Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Best decision!

We called MATE about a week ago to connect us to the NBN (HFC). They said it will take about 4-6 weeks to setup, but to our surprise only a few days later we received a text staying the NBN technician will be out in a few days time. He was at the house for about 3 hours setting up the NBN modem and the Netcomm modem. He also fixed a few connections outside.

Once he left they said we would get our connection up and running in 24 business hours. It was up well under that too! We ordered the 100/40 NBN (HFC) package and was suprised to see that our speeds were actually hitting expectations. We got 93 download and 35 upload on our 5Ghz. This is using Google Wifi as well.

Overall great service and would highly recommend MATE to anyone that is looking to upgrade to the NBN.

Start DateJuly 2017
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Josh, Thanks for your great feedback! Glad to hear we could get this up and running quickly for you! Regards, The MATE team

pretty darn good

paid for 100/40, actual speeds vary from 70-120mbit down and 20-45 up
good customer service, don't call or email me for no reason
recommended isp for fttp
not much else to say

Start DateAugust 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi peterfixit, Thanks for your feedback! Regards, The MATE team

Problems but resolved in the end

I ended up changing providers shortly after connection to the NBN.

I am open to rejoining Mate once they roll out their POI network.

Their customer service representatives are generally polite. I did have a somewhat negative experience when trying to change providers though.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Harry, Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience when changing providers - can you advise your MATE code/account number so we can look into this?Hi, thanks for the response. 634448Hi Harry, Thanks for advising. We can see this service was falsely provisioned, hence there was a delay and another technician needed to come out to sort out the issue. We apologise for the delay. Regards, MATE team

Always wanted a MATE in Telecommunications.

Mate Communicate knows all about how customer personal relations use to be when customers were respected and held with high regard but with a 2019 AUSSIE STYLE flavour. 11 out of 10

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Troy, Wow, thanks for your great review! We will always keep it Aussie! Regards, The MATE team

Phenomenal. Easily the best experience with a telco ever.

I was looking for a new NBN supplier as I was paying for 100/40 with a competitor but only had about 6Mbit/s upload, they blamed NBNco and NBNco said no issue. I knew there was something going on.

This morning I called Mate, they are highly reviewed, competitive on price and month to month billing. Nathan was fantastic on the phone and it was only 6 mins from me dialling the number to being signed up to Mate. It's now only 7 hours later and my NBN has already been connected, I've logged in and happy to say I'm now getting 90 down and over 30 up.

Absolutely blown away. I know it looks too good to be true, but I will happily recommend Mate to whoever asks me for an NBN provider recommendation in future. Never have I walked away so happy with an interaction with a telco. Highly recommended!!

Start DateFebruary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Lee E, We are blown away with your feedback! Very glad to hear you have had a great experience, this is what we strive for with every interaction with our customers. Many thanks for your kind words and this great review. Enjoy the service! Regards, The MATE team

Promises broken and service never delivered

We have been paying for 100m/s for two years and my service is lucky to get to 12m/s - and I live in the heart of the City in Melbourne! l

Start DateJune 2016
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi dcb, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 876 283 so we can investigate.

Was getting faster speeds with ADSL service

Well I joined up with mate adsl some time back the speeds were 14mb. Now I went over to NBN was going fine to start with getting download speeds of up to 89 mbs and 36 up. Now come 4pm to 10pm nothing out of the normal not to be able to watch a youtube video or facebook video, Normal speed now I am getting is often less than 10mbs. upload is still ok at 20 to 36.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Vanessa, Thanks for your feedback. Very glad to hear that we have provided good speeds at a competitive price. Regards, The MATE team.Hi Vanessa, We are sorry to hear this. We can see our support team has logged a fault and are in contact with you, so we hope to have this resolved ASAP. Regards, The MATE team