Mate, you are offering Excellent Services

I did not experience any breakdown. When there was a repair slowdown, polite and apologetic messages were send in advance. I did not have any contact with the Customer Services, because there was no problems needed to contact them. I am leaving Australia for a long time, but I am sure, when come back, I'll join Mate again.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Ali, Thanks for taking the time to leave us with this review! Glad to hear your service has been working well! Regards, The MATE team

Awesome

Been with mate for a few years now and three house moves. Awesome people and fantastic service. Changed from fibre to the node to fixed wireless and back again and easy as, helped me reconfigure modem over the phone in ten minutes. Nice to talk to real people. No need to look anywhere else, happy as.
Doccol.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Doccol, Many thanks for your fantastic review! Very glad to hear you MATE experience has been positive. Regards, The MATE teamThanks Mate

FTTN Speed OK

We went from fibre to the premises to fibre to the node with Mates. It's slower but still very good. Any problems such as relocating have been dealt with professionally. We have never experienced any dropouts but have seen notifications from Mates concerning such.

Start DateJuly 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi davrown, Thanks for sharing your experience, we appreciate your feedback. Glad to hear the service at your new address is working well. Regards, The MATE team

I am not a great user of internet but the 25mbps + unlimited data is perfect for my needs

I have only had plan for 6 weeks but suffered no problems at all. So only speak positive regarding service. Needed to call customer service on few occasions to clarify plan etc. & consultants have been very helpful & efficient.

Start DateJune 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Colin, Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience! Thanks for being our mate! Regards, The MATE team

This service is great, never had an issue

Connection is reliable, only had a couple of drop outs in 12 months. Fast speeds, no issues, transfer of service to our new address was made very simple, customer service was impeccable.

Start DateJuly 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tara, Thanks for the review! We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience. Regards, The MATE team

Theyre Honestly Amazing!

Mate are the only company that actually found my NBN connection. Literally every other provider could not find my property listing on the NBN database. They are compassionate to an individuals circumstance and try their best to work with you. Would highly recommend their services.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Jai, Very glad to hear we managed to find your address! Sometimes these can be very tricky! Thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Regards, The MATE team

Perfect entertainment

connection has been good exepect when they they been working on nbn tower. we have had a couple of times where the movie or show has dropped out saying mate is having difficulty showing it at present and try again later.

Connection TypeWireless
Hi Jill I, Thank you for taking your time leaving us a review. If you continue to experience any further issues streaming during the evenings, please don't hesitate to contact our support team on 13 14 13 and press "2" for support for troubleshooting. Regards, The MATE team

Best value for money around

The combined package of unlimited data, month by month subscription, dollar per speed, and quality of customer service is the best I could fin. I thought the 25mbps would be fast enough for my youtubing and netflix, but even the YouTube buffers more than I'd like. So I'm not 100% confident in these guys but so far so good.

Start DateJune 2019
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Peter, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! If your YouTube and Netflix are buffering there may be an issue with the service. It would be best to contact our support team so they can troubleshoot and try and resolve any issues. Regards, The MATE team

Great Service

I've been using Mate since my dad recommended them to me when I moved out of the family home. 18 months later and the service is still fantastic. On the rare occasion that I've encountered difficulty, I always get a speedy response from someone who appears to be genuinely happy to help and not jaded from years of working in customer service (like me). I recommend them highly to anyone who asks and couldn't be happier with the service.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Holly M, Thanks for your review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience! Regards, The MATE team

Mate NBN beats optus hands down

Started on a 12mb connection. It was so easy to get connected. Mates had the job done in 1 day when optus had taken weeks until I gave up. Second month I wanted to go up to 25mb connection and mate explained that well. When I stuffed up the dates mate helped me fix that too (even though it was 100% my stuff up). Couldnt be happier with their customer service and ease of getting connected.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Jay, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear we have provided you with great service, that's what we strive for! Regards, The MATE team.

Smooth Transition

We moved from ADSL with another provider to NBN with Mate Communicate and have had no issues. The connection is great and we have not had any dropouts. The customer service provided by Mate Communicate is nothing short of excellent and the staff are polite and friendly and always helpful. I highly recommend Mate Communicate services; they are really such a refreshing change from those other providers.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Happy Consumer, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review, we really appreciate it! Glad to hear we have provided you with great service, that's what we strive for! Regards, The MATE team

Fantastic customer service. Reliable speeds.

Fantastic service - the customer service team are awesome. We've been with Mate for a few years now and have had exceptional customer service, great speeds, reliable connection and I think we've had about 3 dropouts during this time, but Mate have always sent us a text message advising us of the problem which is quickly rectified. So glad we came across from the big telcos to this great Aussie company. Much better service and a personal approach.

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi CyndiDeRossi, Thanks for the fantastic review! Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience! Regards, The MATE team

Good value

Good value for money
Very friendly service when I called up about a question about setting up my account and moving into a new house, he did it with me over the phone and was very polite and professional

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Phill, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review! Glad to hear the team were professional. Regards, The MATE team

You get what you pay for

Price is fair.
Connection terrible at peak times, several nights a week unusable.
Have received 4 text over last 7 days advising of outages... which in turn means out Voip phones and eftpos dont work.

