1,050

Great service, great internet!

The product is one thing, which is without fault the best internet Ive had in my rental properties. But the service is always 100%. Shout out to Mark! Highly recommend!

Start DateJanuary 2018

Chris B.

Chris B.Sydney, NSW

Great Speeds and awesome customer service

I switched to Mate from one of the bigger Telcos - due to the fact I could get a plan that offered double the speed for the same price I was paying. I have been really happy since making the change. My service was switched over VERY quickly, and the customer service team were really helpful helping me reconfigure my modem with the new settings. The customer Service team are obviously based in Australia and will do anything they can to help you out.- including callbacks if needed.

Ive now been using Mate for over a month, and the speeds and reliability of the service are fantastic. Id definitely recommend these guys.

Start DateAugust 2019
Standalone or BundledBundled
Jess W

Jess WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient & Great Communication!!

I just moved into my new place and initially went with another internet provider. I waited weeks for a follow up from them and hours on the phone waiting. I contacted Mate a week ago and I have already received my NBN and connection. I am very impressed with their efficiency and communication through the process!

Start DateOctober 2019
BILLK460

BILLK460Sydney, NSW

Thanks again Mate

I have been using Mate Internet for around 2 years now (50 Mbps FTTN no contract Plan) and very happy with the service and Internet provided.

On the two times when I have had to contact support, I have found them excellent to deal with.

The first time was when my area lost nbn for 30 minutes (beyond their control) they kept me up to date by text messages.

The second time (this week) they helped me with providing the settings I needed to enter into my byo modem router I bought to replace the 2 year old one which started playing up. They gave me clear concise instructions.

I have no regrets utilising their services. It is refreshing dealing people in an Australian call centre.

Start DateJuly 2017

Ben White

Ben WhitePerth, WA

Aussie staff

No major issues with Mate - they handled an NBN issue out for us and it is just so good to talk to an Aussie instead of a foreign call centre!

Dilpreet

DilpreetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Good

Been with them for close to two years now, earlier ADSL and then NBN. Was offered a good NBN ready modem which was worth the money. Only had issue once for which MATE said they can raise a chargeable service request which will be refunded if the fault is with Telstra. I called Telstra myself who advised there is an outage in my area. I expected MATE to check that at first instance and let me know. Barring this isolated incident, dealing has been good. Upgrade to NBN was smooth. No issues with billing

Start DateDecember 2017
Vanessa S.MATE Communicate

Great customer service. Speeds excellent. Just what you want from a provider. Good work Mates!

Totally reliable. Great speeds. Exactly as promised. Fair prices. Totally happy with the whole set up really. 100x better than previous provider. Cant recommend them enough, will stick with them for seeable future.

Start DateApril 2018

Excellent customer service, 100% would recommend

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Talha Ashfaque

Talha AshfaqueSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

I have been using MATE for around 2.5 years now. Always a reliable connection. Can't think of any dropouts.
The customer service team is excellent and very helpful. During this time I also changed my house and MATE team was very supportive in moving houses. My connection was moved to the new premises in an efficient way that I was not without the internet even for a single day.

Highly recommended.

Start DateFebruary 2017

Marcel B.

Marcel B.Peel, WA

Amazing speeds and great service

Never had an issue with MATE. Love that you have Aussie based support and signing up is a breeze. We signed up on a promotion, so paying 79$ a month for NBN100 connection. There is no account establishment fees, or lock in contracts. Overall fantastic service

Start DateApril 2019

Niga

NigaMelbourne

MATE team is amazing, very good service and amazing support.

Mate team has been amazing in handling all sorts of issues. The NBN service has been great, we have used them for more than two years now. Very reasonably priced.

Start DateSeptember 2017

BrunoJCM

BrunoJCMPerth, WA

Very good service!

After migrating to NBN, my connection would drop 2-3 times per day. I called Mate support, told them what I have tried so far and thankfully no stupid "I have to follow my troubleshooting script anyway" kind of call, they just scheduled a NBN visit, pretty straightforward. The problem is fixed now, NBN technician just removed the link to the old network on the curb box, letting my copper connected only with NBN, and connection is 12 days with not a single drop. 91/38 mbps most of the speed tests I did!

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Nicole W.

Nicole W.Perth, WA

The connection is reliable!

Never get disconnected. The internet connection is smooth and reliable. Never have problem or serious issue so far.
Sure will recommend to friends and family.
Hope this lasts ever!! Keep it up mate!!

Connection TypeWireless

Aussie support FTW!

My speedtests never dropped below 90MBps.

All outages are announced, it happened only once after a couple of years! I did experience some drop outs but I believe it is a router issue.

Start DateJune 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Hock Tan

Hock TanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best decision ever!

From the moment when I signed up for my NBN albeit a bit apprehensive whether I made the right decision with MATE , I was very impressed with the excellent customer service all the way up till installation which only took less than 2 weeks ! It’s good to know that I am talking to a local Aussie instead of someone in an overseas call centre! They delivered what they promised as I got over 40mbps constantly throughout the day.

Dom H

Dom HNew South Wales, 2322

Amazeballs

This is the third internet company I have had in the passed almost 2 years. The other two companies I was ringing every single day because my internet kept dropping out and they would blame it on NBN. I have had mate for about 3 or 4 months now and have not had to ring them once. I have never had a service drop out ever. Mate is awesome and I highly recommend them to everyone. I'm pretty sure if it was my NBN like MyRepublic and Kogan said I definitely would have issues with Mate but no nothing. A+++ on service and customer service.

Ozwelder

OzwelderCentral Queensland, QLD

Outstanding service and great to deal with.

Start DateMay 2017

Rams

RamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

This company has been great from the time I first chose them. Competitive prices, helpful and responsive staff. Very easy to communicate with and even negotiate with. I had some issues during installation due to the NBN contractors, which was unrelated and Mate were more than happy to give me a free month whilst waiting. Great choice of provider in my opinion.

Start DateJanuary 2018

Ty Sao

Ty SaoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent customer service. Fttn speeds 46mbps Max on 50mbps plan.

Connection So far so good, with no issues. Company has been very friendly, calling me and asking if I needed any help setting up. Changing over was fast and easy only took 2hrs.

Jaws

Jaws

Mate's make it easy

I have used Mates Communicate to connect NBN to two houses. Both times the process was easy and I felt Mates were just a call away if I had any questions. When I called I loved not going through the 3rd degree to identify myself and not being passed around to get support - the person that answered the phone new me and new what was required. Service is reliable , no drop outs. Speed seems ok (I previously had cable broadband ) and I know I can upgrade easily if required.

Start DateAugust 2019

DebW

DebWasked

NBN 50 (Best Mates)

I will be moving into a brand new building with no ADSL or NBN available. I would like to know about a wireless connection - am looking at the best mates fixed wireless? what does this mean? I have a modem, was presuming that all I would need is a sim card?

Hi DebW,

We can confirm Fixed Wireless is a type of nbn service, however, we don't offer wireless broadband.

Please contact us on 13 14 13 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can perform a service qualification check and advise.

Scott

Scottasked

Does MATE support IPv6 in a dual stack arrangement?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your question.

We can confirm we do not support IPv6 at this stage.

David L.
David L.

Do you know when MATE are planning to add support?

bobbysdadasked

NBN 50 (Best Mates)

At 7pm on the eve of me changing over to MATE, I thought I'd give MATE a call to see if there was anything I should know prior to my changeover. Well, the person I spoke to was annoying. He insisted on speaking over me all the time, and kept reciting over and over that because I was changing over on the 24th, [which is TODAY] there was nothing he would add. All I wanted to know was how will I be notified of my new log in and password and how long would I be without a connection, as it has been mentioned to me that sometimes it could be done within an hour. He almost accused me of lying, and that it could take up to three business days, and that he would review the tapes. He kept talking to me like I was some idiot. I was not amused, and almost threw in the towel there and then. His arrogance was astounding. You could do better hiring more pleasant people to handle your calls. I hope this wasn't a sign of things to come? Have I made a dreadful mistake, as I see others have had a difficult time with your service. Should I have gone to someone else? [639347]

Phil
Phil

Hey buddy, that sucks, the people I have spoken to have always been great. I can suggest emailing them, they answer really quick and there shouldn’t be communication errors that way.

bobbysdad

Thanks Phil. I was hoping one of their reps [eg Vanessa S] might be more helpful via here....

Hi bobbysdad,

We are sorry to hear this. We will have our internal management team review this call as we pride ourselves on our service.

Get an answer from our members and MATE Communicate representatives

Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)

Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)

Mate NBN 25 (Great Mates)

Mate NBN 25 (Great Mates)

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Monthly Price $99.00$75.00$69.00$59.00
Service TypeFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBN
ContractMonthlyMonthlyMonthlyMonthly