MAX Solutions

MAX Solutions Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for MAX Solutions? Claim your listing.
michael b.

I have cervical stenosis and nerve damage my doctor said i cannot work again but my employment agent at max solutions said i have to look for work i cannot get a medical certificate as i am refused a appointment with my usual doctor and i have been rejected disability pension what can i do?

Business Money Grab

I am assuming you had a ESAT appointment with Centrelink and have not met the criteria to receive the disability pension so you have been referred to a DES provider? If so once you have been referred to a provider their sole purpose is to get you a job No matter your medical condition. I suggest getting a medical form from Centrelink or your Provider and returning to your Doctor or finding another Doctor to fill it out and return it to Centrelink. Most likely you will be rejected for the disability pension again so just tick the boxes with your provider, go to your appointments, do your job searches.

michael b.

I go to max solutions at woodville park south australia and would like to know how many appointments i am required to attend as i heard it is once
a month not a week or fortnight.

Business Money Grab

I have changed providers and left Max after I was told if you don’t answer to me I can suspend your payments and so I joined MatchWorks. Same type of Business just a different name.
1 appointment every fortnight for 30 minutes but there for 10 minutes to basically make another appointment for the following fortnight.

Amy
Amy

Do max employment help pay for hair cut if I have found a job

Simmie
Simmie

I'd be shocked if they paid for hair or grooming of any kind besides suitable work clothing. I've found work outfits for office via Dressed For Success programmes including shoes, handbag etc. Max help pay for courses and reimbursed some items much later.

Konrad W.
Konrad W.

They won't pay for a haircut or anything else that you need to get a job their 1 star rating says it all

Hilarious question.

Rachael
Rachael

Is there anyone yet who can tell me what max actually does because it seems I’ve to do everything myself and be penalised at their whim, kid sick they say get a sitter, I’m sick not their problem, school holidays I can’t work due to my kid’s disability which makes me lazy, harun forgers everything we talk about advised I learn Arabic or get married, complete gronk

Like you care
Like you care

These "people" should be ashamed of themselves. They cancelled my payment without even making me aware I had an appointment, when I tried to get an appointment to get it back they said they'd call me to see if they can offer telephone appointments *even though they are required by law to do so* and to top it off they never called me back, leaving me to go hungry. Dylan from the Manjimup office is an especially evil piece of work. I'll be making a formal complaint with the JSP watchdog and I suggest you all do the same. This "provider" is an abusive, money hungry, cold, callous and cruel disgrace.

daren
daren

You have rights Max do not see it that way they need to be shut down. contact Unemployed workers union & lodge a complaint or download the your rights guide from their web site. Everything you need to know & what you can do is listed in the guide

Mel27

Contact your local member of parliament or minister, you do have rights and these people with look into your case and ensure that these people are doing their jobs.

Aaron

Yep. I would contact Amanda Rishworth, MP for Social Services, if you really want to be heard.

Sad
Sad

Hi, Max has helped me with a job, are they at all entitled to take money from me for getting me the job.

Emma De'Carli
Emma De'Carli

More than likely

danny

No the Government pays them if they ask you for money report them

andreq

I'm surprised they actually helped you find a job, they usually just sit around tell their clients to look on seek, and then leech funds from the tax payer claiming they assisted them secure the job.

Jason S.
Jason S.

U find job, legally, all u give them is the amount of hours u worked, nothing else, I get messages, provide recent payslip n we mark u attended of appointment, otherwise if u don’t provide payslip we call u on appointment date, legally the only people u provide a payslip for is Centrelink non other.

Ian

Were you ever mislead by Max as to their responsibilities to the client under government legislation?

Yes Always

They do it everyone

Mel27

I'm still waiting to hear if they can help my son with employment programs. We have only been waiting since April last year (obviuosly we have gone with another provider now)

Ian

How long were you with Max Employment before they connected you with an employer, or found you on the job experience?

micheal

Max has no interest in finding anyone a job they dont connect anyone with employers They would rather keep as many job seekers on their books as they can. to keep getting the commissions. I found my own job & max wanted to take the credit for it so they could get the commission

danny

max wont connect jobseekers with employers. They dont make as much money out of it they would rather keep as many jobseekers on their books as they can & claim their commission every month from appointments & other stupid activities

andreq

@danny this is called parking, Max and other private contractors for the federal government do this, they stack their clients, take funding for attendance, and both accredited and unaccredited training, then have them re-assessed often as the funding goes up the higher they are classified as needing assistance. This is particularly bad for people on DSP as instead of joining the workforce they get taken advantage of until Max can't get any more funding, then they are exited from the system completely.

Ian

Are you being made to do work for the dole by Max that doesn't give you skills that will lead to employment?

Bianca B.
Bianca B.

