Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)

Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)

Aykut K.

Aykut K.South East Queensland, QLD

In Terms Of Customer Service Quality and Speed

I am a local small business in Brisbane, I asked Mate to help with my internet connection to move new location, they were so helpful from the beginning till the end, so quick turn around problem solving, my internet moved to new location less than 24 hours,

Customer Service and Support You guys rock n roll, keep up good work.

Highly recommend Mate Internet as a Local Small Business in Brisbane.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Vanessa S.MATE Communicate

Great service, great internet!

The product is one thing, which is without fault the best internet Ive had in my rental properties. But the service is always 100%. Shout out to Mark! Highly recommend!

Start DateJanuary 2018
Jess W

Jess WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient & Great Communication!!

I just moved into my new place and initially went with another internet provider. I waited weeks for a follow up from them and hours on the phone waiting. I contacted Mate a week ago and I have already received my NBN and connection. I am very impressed with their efficiency and communication through the process!

Start DateOctober 2019
BILLK460

BILLK460Sydney, NSW

Thanks again Mate

I have been using Mate Internet for around 2 years now (50 Mbps FTTN no contract Plan) and very happy with the service and Internet provided.

On the two times when I have had to contact support, I have found them excellent to deal with.

The first time was when my area lost nbn for 30 minutes (beyond their control) they kept me up to date by text messages.

The second time (this week) they helped me with providing the settings I needed to enter into my byo modem router I bought to replace the 2 year old one which started playing up. They gave me clear concise instructions.

I have no regrets utilising their services. It is refreshing dealing people in an Australian call centre.

Start DateJuly 2017

Ben White

Ben WhitePerth, WA

Aussie staff

No major issues with Mate - they handled an NBN issue out for us and it is just so good to talk to an Aussie instead of a foreign call centre!

Start DateJune 2019

Dilpreet

DilpreetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very Good

Been with them for close to two years now, earlier ADSL and then NBN. Was offered a good NBN ready modem which was worth the money. Only had issue once for which MATE said they can raise a chargeable service request which will be refunded if the fault is with Telstra. I called Telstra myself who advised there is an outage in my area. I expected MATE to check that at first instance and let me know. Barring this isolated incident, dealing has been good. Upgrade to NBN was smooth. No issues with billing

Start DateDecember 2017
Vanessa S.MATE Communicate

Great customer service. Speeds excellent. Just what you want from a provider. Good work Mates!

Totally reliable. Great speeds. Exactly as promised. Fair prices. Totally happy with the whole set up really. 100x better than previous provider. Cant recommend them enough, will stick with them for seeable future.

Start DateApril 2018

Hock Tan

Hock TanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best decision ever!

From the moment when I signed up for my NBN albeit a bit apprehensive whether I made the right decision with MATE , I was very impressed with the excellent customer service all the way up till installation which only took less than 2 weeks ! It’s good to know that I am talking to a local Aussie instead of someone in an overseas call centre! They delivered what they promised as I got over 40mbps constantly throughout the day.

Dom H

Dom HNew South Wales, 2322

Amazeballs

This is the third internet company I have had in the passed almost 2 years. The other two companies I was ringing every single day because my internet kept dropping out and they would blame it on NBN. I have had mate for about 3 or 4 months now and have not had to ring them once. I have never had a service drop out ever. Mate is awesome and I highly recommend them to everyone. I'm pretty sure if it was my NBN like MyRepublic and Kogan said I definitely would have issues with Mate but no nothing. A+++ on service and customer service.

Start DateJune 2019

Ty Sao

Ty SaoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent customer service. Fttn speeds 46mbps Max on 50mbps plan.

Connection So far so good, with no issues. Company has been very friendly, calling me and asking if I needed any help setting up. Changing over was fast and easy only took 2hrs.

Jaws

Jaws

Mate's make it easy

I have used Mates Communicate to connect NBN to two houses. Both times the process was easy and I felt Mates were just a call away if I had any questions. When I called I loved not going through the 3rd degree to identify myself and not being passed around to get support - the person that answered the phone new me and new what was required. Service is reliable , no drop outs. Speed seems ok (I previously had cable broadband ) and I know I can upgrade easily if required.

Start DateAugust 2019

It's the NBN stupid!

Mate continue to outperform our previous internet provider (iiNet) by the proverbial country mile.
Excellent assistance when setting up an account, awesome tech back-up if there's an issue, great at replying when they say they will & you get to speak to a real person ACTUALLY in Aus!.
So why 4 stars? Mate, like all NBN providers have to deal with NBN who are beyond unhelpful yet mate are the ones who incur the customers wrath. That a service will consistently deliver >10% below the stated plan speed & be deemed 'acceptable' when speed tests indicate that the line is capable of delivering the contracted plan is not on. Ned Kelly in action.
And the AEST opening times suck. Still.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Adequate Speeds No

Colin Taylor

Colin TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Haven't had any problems with the service or customer service

No Problems with the service, Customer service all too happy to help. Telstra didn't want to negotiate on a termination bill and won't talk to me, Mate never hesitated to pick me up as a customer

Review collected in partnership with MATE Communicate

I was highly impressed with MAte as they had me up and running in under 24 hours, I have never had an ISP deliver this quickly. The speed is consistent and I have had no drop outs in the month so far that I have been with them. Their prices are among the most competitive in Australia.

