MATE

1,283

Hock Tan

Hock TanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best decision ever!

From the moment when I signed up for my NBN albeit a bit apprehensive whether I made the right decision with MATE , I was very impressed with the excellent customer service all the way up till installation which only took less than 2 weeks ! It’s good to know that I am talking to a local Aussie instead of someone in an overseas call centre! They delivered what they promised as I got over 40mbps constantly throughout the day.

Dom H

Dom HNew South Wales, 2322

Amazeballs

This is the third internet company I have had in the passed almost 2 years. The other two companies I was ringing every single day because my internet kept dropping out and they would blame it on NBN. I have had mate for about 3 or 4 months now and have not had to ring them once. I have never had a service drop out ever. Mate is awesome and I highly recommend them to everyone. I'm pretty sure if it was my NBN like MyRepublic and Kogan said I definitely would have issues with Mate but no nothing. A+++ on service and customer service.

Start DateJune 2019

Ozwelder

OzwelderCentral Queensland, QLD

Outstanding service and great to deal with.

Start DateMay 2017
Rams

RamsSouth East Queensland, QLD

This company has been great from the time I first chose them. Competitive prices, helpful and responsive staff. Very easy to communicate with and even negotiate with. I had some issues during installation due to the NBN contractors, which was unrelated and Mate were more than happy to give me a free month whilst waiting. Great choice of provider in my opinion.

Start DateJanuary 2018

Ty Sao

Ty SaoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent customer service. Fttn speeds 46mbps Max on 50mbps plan.

Connection So far so good, with no issues. Company has been very friendly, calling me and asking if I needed any help setting up. Changing over was fast and easy only took 2hrs.

Jaws

Jaws

Mate's make it easy

I have used Mates Communicate to connect NBN to two houses. Both times the process was easy and I felt Mates were just a call away if I had any questions. When I called I loved not going through the 3rd degree to identify myself and not being passed around to get support - the person that answered the phone new me and new what was required. Service is reliable , no drop outs. Speed seems ok (I previously had cable broadband ) and I know I can upgrade easily if required.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

It's the NBN stupid!

Mate continue to outperform our previous internet provider (iiNet) by the proverbial country mile.
Excellent assistance when setting up an account, awesome tech back-up if there's an issue, great at replying when they say they will & you get to speak to a real person ACTUALLY in Aus!.
So why 4 stars? Mate, like all NBN providers have to deal with NBN who are beyond unhelpful yet mate are the ones who incur the customers wrath. That a service will consistently deliver >10% below the stated plan speed & be deemed 'acceptable' when speed tests indicate that the line is capable of delivering the contracted plan is not on. Ned Kelly in action.
And the AEST opening times suck. Still.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Md Saquibur Rahman

Md Saquibur RahmanNorthern Region, NSW

Happy be a Mate

No dropout experience ever. Till now connection was reliable and did not face any trouble or issues about internet connection. Happy with be mate and hope this journey will continue.

Start DateApril 2019

Peter Pretty

Peter PrettySouth East Queensland, QLD

Working well but speed disappointing.

Connection is good but speed delivered is just over half [ie. mid 50's and not the 100 agreed]. I understand that the locality performance is not good but NBN speed should be more reliable.

Start DateApril 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

Colin Taylor

Colin TaylorMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Haven't had any problems with the service or customer service

No Problems with the service, Customer service all too happy to help. Telstra didn't want to negotiate on a termination bill and won't talk to me, Mate never hesitated to pick me up as a customer

Review collected in partnership with MATE Communicate

I was highly impressed with MAte as they had me up and running in under 24 hours, I have never had an ISP deliver this quickly. The speed is consistent and I have had no drop outs in the month so far that I have been with them. Their prices are among the most competitive in Australia.

I would completely recommend them!

Bukarolz C.