I was made to complete work for the dole at a junior football club who were renovating their premises. Funnily enough the son of my job search provider played for one of the teams. The work was menial, meaningless and completely irrelevant,the husband and wife running the show were rude and incompetent and there were participants shooting up drugs and getting into fist fights on the premises. It was a complete scam and a dangerous environment for a 45 year old woman to be forced into. Not to mention that it cost me ten dollars a day to get to via public transport. 4 days a week.

Ian

How old is the computing equipment that Max employment has for their customers? does it work? are the systems kept clean, sanitary and functional?

andreq

The stuff they had was ancient, and definitely not hygienic, I literally had to go and ask the receptionist if I could be allowed internet access to find a job. she was arrogant, very rude.

Ian

Do you get unsolicited SMS messages asking you to tell them if you have found a job outside of their services?

andreq

Yes, I got these all the time, I would even get them when I found the job myself, and they hounded me for pay slips, they are a terrible private contractor for the job active network.

wayne
wayne

I have secured a position as a truck driver.. but need to obtain some tickets..ie medical.. onlone driver fituge,, police clerancr.. I was told that I would have to wait a week..for aproval.. how long does an employee have to hold a job open..is there no way to speed up the process

pete smith

max are useless they only care about how much profit they can make, no interest in helping unemployed people. they dont like spending money, they should be shut down

Deedee
Deedee

We write this to let your know about the problem of the staff in this agent, as an employment services agent, the aim is helping people look for a suitable job in order to reduce the financial pressure for the government. We find that this gentleman, Toby didn’t do anything to understand their clients background in order to help them look for a job. The only thing he do is push, push and push during every meeting. He will challenge that the job you applied was not suitable and order you to re-apply again but never give any suggestion or give hand on such matter. All he want is just to get pay and to maintain the 5 star rating.

we are over sixty years old Chinese and not good in English. We feel that Toby is not friendly and helpful at all. He’s so rude and just want to complete your file in order to achieve a good rating for his office.

transfer to another provider takes 5 minutes over the phone

andreq

They make more money from the federal government keeping you on their books.

aandvlaw

I am 65yrs & 7 months old Female, I work 19.4 paid hours a fortnight & receive a Centrelink top up. I am also with Max Employment & they demand I seek 10 jobs per month. I have medical issues which limits my activity. Is this an unreasonable expectation, as well Max has made demands to view my pay slips, is this Legal or a breach of privacy.

micheal

they dont care about Medical issues they only care about profit Max only wants your pay slips so they can keep going to the Government every month and saying we got this person this job and we are supporting them so they can keep paid for putting you into a job. Even though they never got you the job in the ist place. Its a rort Max has been getting away with it for yrs, problem is they have you over a barrel if you dont give them your pay slips they cut off your payments but legally you dont have to give them them. As for the 10 jobs a month that is excessive and Max knows that, Again they only do it for $$$$ Max is profit driven. Iam 66 i was with them and they did the exact same thing to me. I transferred and now better off. The Government shut Max down 4 yrs ago for the exact same thing Then all of a sudden Max got the contract back... Word is if Labour wins the next election they are scrapping job active so Max and every other job active agency will be closed.

alan

Max Employment up to their old tricks again, Just transfer to another provider it is easy to do just call 1800 805 260 and request a transfer, or you can do it on line thru job active calling them is quicker it takes less than 10 mins Max will try to stop you but they cant. Be careful of who you transfer to some of them are the same as Max.. Dont go with Sureway they are Max under another name & just as bad. Wise employment or CVGT are about the best if you have them in your area

wingnut
wingnut

TRANSFER!

danny

yeah just transfer to another provider

Thank you all.

Human Being
Human Being

I have literally just got off the phone to a Centrelink DSP staff member . He was extremely helpful, polite & caring . After explaining I was upset about constant contact from Max Employment Services he mentioned that " It's against the Law for Max or any other employment agency to contact me -
A. prior to my DSP decision and
B. If I have a medical exemption in place" , which I do .
I'll be seeking legal advice if Max continue to contact me .

The Laurz

As the sole primary carer w/ dependants I found my own job, employed as a casual, working 30 hours per fortnight.
Q. Does this qualify me to not need max employment's so called assistance and finally kick em to the curb?
Centrelink view a casual worker as being unemployed required to provide f/nightly income reports.
Do I just need to change my position from casual to Perm./partime
Anyone know?

micheal

depending on your age if you are over 60 you can work 30 hrs Per fortnight & you have no further obligations except reporting to centrelink every 3 months under 60 you need to work 30hrs Per Week Minimum & report to center link each month instead of your job active provider less than 30hrs per week you still need to attend provider appointments & all other mutual obligations,

Thankyou

Ant

Max Employment Cleveland insist that I do job search twice a week even during this pandemic. Can they really do this? I've been with them for 2 or 3 years now. They're idea of job search is me walking in sitting in the corner and playing with my phone for a hour and then leave. I have to this twice a week. Why can't I do this at home! They do absolutely nothing. I am not going to their germ filled office to get sick. I'm over 50 and get sinus infections a lot. If anyone is going to get this virus is me. I can't contact Centrelink as their site is down and once I get through their really long phone menu I get "Please call later". What do I do.