If you run a small business, have a backup plan.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Mavis, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. We can confirm this is a residential grade service, if you are running a business we would always recommend a backup or alternate service. If the connection is having issues at peak times then there is obviously a fault that will need to be resolved - have you contacted our support team regarding this? Regards, The MATE teamReceived a call from a manager this morning, not entirely sure why. Advised me the connection had been fixed at midnight but our service was still out when I woke up. Received text at 8.16am advising back online. Manager advised its residental lines and I should have back up service. Other than that, no new information given so unsure of the reason for the call.Hi Mavis, The call was to explain there has been some issues in the past week or so with services in your area, but this should now be resolved. If your connection is terrible at peak times, and for several nights a week is unusable, please reply to the email sent to you this morning so we can obtain some data and raise this issue with our network provider. Regards, The MATE team

Great Local Company With Excellent Service

Wonderful efficient service from a great local company. We have been with Mate for almost a year, starting on ADSL and now on NBN - throughout the process they have provided us with superb service and support and just been an easy company to deal with which is difficult to find nowadays. Will continue to recommend Mate!

Start DateNovember 2018
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Ross, Wow, what can we say! Glad to hear we have provided you with a good experience! Regards, The MATE team

Excellent at first, now constant disconnections.

Good customer support however, plans seem to be somewhat pricey for what's out there now with other providers. Connection was dropping but they got NBNCo to fix it for me with just a phone call which was fairly awesome. Unlike previous ISP they looked everything up on the spot and were able to diagnose what was happening and arrange a fix within 48 hours. Might swap ISP's due to price but honestly the best customer service I've had in many years from an ISP.

Start DateNovember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Jon, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. We are very glad to hear we could resolve your dropout issues. Regards, The MATE team

Perfect service!

I had adsl with Mate for two years, and have this week switched over to NBN. Any issues I have, they're very easy to contact via phone or email. Connection is perfect. They often reply to my emails in minutes. Over the phone they are patient, friendly and easy to understand. Couldn't ask for more.

Start DateMarch 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Damien, Many thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear we have provided you with a great experience! Regards, The MATE team

Fantastic customer service

I have always had great customer service from MATE! But recently I had some issues connecting my new NBN service (from MATE DSL). Daniel went above and beyond to try everything possible and managed to get the service connected. He was not happy until he had exhausted all options and wasn't trying to just fob me off to a fault with NBN etc. (like other major providers have done to me in the past). He was very patient and after over 30 mins he had sorted out the issues. Now we have a great new NBN service with much better speed! Thanks again MATE! keep up the great work.

Start DateAugust 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi mnem, Many thanks for your kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this review. We will also pass your feedback onto Daniel. Regards, The MATE team

Good customer service

I have been experiencing regular dropouts with my NBN service for at least 12 months - one or two dropouts every couple of days with re-booting the modem getting me back online. Recently the dropouts have been occurring daily, sometimes 10 times or more. This is making my NBN service almost unusable. Time to ring my ISP Mate. I was put through straight away to Technical Assistance and spoke to Sam who provided me with excellent assistance. He helped me update my modem's firmware from version 13 to version 20 ( yesterday ) and so far I've had no more dropouts. He also logged my my fault with NBN & I have since received an SMS that an NBN technician has been booked to make a house call to check out my service next Monday morning. Sam was very patient, friendly, chatty and helpful throughout our conversation - a very positive experience. Thank you Sam and Mate Communicate.

Start DateJuly 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Virgure, Many thanks for your kind words and feedback! We will pass your review onto Sam and thank you again for taking the time to compliment us! Enjoy the service! Regards, The MATE team

Customer service equal voicemail

I have been using mate connection since 8 odd months initially with ADSL and then NBN. For months I initially endured their slow ADSL connection speed and once NBN connection was available at my premises I opted for a good speed NBN connection. The speed is ok however am not getting the 25 Mbps as per the speed an paying for but getting around 14-15 Mbps. The NBN connection is now down for couple of days and their customer care is operating only till 7pm during weekdays - hence hope for your net outage at least before 7pm if you wish to talk to someone. The other issue is that the customer service very rarely answers your calls but ask you to leave voicemail as they are busy on other calls and then they call back. Hence more often than not you need to be available to answer their call if you need any support rather than they being available to support us during our time of need.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Sane, Sorry to hear this. Can you please advise your MATE Code/account number so we can look into this issue ASAP? Regards, The MATE teamAccount number is 626212Hi Sane, Thanks for confirming. From our records, we can see that you called us twice, however, you did not leave a voicemail for our support team to call you back. If you call and do not get through immediately, you need to leave a clear message with your name, contact number and account number so our team can call you back ASAP. We answer over 70% of calls on the first attempt, we can't answer every single call during busy periods however we will ALWAYS call back provided you leave a message. In regards to your issue, we can see that we have logged a fault for your nbn service and you have been issued with a technician appointment to resolve the issue. Regards, The MATE team