My New Mates!

I'm an avid internet user and have been with many providers over my time, how ever as cliche as it sounds, these guys have become my ISP Mate.

I've been with Mate for over 12 months now, and I can honestly say its been a VAST improvement on my previous providers. The support is second to none (I will add that I am yet to have an issue that is Mates fault, yet they have supported my call regardless, AND they have always been SUPER friendly), I have always spoken to an Australian call center, they have already given me a "Mates Rates" deal when I moved home. I honestly have nothing to complain about.

I'm moving from Melbourne to Brisbane in the next few weeks (as soon as our new place is finished), the new house has an FTTP service (which I am really excited about), and there is no denying I will be continuing my service with Mate.

Thank-you to Mate, for making our internet service a seamless and hassle free one, and I look forward to sticking with you.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jason, Wow, what can we say! We are blown away by your fantastic feedback and are extremely glad to hear that we have provided you with such a great experience. Thanks mate! Regards, The MATE team

Excellant! AAA+ Service and great company to deal with!

Signed up for Mate NBN 100/400 Soul Mates during the $79 per month promotion in June.
Excellant service so far and actually better than my mostly reliable Optus HFC cable service that i'd have for many years. Great work and fantastic to deal with!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Santosh R. Wow, thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear your service is working well. Regards, The MATE team

Best internet I've ever had

Great customer service, great internet connection, and good prices. Not really had any dropouts apart from when we lost electricity due to storms. Definitely a great company and beat the big names by far.

Start DateJune 2018
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Emma J, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you are happy with us. Regards, The MATE team

So far so good

Was best price at the time for 100mb speed, much better than Telstra. Also took up the Xbox offer
So far have had no issues with the quality of connection and communication during setup was really good

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Audumla Thanks for your review! Glad to hear your internet service is working well. Regards, The MATE team

Excellent NBN service provider

Overall very happy with the service from Mates. We did have some evening buffering though even on their fastest speeds. It wasn't too bad though. Customer service is very good and almost a pleasure.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Lou2Loops, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! Very glad to hear our customer service has been positive. You shouldn't have any evening buffering though, so if you experience this again please let our support team know so we can troubleshoot and try and resolve this for you. Regards, The MATE team

Can’t fault

Ok I have been with mate for just over two years and in that two years I can say I have never had one bad experience not one. What I have had is some one who gives a crap. Ok so you ring yeah they are busy these mob will call you back with in the hour. I’m on the $59 a month ultimate plan my two kids my self my misses and my house mate trashed it every day. No drop outs not it’s taking for ever. We currently had a problem with are modem and I called mate up to find out that modem I had bought of them had fallen out of the warranty time. Thought great have to buy one of them now but with out even saying the great people at make said they will send me a new one just have to send the old one back free of charge. How good is that yeah $$ saved instead of being smashed for more cash. If you want good customer service good price on service and more then happy staff go with mate. You can’t go wrong and if you think they are f#%kd then in cancel it’s easy but I bet you will be like my self an just keep with them. Ps I’m not getting paid for this

Start DateJanuary 2017
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi D graves, Wow, what can we say! Thanks for your fantastic feedback, glad to hear we have provided you with an experience you can't fault. Regards, The MATE team

Extremely fast connection within 1 hour from phone call. Amazing customer service, no waiting to speak with someone

Never had a drop out. Faster speeds than expected as previous NBN only reached 78MB download. 4K on 2 tvs at once never skips a beat. No issues at all with service.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Terry, Wow, thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear your service was activated quickly and is working well. Regards, The MATE team.

NBN is perfect but Mate try

Good at times, sometimes its poor, overall, the NBN network itself isn't perfect, cant fault the provider for everything.
I have recommended others to Mate and haven't heard any complaints, i guess you gotta take the good with the bad.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Kevin, Thanks for your review! Please do contact support if you experience any issues as while many times this can be an nbn problem, it may also be an issue that our support team could rectify for you. Glad to hear you have recommended others to MATE! Regards, The MATE team

Great connection and communication

This is the 2nd property I have had with Mate and when I listen to other people I have no intention of changing. Highly recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable connection.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Glad to hear your service has been working well! Regards, The MATE team

Great customer service

Since NBN became available in our area, we decided to switch to MATE and they were quick to push along appointments to get our service connected. We ran into some issues on NBNs end and the Mate teM kept me updated throughout the whole remediation process.

Once we were finally connected, we couldn't be happier! No dropouts at all, and speeds have more than tripled since we were on cable. We are on the 100/40 package and at just $79/m, it's just amazing! The peak hour congestion is very reasonable, usually doesn't drop below 75 between 7pm - 11pm.

Not to mention the customer support. It is so lovely to actually speak to an Aussie and you can understand them so clearly. They know what they're talking about and do their best to help with your issue and stay on the line with you for as long as you need. Likewise with email responses. Usually less than 5 minutes, I receive a reply. It surprised me the first time, but they are extremely consistent!!