Aaron

Hi Ant. Sorry to hear this. I used to work for Max Employment. If I am honest this does sound like the sort of thing that staff would try to enforce. They can be needlessly strict with jobseekers. I have heard everything from the belligerence and idiocy you describe to flat out racism and other forms of prejudice directed at jobseekers by max staff. The culture there is quite horrendous. Have you tried contacting the Minister for Employment and the Minister for Human Services? I think they would assist you in these circumstances. Currently the Employment Minister is Michaelia Cash and her email is minister.cash@jobs.gov.au The Human Services Minister is Stuart Roberts and his email is Minister.Roberts@dpc.wa.gov.au I highly recommend telling them what is going on there at Cleveland. Max has a long history of atrocious behaviour but putting the health of jobseekers and the community at risk is unnacceptable.
All the Best,

Ant

Still can't contact Centrelink by phone or by app or website. Tried emailing Michaelia Cash, but I don't expect a reply straight away. This is the same woman who hinds behind a whiteboard and says $40 a day is plenty to live on.

ben dover

as of the 10th march The Government has suspended all Work for the dole, Job search, Appointments, & other activities indefinitely You shouldnt be doing anything. Max makes up their own rules as they go along. & they still had job seekers going in for job search, and Appointments 3 days ago. If you contact Centrelink they will tell you to contact The Department of employment who are in charge of the job active agencies. If you contact The Department Of employment They will tell you to transfer to another provider. If you are lucky to hear back from Michaelia Cash or her secretary you will be told to contact The Department of Employment. I complained about Max Employment To my local federal member who gave me Michaelia Cash contact details It took nearly 2 weeks to get a 5 word email from her office. Which said Contact the Department of Employment. i ended up transferring to another provider. Contact the Department of employment in Canberra & lodge a complaint they wont do much but the more people who complain the better it might push the Government into Ripping up Max contract or transfer to another provider.

Ant

The 10th?! They had me go in Monday this week. All they did was reschedule for next week as noone was there.
I got a reply from Cashes office - not the minister herself but I didn't really expect her to reply personally. Quick response though. Don't know how they got my phone number - I didn't put it in the email. I was just expecting an email response. Anyway she said all activities are off until the 31st and if I have any trouble with Max Employment to contact JobAccess on 1800 805 260.

Charmaine H.
Charmaine H.

I have been employed since september 2019. Recently ny case worker at max employment has been asking for my payslips. Do i need to hand these over to them?

wombat 377147

No you dont. They are privileged private documents to be shared with centrelink and the ATO

george

No you dont have to they only want them so they can go to Govt & get paid a commission for getting you a job. Even if got the job yourself without their help they still try to claim the commission Max will threaten to cut off your payment if you dont give them They cant do that if the do Contact centrelink Max will do anything to try to make money its all they are interested in

ben dover

NO you dont u just need to report your earnings the centrelink it has Nothing to do with Max they are notorious for it,They generally ask every 6 months. They will try & force you to hand them over to the point of bullying they only want them so they can defraud the Govt & keep getting a commission that they have already been paid for putting you into a job. Try to make themselves look & make it look like they are doing something. They shouldnt be allowed to get away with it. But they are. Because everybody who is with them is too scared to report them. Max was fined $50.000 by the Govt 5 yrs ago for the exact same thing I dont know how they even got the contract back. If they bully you complain to the Dept of employment in canberra they have a link on their web site where you can report & complain about job active providers. If that fails & they keep demanding them go to a current affair Max needs to be shut down American companies ripping off the Aust Govt.

andreq

No, if you have a job full time and you are off centrelink tell them to go jump, they ask this so they can collect stream funding for a job they didn't help find. Once you leave their services, they are as worthless as the day you stepped foot in the front door.

stephen barber

Does MAX Employment DES pay for electrical license renewal for securing employment?

wombat 377147

Max Employment dont like to pay for ANYTHING. If you want the best provider in the market right now, switch to JobProspects.

stephen barber

Thanks for letting me know about the funding question with Max Employment!
Enjoy your day!

wombat 377147

pleased to help. I switched from Max to Job Prospects at Gawler and they have been nothing short of Brilliant

Matthew B.
Matthew B.

Does max buy you work gear?

george

only if you have a job to go to that they found for you

simmo50
simmo50

This company has a global problem same cooments worlwide October 2019 For years Maximus in the UK denied claimants benefits or reduced their benefits if they did not take addictive opiate based pain killers. The Department of Work and Pensions revised its guidance stating, healthcare practitioners [disability benefits assessors] should be mindful that the level of analgesia used does not necessarily correlate with the level of pain.[90]

Michelle O.
Michelle O.

Hi I'm threw max employment and would like could they.help with for my gla

sammy
sammy

what is a gla???

Extra Information

Brand Manager for MAX Solutions? Claim your listing.