Bukarolz C.South East Queensland, QLD

Improved

At the inception of the NBN services, it was a matter of struggles due to poor signals and incessant outages of network. Over the months, there has been an improved services both by the helpdesk and the technical team.
It is all about prompt and quality.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Hoy

HoyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is the the best internet provider I have talked to.

The speed is good but not what promised, customer support is good but can't really help you other that telling you to turn modem off and on again and then inform you that they will refer issue to NBN and it should be dealt with within 48 Hours. I do not feel this is real customer service.
But again all said Mate is better than others I have been involved with (Best out of a bad bunch!)

Contract Type12-month contract

Awesome

All in all a great service, With a few random dropouts from time to time but no major issues experienced. The transition went without a hitch and would recommend Mate to all

Start DateOctober 2018

Bronwyn Jones

Bronwyn JonesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Aussie company

I chose to go with mate after I had been given the run around by other telcos. They were awesome. Everything was so easy with the team from mate. They have the best products and are easy to work with.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Peter Cooper

Peter CooperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its great 95% of the time

Yes i get dropouts but generally not for long and most happen after the support team have finished so its never reported it was only ever out for a long time once and i was sent a text message informing me that it was trying to be rectified.

Start DateFebruary 2019

Reliable and Fast

Had ADSL+ 2 that would consistently drop out and with 4 people in the house always streaming the internet was shocking. Since we changed to the NBN 100 we haven't had any issues, speed has always been as good as advertised.

PrivateName

PrivateName

No thank you

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Leanne

LeanneCentral Queensland, QLD

Best customer service ever!!!

I switched from Telstra to Mate a couple of months ago due to lack of customer support and slow internet. When I switched over, the speed didn't really improve and I was still having issues however today I called tech support (Sam) and they have improved my speed to what it should be in my area. I am beyond impressed with the customer service from this company. Telstra told me there was nothing they could do, well apparently there is. I will be with MATE forever... I got to speak to an Aussie that I could understand, pay less per month and 3x the speed WIN WIN WIN!!!

Great customer service!

Switched over to NBN from ADSL a week ago, had a couple technical issues but nothing on Mate's end. They were able to assist me through and help me set everything up. Customer service is top notch.

Used to be with TPG and can honestly say it's night and day. Will never go back to another low budget ISP. You really get what you pay for in terms of customer service. Happy to see that these guys don't outsource to other countries which is the main reason I've stuck with them

Start DateMarch 2017

murrellanthony797

murrellanthony797asked

Does it cost money to reconnect when you move house?

Hi murrellanthony797,

If you are moving address, we need to close your current account and re-open a new one at your new address.

We will need to process the first months payment in advance. However, based on your address we will need to check and advise if any connection fees are applicable before we process the order.

Please contact us on 13 14 13 and press "1" for sales, or email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can perform a service qualification check and advise.

Regards,

The MATE team.

DebW

DebWasked

NBN 50 (Best Mates)

I will be moving into a brand new building with no ADSL or NBN available. I would like to know about a wireless connection - am looking at the best mates fixed wireless? what does this mean? I have a modem, was presuming that all I would need is a sim card?

Hi DebW,

We can confirm Fixed Wireless is a type of nbn service, however, we don't offer wireless broadband.

Regards,

The MATE team

Mathew S

Mathew Sasked

I have a Telstra air gateway modem, will it work with MATE?

Hi Mathew,

Your current modem may work with our service, provided it is not locked to Telstra.

The only way to determine if it is locked is to try and configure it with our service. If the modem is locked, you will need to use an alternative modem.

Get an answer from our members and MATE Communicate representatives

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Mate NBN 12 (Good Mates)

Mate NBN 25 (Great Mates)

Mate NBN 25 (Great Mates)

Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)

Mate NBN 50 (Best Mates)

Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Mate NBN 100 (Soul Mates)

Mate ADSL

Mate ADSL

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $59.00$69.00$75.00$99.00
Service TypeFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNFixed Wireless and NBNADSL
ContractMonthlyMonthlyMonthlyMonthly