Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Amazing company

I am so impressed by this company. I called to connect in the evening and by the following the morning I had internet! So easy. And the service was immaculate. Seriously great company. After so many companies with bad service and problems this was a complete breeze! I highly recommend.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeWireless
Hi JHE, Very glad to hear this! Thanks for your great feedback! Regards, The MATE team

My MATE is doing great

change to MATE Communicate while on adsl2 , then nbn 12 and soon after to nbn 25 FTTC with MATE Communicate, have a BYO router TP-link TD-W9960 , MATE helped me with router setup when nbn arrived and was up and running in no time,connection has not ever suffered drop outs or issues with speed , nbn 25 i receive 23.5mbps . your great MATE

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi rooster, Many thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience. Regards, The MATE team

Fantastic Service

Very happy with this internet provider. Not only have they got great NBN prices, but their service is outstanding. They are always so friendly and helpful and I never have to wait more than a few minutes to speak with someone. If they are busy, they always make sure to call me back within the next hour or less, which I love! that way, I don't have to stop what I'm doing to be on hold forever like other companies. I also love that I get to talk to a real Australian - no offshore people I can't understand. Not sure why everyone is having a whinge about the 12/1 NBN speed. My partner games online alot and I'm constantly streaming Netflix and Youtube and don't ever have a problem with the connection. 5 stars!

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Elisha, Many thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience. Regards, The MATE team

Don't waste your time

My misses had the internet hooked up while i was away. When i rang to discuss how terrible the service was i was blown away when he informed me its nbn. After troubleshooting and just having them tell me the connection is good and they were no help at all i started testing different modems and wired connections. The connection was choppy at best. For gaming and streaming you tube etc its a joke. We have moved to telstra and wow the connection is mind boggling exactly what nbn should be like. What annoyed me was mate was too interested in blaming my devices and my connection or modem (which they supplied) or the plan i was on than actually try get the connection better. Don't waste your time

Start DateJune 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi James, Thanks for your review. We can confirm the account holder signed up for the basic nbn 12 plan, which as we repeatedly advised to you, is not designed for online gaming. This is a basic nbn plan with speeds comparable to an ADSL service. Your connection was tested over the phone with a support representative and your line sync was recorded as 13Mbps which is the maximum available on the plan that was selected. There was no issue at all with your nbn service. If you have moved to Telstra and the connection is faster, then it is likely that you are provisioned on a faster plan, most likely the nbn 25 or nbn 50. These options were available for you to upgrade, and this was advised to you. All the best with your new provider. Regards, The MATE teamAbsolutely appalling to provide a service of nbn slower than adsl. The service was not even able stream you tube, netflix, or play games. Ive been gaming for a long time and know the difference between stability vs download speed. Online gaming is NOT i repeat NOT about download size its about stability. My mobile used as a wifi hot spot was better than your 588 dollar a year basic plan. There were times you tube just stopped playing and never loaded. I had a adviser show me how to log onto the modem and check sync speed. I refreshed it every second for 20 minutes straight while a simple you tube video was stuck buffering. It sat at 13962kb and that number didn't change ever! From the first time i checked it over a week ago to the 100 times i refreshed it. NO internet in the world is that good. To turn around and say your internet is that good is down right laughable. I rang you on many occasions to try and get decent internet and each time i was met with ignorant staff who kept telling me how good your internet is and it must be my devices or the modem (you sold us for 149 dollars) enough is enough. If in fact your basic plan is worse than adsl dont sell it period and especially at such a high price. At one of my premises i get 90mb download and 10mb upload for 69 dollars and thats not even nbn and its incredible. I have been using internet and gaming way to long to be told by some new company on the market that its the plan im on and i need to pay for more speed. My advice to you is to offer your next customer a much better resolution and response than just telling them its there devices or the modem. Offer them a month trial at higher speed to check if thats the issue offer them a different modem. We did everything you suggested. We tried running unsightly cables across our kitchen and lounge room floor. We tried different devices and then when i called back to give results i was shown how to check the speed which never moved even by. .001 of a kb after refreshing it for over 30 minutes while looking at you tube video buffering on a cable connection coming from YOUR modem. The information from the modem is completely fake nonsense.Hi James, The nbn 12 plan was the service the account holder selected to sign up to. The line sync rate is FIXED based on the plan selected and does not change as the maximum speed of this plan is 12Mbps. This is not fake information but is the line sync of the service. As advised, there was no issue at all with your nbn service - you signed up to the basic nbn plan with speeds up to 12Mbps and this was what delivered. Regards, The MATE team

Great customer service and NBN just works

The connection setup was super fast - within a few hours. Connection is reliable and reaching advertised speeds. The price is very competitive.

I have also an extra 3 months on the initial special deal I signed up for. What a nice change to be valued as an existing customer as opposed to just trying to lure new customers!

Overall very happy customer. Thanks MATE :)

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi IgorB, Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Thanks for your review, we appreciate it! Regards, The MATE team

New to mate

Well just joined mate. Got a router instead if a modem, and so far all is good. Very happy with the tech head who got me going. No problems, but uf there are will let you know. The signal is stronger than what i had before, so goes all over the house now, which us good. Much cheaper than what i was paying. So far so good. I did a lot if research before and read the reviews. Thanks mate.

February 20th 2019 Update: Simply the best
my own modem, it was not easy for me to set up. Spoke to technical support. Each one knew what he was talking about, patient, and very clever. I cannot thank you all enough, because this modem wasn’t easy. Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou. Would give you 100 stars if I could. I am always recommending you guys, but now lots of praise will go with it. You are simply the best!

Start DateMarch 2016
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Josey, Thanks for your review and glad to hear you are happy.Wish you would return my calls when I leave a msg.I have had mate for two years now, it drops out a lot. Well over 20 times a day. This has been going on now for months. I finally called but they are busy. Surprise surprise. It’s very slow, then times out. I think if things don’t improve going to have to move on. Very disappointed. I have recommended this nbn provider to many people.