phone handset, this is a recommended suggestion but is not required. We always recommend this as it is the best way to determine exactly where the issue lies on the ADSL service. Unfortunately, ADSL connections are managed by Telstra directly and not something we, or any other re-seller, have control over, and there are certain processes that must be adhered to when there is a fault or issue with the service. In saying this, we do understand that any issues with connection are incredibly frustrating and reflect poorly on our own service. Regards, The MATE team

Marvellous support

Living on an island with no NBN and ancient landlines, I don't enjoy fantastic facilities, but the support from MATE is first class, always very patient with my limited understanding of things technological.

Start DateMay 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Wendy, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback, glad to hear you are happy with us. Regards, The MATE team.

Stable internet without any interruption, friendly tech support

Happy with MATE as ISP for our ADSL2+, since the internet is pretty stable most of the time and friendly staffs on phone. Overall pretty happy with them

Pro:
1. Stable internet speed
2. Get prompt notify SMS when internet interruption/downtime occurs
3. Friendly staff phone support

Cons:
1. Costly for ADSL2+ (unfortunately no NBN for our area yet)
2. No staff/phone support after 8PM, which can be annoying when something happens after work hour

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
HI Sion, Thanks for leaving us a review! Glad to hear your service is stable, and you have been happy with our support team. In regards to cost, if you are price conscious, one way to reduce your bill is to refer a friend to sign up with us - if this friend is provisioned, we offer you $50.00 credit on your next bill. In regards to opening times, we do have to balance our support being entirely based in Australia. Nonetheless, we are always looking at ways to improve our services and will pass on your feedback regarding our operating hours. Regards, The MATE team

Flexible and competitive service

Moved home and don't want to sign up a contract as waiting for NBN connection.
Found Mate provides month to month service with no installation and no lock-in contract.
Easy to connect service. They are all nice.
Never had problem with them.

The promotion period was good but after promotion, the price is not competitive.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi levin, Thanks for your feedback and taking the time to leave us this review. We are sorry, however, that you feel our prices aren't competitive. If you are price conscious, one way to reduce your bill is to refer a friend to sign up with us - if this friend is provisioned, we offer you $50.00 credit on your next bill. While competitors deals may sound fantastic, we hope that you have been happy with our service and will stick with us. We understand that we are never going to be the cheapest provider and if you are looking for a better deal there will always be a cheaper provider out there. Regards, The MATE team

NBN Service

Have been with Mate for 3 years. Travel across Australia for a few months annually and disconnect service when away. Reconnection has always been simple and efficient with guidance from articulate service advisors. We are soooo happy with mate communicate that we rave to all our friends what a good provider it is. Great company to deal with.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi louise, Many thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Regards, The MATE team

Mate Communicate

The Pros:
I swapped to "Mate Communicate" (M.C.) October 2018. My wife and I used their bundle deal for the internet and mobile phones. We haven't had any problems with the service. In fact, our ADSL internet speed increased quite a lot than what we had from our previous Internet Provider. We have found them easy to talk to and patient for the likes of us who are of the older generation and aren't totally "tech savvy".
The Cons:
Mate Communicate use the Telstra network system, of which they only have 98% .
My wife and I live in Western Australia, recently we took a trip to Esperance, which is approximately 700 kilometres southeast of Perth. In Western Australia, the smaller towns which we passed through had no signal. The major towns like Esperance, Bunbury etc... we could get a signal. This isn't (M.C's) fault because of the relationship with Telstra.
It appears from looking at the East coast of Australia, where there are bigger towns and population, the coverage of the mobile signal appears to be a lot better than the west coast.
We live in a Perth suburb, so have no problem locally.
Because of the lack of signal in distant places, we could not recommend M, C. to friends in these places.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi David, Thanks for your review. We are very glad to hear your ADSL Internet speed increased. We can confirm that our mobile service uses parts of Telstra's 4G and 3G networks and coverage in rural or regional areas can vary from Telstra directly. You can see our 4G coverage map below, which will provide a bit more detail: http://mobilemaps.net.au/maps/mcm/4G.html Regards, The MATE team

Amazing Product and Awesome Customer Service!

Reliable, fast service and awesome customer service that sort out any concerns straight away. Super easy to sign up and no lock in contracts. You won’t want to leave though. Thank You Mate Communicate! I recommend your company to everyone.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Julsey07, Many thanks for taking the time to leave us this feedback! It is much appreciated by the whole team. Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Regards, The MATE team

No issues!

I have recently replaced my modem and found better connectivity with my current adsl+ acct,, the service to date has been good. I read a lot of poor reviews and coincidentally seem to be during the nbn chNgeover but blaming Mate! I was informed by NBN that there may be issues with changeover regarding poor service and loss of numbers if I did not switch over soon,, as I am still using adsl2+ without issues I can only assume that Mate are not the issue but the transition to our over expensive you bewt NBN,,, I will stick with reliable adsl2+ for now until I am forced to change; why fix something that is working and not broken.
I think some people want the world for the cost of peanuts. Try one of the other Telcos and see how you go; $$s for sure and even worse service without a smile but smatterings of arrogance!

Start DateMarch 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Ray, Many thanks for your kind words and your feedback! We will pass it onto the rest of the team. Regards, The MATE team

Congested and unusable at night.

I came across from Internode to Mate thinking that our internet service wouldn't change at all or if it did minimally, how wrong I was.

Ping times went from 15ms to 35ms

Connection speed dropped from 18000 to around 15000 and mate wasn't even interested in looking into why the speed dropped and was told its within a reasonable connection speed nothing can be done.

Was told I'd have a static IP address which I need so I can access the system remotely, IP changes even single time the connection drops out.

And Mate support teams response when the problem is to hard "We don't have contracts here at mate you are free to move to another ISP"

I would not recommend to any of my friends to switch to mate, ever.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Dale, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your MATE code/account number so we can look into this issue? Regards, The MATE teamI wouldn't even bother looking in to the problems, I have contacted support several times in the past and gotten nowhere. I have already started the process of doing what your support guys suggested and churn to another ISP. "No contracts here at mate" So I'll just make the move away from mate. Thanks