Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 2 of 7)

Isofix, Non Isofix
4.0 from 136 reviews · View Details

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Fantastic

Great capsule. Used it from birth for our daughter. One lever at the back for easy release of capsule from base. Very sturdy carry handle. Great canopy for shade. Easy to install when we would swap the capsule between our 2 cars (we used isofix which was so so easy). Was nice and snug for our daughter which I found reassuring. I read some reviews saying that it was too tight for their children. Each to their own but I prefer my child to be safe and snug - it’s not called a child restraint for nothing. my daughter was a bigger bubba and I still thought it was great!! we used the Redsbaby pram and again the adapters were very simple to use.
Overall great car capsule.

Emmal w

Emmal wEmerald

Best decision to buy when expecting a baby

Having this Capsule made my life an absolute breeze with a newborn, easy to install the base and very simple to carry capsule to and from the car to house or into the pram. My pram was comparable once I got adapters, which aren’t expensive, cosy for bub and very secure for them.

Jemma L

Jemma L

Great capsule.

We hired the Maxi Cosi Mico AP when we had our son. It’s a great capsule. It’s really easy to get in and out of the car, it’s light to carry (even when Bub is in it), it’s compatible with our Redsbaby pram and our car (fitted with isofix). It was easy to install utilising the isofix plug in our car. Our little one sleeps in it quite regularly so it must be comfortable for him! The only thing I don’t like about it is it’s quite large when it’s on the back seat so the front passenger ends up sitting on top of the airbag with not a lot of leg space. Overall, still a very good capsule.

CJR

CJR

Perfect for newborn

I bought this capsule for my newborn as it is compatible with my bugaboo pram and it has been the best thing I bought. It makes transition from the car to the pram so easy and on a hot day being able to bring the capsule inside and Poo bub in before going outside has been super handy

Michymonkey

MichymonkeyPerth

Awesome lightweight capsule

This was the first carrier we had for our bubs. Easy to install. A bit hard to take out if you have a small car. Awesome thing is the bubs fits nice and snug in there and we don't have to wake him getting in and out of the car. Even though the capsule being the lightest on the market once the baby passes 3 months it becomes quite heavy to carry. The pull over cover fabric comes off easily at the end but not a biggy. We bought adapters for this capsule to put it on top of our city mini pram.

Dave M

Dave MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Isofix is poor

Sam C

Sam CBrisbane

Fantastic

I bought the maxi cost AP limited edition for my second bub and it has been one of my best purchases. I have to do school pick up and drop off with my eldest and I simply click the capsule into my pram and off I go. The best thing is I DONT NEED TO WAKE THE BABY. Which in my opinion is priceless! The limited edition is especially great as it comes with the gold fold down sun protector and magnets to hold the straps out (which are the best!). The capsule is really easy to get in and out of the car and relatively easy to carry if needed. Anyone who doesn’t get a capsule I think are NUTS.

Anne D.

Anne D.Penrith

Fantastic baby capsule

Very easy to install and use on a daily basis. Conveniently this capsule is compatible with Redsbaby prams so the capsule can be transferred straight into the pram. Easy to carry but is quite heavy compared to other capsules. Only negative is the obvious - can only be used until approx 6 months, otherwise a great capsule!

JessAx

JessAxMelbourne

Easy to use!

Easy to use, had it installed. Kids fit securely. Purchased adapters to be able to use the capsules on my pram. Worst thing is the good that goes over to protect from the sun, it’s very flimsy and doesn’t hold its shape which is really frustrating as it’s purpose is to block the sun

Mary

Mary

Easy handling!

So easy to carry. I am in and out of the car so this capsule is perfect! So easy to install aswell. Have had a few carseats for my kids but this one is the best! Comfy for the kids too, can fit perfectly in my car with out the big bulk.

Fed up

Fed upMelbourne

Comfortable

This capsule is very easy to carry and it fits in car nicely (a four door sedan) it was very easy to install so makes it easier to switch from one car to another, my son fits snug in it and is very comfortable and yet he still has plenty of room to grow into it

Rachel

RachelMelbourne

Convenient and comfy

Fits easily into any pram using adapters.
Never have to strap my baby in the car which is difficult. Simply did all the fastening and settling of bubs inside the house, carried out capsule and clicked it into the car base.
Downside is capsule isnt very light so taking bubs in and out car is tiresome.

angrykate

angrykateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

I bought this capsule for when my son was born and it has been fantastic! Easy to install the base in the car with the added safety of the iso fix system. Easy to put the baby in and adjust the straps as well as clip into my pram. So perfect when the baby has fallen asleep to transfer them!

Kellie

KellieBrisbane

Easy to use.

Easy to use and simple to pull in different out of car. Made life with a newborn much easier. Got the seat installed professionally to start with but easy to install ourselves if needed after that. I felt confident knowing that our baby was safe. My only criticism is that I would want to use it beyond the 3-4 months we did.

Emma.W

Emma.W

Loved this capsule

Very easy to install and a nice roomy capsule for Bub. Was easy to fit to my city select premier with the adapters. Was great to transport my baby about for school and daycare drop offs. Easy to remove the covers for cleaning. Wish my son didn't grow as fast as he did so I could still be using it. I don't have a negative as this capsule was worth every cent

Denise F

Denise FSydney

Good quality capsule that goes straight from the car to the pram

I have used this capsule with my last two babies and has been very convenient. I used it with my joolz pram which i got the adaptors from someone on gumtree which means i dont need to wake my baby up if she is asleep in the car and we are out.

Bec M

Bec MCulburra Beach

Good Capsule - Faulty Hood

Mico AP capsule itself is a lightweight easy to carry capsule.
Compatible with a range of prams including the nuna. Easy click on and off. Lots of padding to keep baby safe and secure with little head movement.
Downside our one came with a faulty hood which would keep falling down which was very frustrating

Aimee

AimeeGrafton

Great

At first I found it a bit confusing but once I realised how to use it, it was okay. The adapters for my baby bee are to come today and I am excited to be able to keep baby asleep while I go out. Easy to install, stylish looking, I have always wanted a Maxi Cosi so i am excited to use.

Jade

JadeMelbourne

Love the maxi cosi capsule

I love this capsule, it’s so convenient with a newborn. I used it with my bugaboo buffalo purchasing the adapters from baby bunting, it meant I didn’t have to disturb my baby getting her in and out of the car for short trips to the shops etc. Fits well in my car and isofox was a bonus.

Ashley

Ashley

Easy to use

Great capsule, not too heavy and easy to take out of car. We are very happy with our purchase and would recommend it to other parents. The only thing that concerns us is that when our baby falls asleep, his head often falls forward in the seat which isn’t great for oxygen flow but I think this is the case for all capsules not just the maxi cosi.

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Odile

Odileasked

Hi,
I just bought a infant car seat (Maxi-Cosi Mico AP) and I would like to know if it is compatible with the bugaboo frog. I have some adapters for frog here.

Can someone is able to help me in the research?

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Odile, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 and they can help you with inquiries related to compatibility and any other questions that you may have. Kind Regards, Maxi Cosi Team.

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives