Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Isofix, Non Isofix

59 questions from our users

Skye M.

Skye M.asked

I am looking at purchasing a second hard Maxi Cosi mica AP I’m just wondering if you could tell me what has changed with the models between 2015 and 2019/2020.

Jodieasked

Hi is the maxi Cosi I purchased in 2008 compatible with the Panorama travel system pram? Also would the maxi Cosi have iso fox points ? Where would I look on the capsule/base to find out ? Thanks !

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jodie
It is the stroller company that will be able to advise if the capsule you have is compatible with their stroller and the adapters suitable.
Maxi Cosi has had Isofix for the last 3/4 years. If your capsule is is newer you will have straps attached to the base that have clips on the end and be located where the seat belt path is on the base. Isofix straps are not able to be added on at a later date.
If you have any questions feel free to contact our Customer Service team on 1300 809 526.
Kind regards

Maxi Cosi Team

Wendy Bettles

Wendy Bettlesasked

How do you turn seat around to face the front or forward facing

Customer ServiceMaxi-Cosi

Hi Wendy, The Mico capsule is only to be used rear ward facing. If you are after a forward/rearward facing car seat we would recommend looking at our convertible car seat range : https://www.maxi-cosi.com.au/car-seats/vita-pro .
Feel free to contact our customer service team if you have any further questions on 1300 809 526. Kind Regards, Maxi Cosi Team.

Bec P

Bec Pasked

Hi, we have a Maxi-Cozi Mico AP capsule and want to install it into our Mazda BT 50 Ute which does not have Isofix points- i was just wondering if there was a video clip or instructions on how to install using a seat belt? and also what to do regarding the top tether? where do you anchore it too if there are no isofix points?

yours kindly bec

Customer ServiceMaxi-Cosi

Hi Bec, Thank you for reaching out. Yes you can install a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap using the seat belt method of installation. The top tether will need to connect to an anchor point in your car which is usually located on the parcel shelf or behind the seat, please refer to your car's owner manual for anchor point location. Please refer to the video link below for help with installation. If you any need further assistance please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 and they will be able to assist you. Kind Regards, Maxi Cosi Team.

Mico Installation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xlDicQbyVw

Jess C.

Jess C.asked

Hi, we have a maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the maxi cosi Lila pram in duo mode. Thanks.

Maxi-Cosi team memberMaxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Our Maxi Cosi capsules are compatible with the Lila stroller. You can use the adaptors provided with the Lila stroller to connect the capsule to the pram. Feel free to contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 if you have any further questions.

Rachel G.

Rachel G.asked

What is the weight of JUST the capsule please? For the MAXI COSI Mico Limited Edition.

JET.

JET.asked

How long after the manufacture date does a maxi-Cosi Mico AP Isogo expire?

Kura A.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jet, thank you for your question. It is 10 years. If you have any further question please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526.

Lins

Linsasked

Hello,just wondering what is the exp.date of Maxi Cosi MCM 2010 ?

Nicole M.

Nicole M.asked

Hi purchased a British maxicosi capsule isofix base and want to know if it does fit an Australian maxi Cosi mico AP capsule?

chris

chrisasked

Why haven't the isofix base units that are used in the EU and UK made it out to australia?

Are they less safe than having the tethering strap or is it just Australian standards insistence on the tether strap that is the hold up - similar to their reluctance to embrace isofix?

Ricki

Rickiasked

Can I still get pram adapters for a Maxi Cosi MCM 2010 capsule? Thank you

Tes

Tesasked

I have a Nissan Dualis 2010 (J10 series), and was wondering if the Maxi Cosi Mico Ap will fit behind the front seats (meaning not in the middle seat)? I know that it can be anchored and strapped in, just wondering if it will actually fit size wise behind the front seat.
I don’t want to buy one and find it doesn’t fit, and I’ve tried to check on the Maxi Cosi website, however it doesn’t disappoint this certain capsule.

Lianne
Lianne

I used to have mine behind the passenger seat. The seat at the front would need to go forward more but it does fit in. It’s actually nice and secure

Astrid C

Astrid Casked

Is maxi cosi air mcm 2010 the same as maxi cosi ap? I cant seem to find any review on the maxi cosi air

Emma

Emmaasked

Hi I have a maxi cosi Mico ap 2014.
Is this a isofix model? I got it secondhand but it didn’t have isofix connection in base ?

Linz

Linzasked

Hello I have a maxi cosi mcm 2010. I am just wondering when does this expire?

Pipizai

Pipizaiasked

Maxi-Cosi Mico Plus, Mico AP and Citi capsules are compatible with Laika stroller.
Is MCM 2010 also compatible with Laika stroller?

Caroline

Carolineasked

do Maxi Cosi capsules have an expiry date, and if so how can I find it out?

Becsaubert

Becsaubertasked

Will a maxi Cosi 2010 fit the mountain buggy adapter #28?

Ngauru R

Ngauru Rasked

Hi do the maxi cosi mico APs in NZ come with the strap to top tether? My car doesnt have isofix so I have to use seat belt and locking clip but I feel like that isn't safe enough without the tether strap

Anita

Anitaasked

Hi there, My partner and I are moving to Ireland from Australia at the end of this year and we're wondering if this particular capsule will meet the safety standards in Ireland or if we would have to purchase an alternative one when we get there?

JessAx
JessAx

Good question! I have no idea... maybe look up maxi cosi website and contact them direct, they should have an email or something to send a enquiry.
Maybe even call a baby bunting or shop you can buy it from here in Australia and ask them to find out for you

Eoin
Eoin

Irish here too. Specifically I haven't got official info on your question, you'll need to talk to maxi cosy. Generally though, it won't have the stamp, not that anyone will ever check. One thing to note is the Australian standards are actually tougher than UK and Ireland. That means you'll have to contend a top tether, which is a pita. best to rent for a few months and buy your gear back in Europe. Same applies to any towbar related accessories.

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives