Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 2 of 7)

Isofix, Non Isofix

• Ease of Carrying
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Safety
  • Ease of Installation

Jemma L

Jemma L

Great capsule.

We hired the Maxi Cosi Mico AP when we had our son. It’s a great capsule. It’s really easy to get in and out of the car, it’s light to carry (even when Bub is in it), it’s compatible with our Redsbaby pram and our car (fitted with isofix). It was easy to install utilising the isofix plug in our car. Our little one sleeps in it quite regularly so it must be comfortable for him! The only thing I don’t like about it is it’s quite large when it’s on the back seat so the front passenger ends up sitting on top of the airbag with not a lot of leg space. Overall, still a very good capsule.

CJR

CJR

Perfect for newborn

I bought this capsule for my newborn as it is compatible with my bugaboo pram and it has been the best thing I bought. It makes transition from the car to the pram so easy and on a hot day being able to bring the capsule inside and Poo bub in before going outside has been super handy

Michymonkey

MichymonkeyPerth

Awesome lightweight capsule

This was the first carrier we had for our bubs. Easy to install. A bit hard to take out if you have a small car. Awesome thing is the bubs fits nice and snug in there and we don't have to wake him getting in and out of the car. Even though the capsule being the lightest on the market once the baby passes 3 months it becomes quite heavy to carry. The pull over cover fabric comes off easily at the end but not a biggy. We bought adapters for this capsule to put it on top of our city mini pram.

Dave M

Dave M

Isofix is poor

Sam C

Sam CBrisbane

Fantastic

I bought the maxi cost AP limited edition for my second bub and it has been one of my best purchases. I have to do school pick up and drop off with my eldest and I simply click the capsule into my pram and off I go. The best thing is I DONT NEED TO WAKE THE BABY. Which in my opinion is priceless! The limited edition is especially great as it comes with the gold fold down sun protector and magnets to hold the straps out (which are the best!). The capsule is really easy to get in and out of the car and relatively easy to carry if needed. Anyone who doesn’t get a capsule I think are NUTS.

Anne D.

Anne D.Penrith

Fantastic baby capsule

Very easy to install and use on a daily basis. Conveniently this capsule is compatible with Redsbaby prams so the capsule can be transferred straight into the pram. Easy to carry but is quite heavy compared to other capsules. Only negative is the obvious - can only be used until approx 6 months, otherwise a great capsule!

JessAx

JessAxMelbourne

Easy to use!

Easy to use, had it installed. Kids fit securely. Purchased adapters to be able to use the capsules on my pram. Worst thing is the good that goes over to protect from the sun, it’s very flimsy and doesn’t hold its shape which is really frustrating as it’s purpose is to block the sun

Mary

Mary

Easy handling!

So easy to carry. I am in and out of the car so this capsule is perfect! So easy to install aswell. Have had a few carseats for my kids but this one is the best! Comfy for the kids too, can fit perfectly in my car with out the big bulk.

Fed up

Fed upMelbourne

Comfortable

This capsule is very easy to carry and it fits in car nicely (a four door sedan) it was very easy to install so makes it easier to switch from one car to another, my son fits snug in it and is very comfortable and yet he still has plenty of room to grow into it

Rachel

RachelMelbourne

Convenient and comfy

Fits easily into any pram using adapters.
Never have to strap my baby in the car which is difficult. Simply did all the fastening and settling of bubs inside the house, carried out capsule and clicked it into the car base.
Downside is capsule isnt very light so taking bubs in and out car is tiresome.

angrykate

angrykateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

I bought this capsule for when my son was born and it has been fantastic! Easy to install the base in the car with the added safety of the iso fix system. Easy to put the baby in and adjust the straps as well as clip into my pram. So perfect when the baby has fallen asleep to transfer them!

Kellie

KellieBrisbane

Easy to use.

Easy to use and simple to pull in different out of car. Made life with a newborn much easier. Got the seat installed professionally to start with but easy to install ourselves if needed after that. I felt confident knowing that our baby was safe. My only criticism is that I would want to use it beyond the 3-4 months we did.

Emma.W

Emma.W

Loved this capsule

Very easy to install and a nice roomy capsule for Bub. Was easy to fit to my city select premier with the adapters. Was great to transport my baby about for school and daycare drop offs. Easy to remove the covers for cleaning. Wish my son didn't grow as fast as he did so I could still be using it. I don't have a negative as this capsule was worth every cent

Denise F

Denise FSydney

Good quality capsule that goes straight from the car to the pram

I have used this capsule with my last two babies and has been very convenient. I used it with my joolz pram which i got the adaptors from someone on gumtree which means i dont need to wake my baby up if she is asleep in the car and we are out.

Bec M

Bec MCulburra Beach

Good Capsule - Faulty Hood

Mico AP capsule itself is a lightweight easy to carry capsule.
Compatible with a range of prams including the nuna. Easy click on and off. Lots of padding to keep baby safe and secure with little head movement.
Downside our one came with a faulty hood which would keep falling down which was very frustrating

Aimee

AimeeGrafton

Great

At first I found it a bit confusing but once I realised how to use it, it was okay. The adapters for my baby bee are to come today and I am excited to be able to keep baby asleep while I go out. Easy to install, stylish looking, I have always wanted a Maxi Cosi so i am excited to use.

Jade

JadeMelbourne

Love the maxi cosi capsule

I love this capsule, it’s so convenient with a newborn. I used it with my bugaboo buffalo purchasing the adapters from baby bunting, it meant I didn’t have to disturb my baby getting her in and out of the car for short trips to the shops etc. Fits well in my car and isofox was a bonus.

Ashley

Ashley

Easy to use

Great capsule, not too heavy and easy to take out of car. We are very happy with our purchase and would recommend it to other parents. The only thing that concerns us is that when our baby falls asleep, his head often falls forward in the seat which isn’t great for oxygen flow but I think this is the case for all capsules not just the maxi cosi.

Harry

HarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect buy

I bought this a month ago. Its major advantages are that it can be put in a pram (however the pram requires adapters if its not a maxi cosi branded pram) and then when in the car it can be clicked in to the car seat base. Overall i think its very useful and handy to have.

Kai

KaiPerth

Baby doesn't wake up in this!

Been using this for 10 months now. Also Bought the adapter for our baby jogger pram.
Overall good but could be better designed as described below:

Cons: putting the capsule onto the pram adapters is quite tricky often you will miss.
Pulling the strap that is secured over the top is quite hard to secure and unsecure.
Pros: younger babies don't wake up so easily but after 8 months our boy gets woken up easy when transfering him from arm to seat. Lucky for us our baby still barely fits in the capsule at 8 months. Great to use if we go out at night.
**Capsule can be a rocker too!

feroz

ferozasked

Hi I bought a maxi cosi second hand capsule 2014, it does not have connectors on the base.
is it supposed to be with out connectors? can it be restrain only to car seat belt.
it does have a tether strap though.

Suzi Q
Suzi Q

Do you mean connectors for the pram? It does come with the base for the car. And it clicks out of the base

Skye M.

Skye M.asked

I am looking at purchasing a second hard Maxi Cosi mica AP I’m just wondering if you could tell me what has changed with the models between 2015 and 2019/2020.

Jodieasked

Hi is the maxi Cosi I purchased in 2008 compatible with the Panorama travel system pram? Also would the maxi Cosi have iso fox points ? Where would I look on the capsule/base to find out ? Thanks !

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jodie
It is the stroller company that will be able to advise if the capsule you have is compatible with their stroller and the adapters suitable.
Maxi Cosi has had Isofix for the last 3/4 years. If your capsule is is newer you will have straps attached to the base that have clips on the end and be located where the seat belt path is on the base. Isofix straps are not able to be added on at a later date.
If you have any questions feel free to contact our Customer Service team on 1300 809 526.
Kind regards

Maxi Cosi Team

Jodie

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives