Great customer service, even better NBN service

Mate Communicate has great speeds and almost 100% up-time. The one time I've had issues was when my third-party modem broke, and they were happy to spend half an hour on the phone with me troubleshooting to make sure that's what it was before I went and bought a new one.

After a bad experience with another NBN provider, I can't recommend Mate enough. Customer service is the best in Australia. There's no waiting on hold: if there's a queue that's longer than a minute or two, they'll call you back instead of making you wait. Always friendly people and happy to help with anything you need.

Thanks, Mate!

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Kate, Thanks for leaving us with this fantastic review! Great to hear our support team were helpful and that you are happy with us. Regards, The MATE team

My New Mates!

I'm an avid internet user and have been with many providers over my time, how ever as cliche as it sounds, these guys have become my ISP Mate.

I've been with Mate for over 12 months now, and I can honestly say its been a VAST improvement on my previous providers. The support is second to none (I will add that I am yet to have an issue that is Mates fault, yet they have supported my call regardless, AND they have always been SUPER friendly), I have always spoken to an Australian call center, they have already given me a "Mates Rates" deal when I moved home. I honestly have nothing to complain about.

I'm moving from Melbourne to Brisbane in the next few weeks (as soon as our new place is finished), the new house has an FTTP service (which I am really excited about), and there is no denying I will be continuing my service with Mate.

Thank-you to Mate, for making our internet service a seamless and hassle free one, and I look forward to sticking with you.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jason, Wow, what can we say! We are blown away by your fantastic feedback and are extremely glad to hear that we have provided you with such a great experience. Thanks mate! Regards, The MATE team

Amazing service!

After a whole month without internet from my old ISP, including having to be home for 6 home visits, Mate sorted out the issue with 1 simple phone call.
Cannot recommend Mate higher.

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi bek h, Many thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear we could sort out your issue. Regards, The MATE team

Not getting Speed as advertised

i switched to this Service Provider from telstra thinking its gonna be better and after 3 months speed started dropping down i m paying for 50Mbps plan and only getting 21mbps now before when i just signed up i was getting around 35 to 40mbps and now the support team keep telling me that apparently my house cannot handle more than 21mbps and that they cant do nothing about it which is a pure joke why was i getting before 40Mbps than it just does not make any sense I would not RECOMMEND this SERVICE they are not delivering as promised.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Floki, We are sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your MATE code/account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 13 14 13 so we can investigate. Regards, The MATE teamHi Vanessa here is the Mate Code 621823 even tho i doubt anything will change.Hi Floki, Thanks for providing these details, we have arranged our support team to contact you and discuss this matter further. Regards, The MATE team

Excellant! AAA+ Service and great company to deal with!

Signed up for Mate NBN 100/400 Soul Mates during the $79 per month promotion in June.
Excellant service so far and actually better than my mostly reliable Optus HFC cable service that i'd have for many years. Great work and fantastic to deal with!

Start DateJune 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Santosh R. Wow, thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear your service is working well. Regards, The MATE team

Great product, speed more than adequate for our family

Modem purchased, was preset by Mate communicate provider.
Simply plug in and activate username and password.
Very user friendly NBM service provider. Initially signed up for 100 Mbs speed which was not available, chatted over the phone to return payment required for current 50 Mbs with no hassles.
Best of all the costs are of fixed costs that are charged monthly from my nonimated account. No sneeky extra costs.
Month by month costs, no contracts!
The major competors wanted upto 40% more in NBN chargers and upto 24 months contracts.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Ashely, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review, it is much appreciated! Glad to hear you are happy with us! Regards, The MATE team

They urge you to NBN then let you down

I got NBN last Tuesday. By Sunday no NBN. Then when you try to get things fixed, they blame NBN and expect you to be home 24/7 to get it fixed. I was better off on ADSL. These people are charlatans

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Josh26, We are very sorry to hear you feel let down in this instance in regards to the issues experienced with your nbn service. Unfortunately, all nbn connections are managed by nbn directly. If there is an issue or fault with the infrastructure that is providing the nbn service, this is managed by nbn and not something we, or any other re-seller, have any control over. MATE does not own any infrastructure, so we do need to rely on the network owner if a fault on this infrastructure does occur. nbn confirmed that there was unplanned outage on your service, and as your service was still offline after this outage, we immediately booked the first available fault appointment for you. We can see your service is now back online, and our faults team are monitoring your connection to ensure it remains stable. In regards to appointments with nbn technicians for fault resolution, nbn only issues fault appointments on Monday - Friday in two four hour timeslots - again, we don't have any control or say over this process as this is dictated by nbn. In saying the above, we do understand that any issues with your connection are incredibly frustrating and reflect poorly on our own service, and we constantly fight with our suppliers to improve these processes. If you would like to chat to us further about this specific issue, please let us know and we would be more than happy to contact you directly and explain the limitations around the process of an nbn fault or network issue in more depth. Regards, The MATE team

I’m a fan - and I’m over 70!

I had a very reliable Mate service at my last address - nbn and mobile phone- and having just moved have found the help available to reconnect over the phone fantastic. Pretty good when you’re 74!

Start DateJune 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi 70 year old, Very glad to hear you're a fan! Happy to hear our team have been helpful. Regards, The MATE team

Best internet I've ever had

Great customer service, great internet connection, and good prices. Not really had any dropouts apart from when we lost electricity due to storms. Definitely a great company and beat the big names by far.

Start DateJune 2018
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Emma J, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you are happy with us. Regards, The MATE team

Using the basic connection

Evenings at peak viewing times was very hard to get a good signal and internet drop out so much i have to give up trying . After support contacted me to sort my problem it has now been resolved by using a better performing router suited to my house. Support was very helpful and patient.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Terry, Thanks for your review! Very glad to hear our support team were helpful and could resolve the issue for you. Regards, The MATE team

Phenomenal support on the phone

My modem/router (not purchased from MATE) stopped working so MATE sent me a list of
compatible devices and then spent about an hour talking me through the setup once I had purchased it.This included an extensive amount
of troubleshooting. The support team have
endless patience and I am so grateful to them.

Start DateOctober 2017
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Tanya, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review. Glad to hear our support team were helpful. Regards, The MATE team

So far so good

Was best price at the time for 100mb speed, much better than Telstra. Also took up the Xbox offer
So far have had no issues with the quality of connection and communication during setup was really good

Start DateJune 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Audumla Thanks for your review! Glad to hear your internet service is working well. Regards, The MATE team

Good company Great Service

Has been fantastic with not a hitch going from ADSL to NBN. Even connected by Customer Service helping me ( an older lady) to connect. Great Customer Service and an Australian Company working in Australia

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Lesley, Very glad to hear you have had a good experience! Thanks for your review! Regards, The MATE team

Reliable internet, great customer service.

We had our connection set up when we moved in, so mate arranged with NBN to get us connected. The only issue we had was a few weeks delay thanks to NBN telling Mate that we had a connected phone line (the owner did not). We are very close to the node so speeds are good and reliable most of the time. The main reason I have stuck with Mate is because of the customer service being so good.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Travis, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you're happy with our customer service and your service is also working well. Regards, The MATE team

3 emails now asking me to review. Harassment right there.

I’ve had nothing but issues with mate but for the price it’s okay. I’ve been over charged once and then I got a refund because I emailed them about it, otherwise they would have taken my money. I had to buy a new modem as my modem from belong was not good enough for them. I had only brought the belong modem about a month prior. Mates new modem cost me $149. When nbn was available I connected to nbn 50 for $75 per month I told a friend that the price was okay and we looked at the website together and I realised the nbn 50 plan I was on now was $69! I told mate before my bill was due and they charged me $75, they could’ve easily changed it to $69 but got greedy and charged me the $75 + another $75 in one go! I told them to refund me the $75 and it apparently was an error on their end. The misleading plans for mate are terrible. Internet drops out at every night! I look at my wifi picture and it says 4G I have to go to my settings to connect to WiFi. I can’t be bother to call them because the call centre people do not help much at all. Yes, they speak English and so do I but asking for technical help is a language barrier. If a mate person replies to my review asking for my account number I don’t want to give it, I have zero interest to call mate unless you give me a better price to pay per month to make up for all the stress you have caused me and the overcharges and the LIES for the NBN and everything! Cause at $69 per month and drop outs every night as well as slow internet is really annoying, when I find a better deal with a different provider I will switch.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Tan, We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing drop outs with your service, however we are unable to help you if you do not want to contact us. We would love to have this issue resolved for you, so if would provide us with contact information we can arrange for one of our support agents to contact you. We would always like to offer a cheaper price but that will not resolve your drop out issue. Regards, The MATE teamThanks Tan, We have arranged for one of our senior support agents to call you and discuss this matter further. Regards, The MATE teamThey called. But no discount was even offered for the dropouts and stress I went through.

Highly recommend

Mate Communicate provides a very good service. They're easy to get help from on the phone. They're really good value. No lock in contract. No complaints. Though with movies buffers a bit on my plan. I highly recommend them.

Start DateFebruary 2018
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Jane, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Happy to hear we provide you with good service! Regards, The MATE team

Mate, you are offering Excellent Services

I did not experience any breakdown. When there was a repair slowdown, polite and apologetic messages were send in advance. I did not have any contact with the Customer Services, because there was no problems needed to contact them. I am leaving Australia for a long time, but I am sure, when come back, I'll join Mate again.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Ali, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Glad to hear your service has been working well! Regards, The MATE team

Excellent NBN service provider

Overall very happy with the service from Mates. We did have some evening buffering though even on their fastest speeds. It wasn't too bad though. Customer service is very good and almost a pleasure.

Start DateJuly 2018
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Lou2Loops, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! Very glad to hear our customer service has been positive. You shouldn't have any evening buffering though, so if you experience this again please let our support team know so we can troubleshoot and try and resolve this for you. Regards, The MATE team

Inconsistent NBN performance with poor MATE web platform

Overall it's been a disappointing experience. Inconsistent connection speeds and a web platform that lacks functionality. Have tried to change my credit card details repeatedly online without much success. Considering utilising a cheaper and larger provider like TPG

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Brendan, Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your MATE experience. If you are experiencing inconsistent connection speeds, have you contacted our support team to report these issues with your service? If you are experiencing issues, we will need to troubleshoot. Can you please advise your MATE Code/account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The MATE team

Hi quality no drop outs and no peak period slowdown

Had issues when I originally setup my byo modem staff were fantastic. When I changed address there was no more than a 4 hour delay before my new connection was up and running

Start DateJuly 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Steven, Thanks for reviewing us and glad to hear we could help you out with setting up your BYO modem! Regards, The MATE team

Does MATE support IPv6 in a dual stack arrangement?
Hi Scott, Thanks for your question. We can confirm we do not support IPv6 at this stage. Regards, The MATE teamDo you know when MATE are planning to add support?

At 7pm on the eve of me changing over to MATE, I thought I'd give MATE a call to see if there was anything I should know prior to my changeover. Well, the person I spoke to was annoying. He insisted on speaking over me all the time, and kept reciting over and over that because I was changing over on the 24th, [which is TODAY] there was nothing he would add. All I wanted to know was how will I be notified of my new log in and password and how long would I be without a connection, as it has been mentioned to me that sometimes it could be done within an hour. He almost accused me of lying, and that it could take up to three business days, and that he would review the tapes. He kept talking to me like I was some idiot. I was not amused, and almost threw in the towel there and then. His arrogance was astounding. You could do better hiring more pleasant people to handle your calls. I hope this wasn't a sign of things to come? Have I made a dreadful mistake, as I see others have had a difficult time with your service. Should I have gone to someone else? [639347]
Hey buddy, that sucks, the people I have spoken to have always been great. I can suggest emailing them, they answer really quick and there shouldn’t be communication errors that way.Thanks Phil. I was hoping one of their reps [eg Vanessa S] might be more helpful via here....Hi bobbysdad, We are sorry to hear this. We will have our internal management team review this call as we pride ourselves on our service. Regards, The MATE team

Do you allow incoming connections (for web server, ftp etc.)?
Hi Rod, We can confirm we do not block any services. To check availability and advise what we can offer you, we will require your full address. Please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise. Regards, MATE team

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)Mate NBN 25 (Great Mates)Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)
Monthly Price $59.00$69.00$75.00$99.00
Service TypeFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBN
ContractMonthlyMonthlyMonthlyMonthly