Maton BB1200 / BB1200 DLX / BB1200 JH

Maton BB1200 / BB1200 DLX / BB1200 JH

BB1200, BB1200 DLX and BB1200 JH

Amazing all rounder

I’ve been playing for 30+ years and this is the nicest all round guitar I’ve EVER played, beats all the famous branded USA made guitars I have had (and in some cases still have). Great set up out of the box, beautiful action, split coils open up a huge range of sounds from twangy to dirty metal. The case is next level, leaves every other factory supplied case for dead. On the downside I struggled to fall in love with the factory strings, found them a little hard to bend but they did have a really nice feel under my fingers. As mentioned by someone else the pick up selector is the reverse of what is considered ‘normal’ but it’s easy enough to live with. Since buying this beauty around 6 months ago my other guitars have not left their cases.

BB1200 JH top shelf sound

I'm a lounge room player who was looking for a better sound. After 40 years plus I'd decided to reward myself with a Maton BB1200JH & a VOX AC30 combo. I'm an average (at best) player but the Maton is such a beautiful instrument that it just makes brings the best out of you. I love the tone & flexibility that it offers. All kinds of sounds are at your finger tips from a Telecaster to a Les Paul, the Maton covers a wide range of sounds.
The amazing sounds, comfortable feel, understated (mat finish).
The switch from front pick-up to rear pick-up is back to front & can confuse. Easily rewired but I wonder why it's this way.