I recommend this to anyone looking to switch to the NBN. This service is great.

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Emily, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this detailed review! Very glad to hear that our customer support has been helpful, supportive and responsive. We really appreciate your feedback, enjoy your service! Regards, The MATE team

tops!!!

Connection only snapped once for 2 minutes in a year.
No dropouts, no issues.
the phone support: tops
never ever had a problem in one yar and half, cinluding moving places
They always answered my needs, are great value for money and an aussie company.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi emplyee, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear we have provided you with great service, that's what we strive for! Regards, The MATE team

Great Service and prompt support

Good connection, no dropouts, was 100 now 50 due to NBN only just connecting in my area and not informing Mate ISP that i wouldn't be able to reach 100. Support were great and fast and i did it through the website chat. Follow up emails and texts were sent as well. Can't fault them. Unlike other ISP's (TPG, Telstra and Optus) Mate offers static ip for residential which i need to hook up to work comps around Australia from time to time.

Contract Type18-month contract
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Rex, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We are very glad to hear that our support team were fast and helpful and are happy to hear your experience with MATE is positive. Regards, The MATE team

Fibre to the curb

NBN Co gave me grief to start with, not turning up when I was told by them a date and time, turned up on the second time, a few outages to start with that made me use my mobile phone to access the net via the mobile network, very unsatisfactory, since then it has settled down and is working at blinding speed.
Best test result 94 down 50 up.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Francis W, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear your internet service is settled now and is working well! Regards, The MATE team.

Great customer service. Internet speed at peak evening times hopeless.

I started with the lowest plan which was great except that at peak times it was non existent. I later upgraded to NBN 100, and while I now get some internet at peak times, it does suffer from slow speeds and even interruptions. I’ve complained but NBN (via Mate) say the line is fine.

Start DateNovember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Robert, Thanks for your review and glad to hear our customer service have been great. We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues in regards to your evening peak time speeds. Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The MATE team.

Great service and good rates

Very reliable service only one loss of service which lasted a few hours. There was plenty of communication from MATE keeping me updated. No other drop outs so far. Good speed.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi KateS, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear you are happy with us and that your internet service has been working well. Regards, The MATE team.

Excellent service! Average speed of 85mbps+
Drops to around 25mbps at peak times, due to fibre to the node doesn’t cope with lots of people using it at once.. Only thing is the communication between Mate and the NBN technicians could be better, not sure if that is Mates fault or the NBN. Our Technician didn’t rock up the first time.. stayed home from work a whole day and Mate didn’t have a clue why they didn’t come or when they could book again.. we had to wait for NBN to contact us again.. When NBN finally came to install they were rude and didn’t finish the job.. they told us that we needed to run a cable from the main house, out to our granny flat where we are living, to connect the modem.. so we ended up calling out our own electrician to come connect it... so we were paying for our new service for over 2 weeks before we could even use it because our modem was too far away for us to use..
The reason I am giving Mate 4 star rating is because even though we had all these issues I do not believe it was all the fault of Mate, I blame the NBN, Mate has been excellent and I have experienced great customer service and fast internet speeds as well..

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Valerie B. Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review, we appreciate it! Glad to hear your overall experience with our team was great. We agree that communication with nbn and nbn technicians could be better, however, we are limited by the process nbn has for technician appointments. Regards, The MATE team.

Great ISP

Fast connection speeds 95% of the time 90mbps no dropouts as yet but do get the occasional speed drop to around 20mbps.
Great phone support and very good communication during the on-boarding process, no issue easy and hassle free setup.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Jay, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! Glad to hear the phone support and communication was good. We appreciate your feedback! Regards, The MATE team

Good service, bad internet

The website, ordering process, delivery all were great. However, I rarely see more than 20Mbit despite paying 100Mbit in Neutral Bay (Sydney). Maximum speed I ever measured was 50Mbit. Connection stability is around 97%, which is rather bad for phone calls or video games - it's okay for everything else though. Ping is okay most of the time, around 20-60ms.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Hugo, Thanks for your review. Can you confirm your MATE code/account number so we can look into this for you? Have you contacted our support team so we can troubleshoot? Regards, The MATE team

Super Easy sign-up/connection, great service

Connection and sign-up process was as simple as it could be. Service since has been great, no issues with connections or speeds. Comms from MATE have been great as well, whether it be via txt message or email.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Luke, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback! Very glad to hear the connection process was simple and that you are happy with the service. Enjoy! Regards, The MATE team

Seamless Connection and would highly recommend Mate

Haven’t had any issues and the customer care is absolutely fantastic. The call to customer service was attended immediately and my queries were addressed in very less time. Mate as an ISP is highly recommended.

Start DateMay 2018
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Swaminathan Somanathan, Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback! Regards, The MATE team