Mate ADSL

Mate ADSL (page 2 of 14)

Very easy to work with

I have had Mate Communicate connected at two properties and on both occasions they delivered the connection as promised. On time on the day.
I am currently on an ADSL2+ connection and expected the worst but Mate are delivering a very stable, reliable connection. On the occasion there has been a problem their help desk has been easy to contact and to deal with.
A very competitive price for very good service. Very happy!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi James, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The MATE team

No issues or downtime. Enjoy if there is you can speak to a fellow helpful Australian on the phone.

Extremely reliable service, been over 18 months with Mate and did not miss a beat. Nil, none drop outs. If there is a problem there is the comfort you can talk to a Australian on the end of a phone.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Kum Wah Ho, Many thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback! Regards, The MATE team

Mate is probably the best option for anyone to get

When I moved in Australia (about 2 years ago) I was having so many issues with my provider that I was almost giving up having internet at home. After a deep research, I found Mate and read some reviews about it - Then I decided to try it out.

My first address had NBN - The speed was at max (50MBPS) and when I had connections problems, the support was 100% helpful and kind.
This is what every company needs to aim for! Regardless of what issue you're facing, their support is fantastic!

My second and third apartment unfortunately didn't have NBN. So until now I'm under ADSL connection, which is terrible and unstable. Sorting out with their support I could at least end up with some stability but since my building is far from the connection box, I don't get a great speed.

This problem is something that we can't easily solve but still, the support they provide is amazing.

You should definitely try :)

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Pedro, Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Regards, The MATE team

Promise alot, deliver below average

Try to use there own website on 4 attempt's, run time errors and page doesn't load, cant complete task to update payment info. Takes half an hour not 5 minutes.
Difficulty loading images and streaming simple movies on facebook or netflix during busy periods. 1 user max in the house streaming anything at any time.
They like to try and shift the blame onto the source of the movie (multiple different sources doesn't change the issue occurring), age of technology which is less than a year old in my case or anything else they can come up with. The house is only 8 years old so lines are new. It works fine most of the time but the package sizing/bandwidth shaping and bottle necking during peak times make the service fail.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi James, Sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your ADSL service. We can confirm a fault was logged with Telstra for your service, but no network fault was found. Our upstream provider can't comment on speeds experienced when gaming on various servers. There are many factors that influence the speeds here such as international servers, the number of users accessing these servers (congestion on the servers) and various international links. We wish you all the best with your new provider. Regards, MATE teamHi Same copy and paste you gave me last time. It doesn't mater where the content is, local or international. Your own website unable to load was a new low. Anyway, you supply a cheap service, why am I expecting so much.

5 star user experience

I love the fact that if I have an issue I can call a local guy based in Australia who is friendly and speaks plain English for us non-techy types. Fast internet, reliable and cheap. I recommend them to everyone I know!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Danielle, Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Regards, The MATE team

All good

Very reliable /emailed before bill is due which helps budget/connection does fail on weekends with Netflix,due to tourist influx I guess/ the fact I speak to people I understand and who understand me is great

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Ian, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The MATE team

Love speaking to humans and no one hour hold music

Love speaking to humans and no one hour hold music. Always friendly and courteous. Highly recommended. I hope they never get to big that this changes.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Paula, Very glad to hear this! Many thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Regards, The MATE team

Faultless delivery and service. MATES makes it so easy.

Our connection at present is ADSL or ADSL/2. Will be NBN when it is finally available. 100% reliable in the first year. Billing is simple and hassle free. Recommended to me by my brother, I have to report total satisfaction.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Colin, Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it! Regards, The MATE team

Great Service

Very reliable fast service with no drop outs. No issues at all. Friendly customer service giving extremely good, easy instructions and advice. Price is great. Very happy.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Biff, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, thanks for your review! Regards, The MATE team

So easy to deal with

Recently signed up for ADSL, phone line and two mobile phone sims. Easy on line process. Lowest price for mobile services I could find. Australian based contact people. Everything happened as promised. All my old numbers were ported over to my new services on the same day. No ongoing lock in contracts. No fee to upgrade to NBN when it arrives. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking to change supplier. All services working seamlessly and still on the Telstra mobile network.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi David, Many thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback! Regards, The MATE team

The connection is either down or the speed is just 300kbps on average.

The internet speed is very poor. The average speed is around 200 to 300 kbps.
Lately there have been lot of connection drops.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Vishnu, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 so we can investigate.

Fast processing

I migrated to MATE after experiencing frequent offline from my previous ISP. MATE processing is straight forward and they managed to connect my internet and telephone service even before the termination date of the previous ISP.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Froilan, Glad to hear this! Many thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. Regards, The MATE team

Good service

I've used Mate for my home internet connection, for a year now, and I'm happy.
We do have occasional connection interruptions (seconds or minutes, few times a day) but it doesn't seriously get in the way (and I'm not sure it's the IPS's fault either).
I was particularly impressed by the service - no "tie in contract", plus they were very helpful with the initial setup, we had some misunderstanding with Telstra records of the previous tenants, and it was even more confusing given that we were new to the country, but the service representative was very patient and helpful. It's also easy to get a phone reply.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Pelit, Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The MATE team

Very bad

Always dropouts always having issues. The wifi is very slow doesn’t always connect to my phone. Service does not always work due to dropouts

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Nancy, Sorry to hear this. We can't see that you have contacted our support team to report any issues with your service? If you are experiencing issues, we will need to troubleshoot. We have organised our support team to contact you ASAP so we can troubleshoot. Regards, The MATE team

Great when it works

Constant dropouts and slow speeds are a problems, normally resolved quickly but the fact it is common is the real problem.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Eythan Stokes, Sorry to hear this. We can't see that you have contacted our support team to report any issues with your service? If you are experiencing issues, we will need to troubleshoot. We have organised our support team to contact you ASAP so we can troubleshoot. Regards, MATE team.Well I’m sorry you can’t see that I have contacted you. Maybe that is because your connection is poor as mine and your records won’t load ? Hopefully I do get contacted ASAP, I look forward to being told that there are no issues, same as the last time I called.

Fast and friendly service

Our experience has been very satisfying. For a start we always talk to a human when we ring; waiting times for telephone support are short. internet speed is as fast as we expected. No nasty surprises or slow-down penalties. The landline conditions are also great. Mates is good value for money and excellent service.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi MaggieC, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, MATE team.

No problems

Internet might drop out for 30 seconds or so once every few hours on some days, but it's barely noticeable (hit refresh a couple of times and it's back). No issues with dealing with them - but I haven't really NEEDED to deal with them because there have been no problems needing solving.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi AKAArzosah, Thanks your feedback! Do let our support team know if the dropouts persist. Regards, The MATE team

Switched over to Mate easily with BYO modem. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout the process. Been a stable connection ever since.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Tam, Glad to hear you are so happy with us, we appreciate your feedback! Regards, The MATE team

Fantastic customer service

Customer service was fantastic during the installation process; I was regularly informed of progress and in most cases done quicker than the time quoted.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Peter, Thanks for the fantastic review. Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The MATE team

Good for the price

Had a few dropouts. A few days when service was in and out. Service is slow some days, requires a modem restart to get it right. Online gaming has been affected sometimes by it. Not a super fast speed generally but does the job.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Tonz, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you are happy! Regards, The MATE team