Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates) (page 3 of 4)

4.5

• Adequate Speeds Yes (89%) · No (11%)

Best customer service and automated process

Whenever there is an issue you will be receiving sms and emails about it.
And once it has resolved you will again receive sms and emails.
Nice service Nice customer service with a good price.

Never any issues!

Connected to Mate when I moved (after a bit of research into reliable NBN companies). I have been using Mate now for 10 months and have never had the internet drop out. It does slow a bit in the evenings but I am on the slowest plan and it's never enough to really notice a difference. It was connected quickly (within a couple of days from memory). I have never had to use their tech support so can't comment on that. I have used their customer support via online chat, for a billing enquiry (I forgot to pay, my bad) and they were very quick and helpful.

Rams

RamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

This company has been great from the time I first chose them. Competitive prices, helpful and responsive staff. Very easy to communicate with and even negotiate with. I had some issues during installation due to the NBN contractors, which was unrelated and Mate were more than happy to give me a free month whilst waiting. Great choice of provider in my opinion.

Internet Service Providers

Find out how Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates) compares to other Internet Service Providers

railosmith

railosmithSydney, NSW

They are the best!!

guler

gulerSydney, NSW

Excellent customer service

I had dropout twice in 20 days for a short time and the internet is sometimes getting slow during the night although just two people are using it. But the customer service is great. They explain every step very well and let me know by phone and text and email during the connection process. It's connected faster than I expected. There are some issues on their website. When you click on a choice, it's not opened. When you click "see invoice" tab in the email they sent, it's not opened either.

Reliable. Great service.

Over 2 years. No problems or dropouts to our knowledge. Service team spent an hour on the phone trying to configure our modem. Proved to be a modem/router fault. Replaced with no further problems experienced.

70 year old

70 year oldSydney, NSW

Mate makes it so easy

My connection completely meets my needs. No problems, no dropouts. I have bundled this with my mobile phone account and the package is at a very reasonable cost. I recently moved house and Mate were fantastic is facilitating the hange and new NBN connection

Elena V.

Elena V.Sydney, NSW

Average speed on ADSL2+: 3 Mbps. Average speed when switched to NBN: 3 Mbps.

Connection drops once every few months. Speed is the main issue. It is as low as 1Mbps most of the time, and has not improved with NBN. Don't want their service.

Martin

Martin

Great to deal with. Easy communication.

Delivered on time and with no fuss. Call centre staff very friendly and helpful. Internet service is as expected. Would use again and recommend to others for NBN. Thanks mate. All good.

Terry B.

Terry B.Perth, WA

Using the basic connection

Evenings at peak viewing times was very hard to get a good signal and internet drop out so much i have to give up trying . After support contacted me to sort my problem it has now been resolved by using a better performing router suited to my house. Support was very helpful and patient.

Jane

JaneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommend

Mate Communicate provides a very good service. They're easy to get help from on the phone. They're really good value. No lock in contract. No complaints. Though with movies buffers a bit on my plan. I highly recommend them.

Lindsey B.

Lindsey B.Perth, WA

Not a problem so far

Really fast internet and customer service for the best price (in my opinion of course) I won't give 5 stars just because they are so bloody annoying sending emails to review them (way to many) until you finally do...

David Reid

David ReidIllawarra, NSW

NBN connection, great.

We haven't had any dropouts so far and are happy with the service. Mate was easy to deal with and helpful through the process. We were connected in no time.

Review collected in partnership with MATE Communicate

As good as I've had so far...

Without doubt Mate are so far ahead of our old provider, iiNet, that it's like chalk & cheese.
Service, response, resolution, patience, bang for buck - all of it are what iiNet fail to provide (in our case anyway which is why we moved all our internet providers over to Mate)
If there's a glitch in the ointment it's that Mate are beholden to NBN who are reverting to the former unaccountable & lacklustre Telstra performer of yore.

Why only 4 stars instead of 5 if Mate are as good as I've had? Hours of business. If they could be accessed before 0800 WAST (2 hours after they open in Sydney) then getting issues addressed & resolved before the commencement of the working day could be limited.

Steven Boromand

Steven BoromandSydney, NSW

My CCTV cameras stopped working since I switched to NBN. IP address changes every 30 seconds.

- Slow
- unreliable (gets disconnected often)
- My security cameras don’t work anymore
- Price is similar to other providers
- The only good thing is no contract and no commitment
That’s all I can say

Yasas S.

Yasas S.Hunter Region, NSW

Excellent quick service

I received the modem within 3 days of the order and the set up was very simple. There was an issue with the NBN box as I use Wireless NBN. The call centre was very helpful. There were no lengthy on holds or overseas call centre experience. The issue was fixed quickly. we are very happy with the service

James Anderson

James AndersonSydney, NSW

Fast delivery of new service

New NBN Service was up and running within 6 days of ordering with constant updates via email and sms on status of delivery and has been working without a hitch since.

Ingrid

IngridDarwin

Great customer service

I had to get a new router connected (previously had someone do it for me) and couldn't work it out with the login details I got. I called tech support after work and they walked me through it step by step. We changed a couple of digits and settings and off it went.
I only have a few things connected at the moment so I'll see how I go with streaming things like Netflix with the Good mates plan. Previously I had the Great mates which worked a charm with several devices streaming at once.

Deborah

DeborahMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Customer Service

As a person living alone with disabilities when it came time to connect to the NBN I needed to make sure I kept my landline with its original number and that any incoming phone calls would be forwarded onto my mobile that I carry with me 24/7. So, through March, April and May I was reassured by the ever PATIENT Mate's Support Team members, who I would like to name here Steven x2, Adrian x2, Daniel, David, Kevin, Tony and Sam, that my requirements were possible and would be carried out. And now all steps have been faultlessly completed I need to send my sincere THANKS and praise 'Mate' as an organisation and its training of its Support Team members as being first class!

Lee