I would completely recommend them!

Bukarolz C.

Bukarolz C.South East Queensland, QLD

Improved

At the inception of the NBN services, it was a matter of struggles due to poor signals and incessant outages of network. Over the months, there has been an improved services both by the helpdesk and the technical team.
It is all about prompt and quality.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Leanne

LeanneCentral Queensland, QLD

Best customer service ever!!!

I switched from Telstra to Mate a couple of months ago due to lack of customer support and slow internet. When I switched over, the speed didn't really improve and I was still having issues however today I called tech support (Sam) and they have improved my speed to what it should be in my area. I am beyond impressed with the customer service from this company. Telstra told me there was nothing they could do, well apparently there is. I will be with MATE forever... I got to speak to an Aussie that I could understand, pay less per month and 3x the speed WIN WIN WIN!!!

Start DateAugust 2019

Great customer service!

Switched over to NBN from ADSL a week ago, had a couple technical issues but nothing on Mate's end. They were able to assist me through and help me set everything up. Customer service is top notch.

Used to be with TPG and can honestly say it's night and day. Will never go back to another low budget ISP. You really get what you pay for in terms of customer service. Happy to see that these guys don't outsource to other countries which is the main reason I've stuck with them

Start DateMarch 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

MoP

MoPEyre Peninsula, SA

Been with them for two years and still rave about their product! and service.

Was with another provider and with fiber to the home was getting speeds slower than my ADSL connection it replaced. Complained over a two and a half year period and was given numerous conflicting explanations. Boiled down to their wholesaler. Decided to try Mate as an experiment. Never looked back. Finally I was getting what I was paying for. Great speed and great service. Don't go past this Company! No lock in contract, what do you have to loose? Go for it!

Start DateFebruary 2017

Dan B.

Dan B.Illawarra, NSW

Great internet provider

Haven't had any problems with internet provided by Mate at two different residences (one ADSL, one NBN). Customer service is really good as well, always get through straight away. I've also got a 10GB phone plan with them and haven't had any issues.

Great provider all round, definitely recommend!

Start DateFebruary 2018

Daudrey

Daudrey

Fantastic support team!

We chose Mate based on the excellent reviews. Bought a router yesterday, had a bit of trouble to connect it, called a Mate, Michael M. helped me to set up everything and now I am connected! I am really happy with the customer service, connection was done on the same day, and equally happy with the support team. I would definitely recommend!

DebW

DebWasked

I will be moving into a brand new building with no ADSL or NBN available. I would like to know about a wireless connection - am looking at the best mates fixed wireless? what does this mean? I have a modem, was presuming that all I would need is a sim card?

Hi DebW,

We can confirm Fixed Wireless is a type of nbn service, however, we don't offer wireless broadband.

Please contact us on 13 14 13 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can perform a service qualification check and advise.

The MATE team

bobbysdadasked

At 7pm on the eve of me changing over to MATE, I thought I'd give MATE a call to see if there was anything I should know prior to my changeover. Well, the person I spoke to was annoying. He insisted on speaking over me all the time, and kept reciting over and over that because I was changing over on the 24th, [which is TODAY] there was nothing he would add. All I wanted to know was how will I be notified of my new log in and password and how long would I be without a connection, as it has been mentioned to me that sometimes it could be done within an hour. He almost accused me of lying, and that it could take up to three business days, and that he would review the tapes. He kept talking to me like I was some idiot. I was not amused, and almost threw in the towel there and then. His arrogance was astounding. You could do better hiring more pleasant people to handle your calls. I hope this wasn't a sign of things to come? Have I made a dreadful mistake, as I see others have had a difficult time with your service. Should I have gone to someone else? [639347]

Phil
Phil

Hey buddy, that sucks, the people I have spoken to have always been great. I can suggest emailing them, they answer really quick and there shouldn’t be communication errors that way.

bobbysdad

Thanks Phil. I was hoping one of their reps [eg Vanessa S] might be more helpful via here....

Hi bobbysdad,

We are sorry to hear this. We will have our internal management team review this call as we pride ourselves on our service.

The MATE team

Rod

Rodasked

Do you allow incoming connections (for web server, ftp etc.)?

Hi Rod,

We can confirm we do not block any services.

To check availability and advise what we can offer you, we will require your full address.

Please contact us on 1300 876 283 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can check and advise.

MATE team