Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 7 of 10)

Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Sam L
Sam LPerth

Light and very useful

Capsule is good, after sales service for repair is terrible

SM4051
SM4051Brisbane

Guaranteed sleep for my baby

debbiemd
debbiemd

Handy for the first two months or so

My newborn hated to sleep. He would only sleep in my arms or in this capsule! He did 2-3 hours at times which is a lifesaver when you are sore and sleep deprived. It looks so comfy and the slight incline is great for a reflux baby. Nice to be able to move a newborn around too when they are so fragile if you need to go somewhere, especially with the pram adaptors. As for cons - expensive yes. Heavy once the baby gets heavy of course - not good for birth recovery! and my 25th percentile baby is 3.5 months and it's a tight fit already. Regardless of the cons it was worth it for me if I can use it for two kids and resell after.

Shannon
Shannon

Difficult to use, hot, awful customer service

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020

Baby hates it!

My baby does not get on with this capsule, trying to get her in and out is a struggle as the space is so compact and she overheats so quickly - she's always sweaty and red faced when we take her out no matter how much air con is on. I think the positioning leaves her feeling cramped and means it defeats the purpose of having it attach to the pram as we always have to get her out as soon as we stop. Attachment is easy so a real shame.

Unhappy camper!
Unhappy camper!Gold coast

Poorly constructed, the quailty isnt there as claimed!

Purchased a new one for my new born ( worst decision ever) for the price we paid it isn't worth. Poor construction, hard the line up with pram adaptors as the whole capsule flexes. If you want to remove seat belts for cleaning they dont come out easy at all which is a design floor for someone that likes to keep the capsule clean especially if the baby vomits! They are over rated and well over priced, cheap and not made for convenient cleaning or Manoeuvring . Very disappoint and not recommended at all, dont waste you money and do your research and inspection of quality, ours had sticks over the strap hole where it looks to be a miss cut

Leca
LecaSydney

Pram fitting

Hi I was wondering if I purchase a maxi cosy mico AP capsule will it fit in my icandy strawberry? Also will I have to buy separate parts for the pram. I bought the pram in 2013 so it's the old I can't strawberry pram not the new one. thank you

OctMa
OctMaAlice Springs

Not sure it was worth it

NewMum
NewMumCanberra

Great capsule! Lasted longer than my old one

SarahJL
SarahJLBrisbane

Good capsule, happy I bought it

Prue
PrueTorquay VIC

Excellent capsule, couldn't live without it

I love our Maxi Cosi Mico AP Air Protect capsule, which I use in conjunction with our Quinny Moodd pram base. So easy to take in and out of the car, simple attachment to the pram, slots in securely and off we go. Can transfer him from car to pram without waking him, easily. I even use the capsule in the house to settle my baby, he's so snug in there he always falls asleep! In the first 2 weeks, it totally saved me. Highly recommended.

Rebecca
RebeccaPerth, WA

Just okay.

Rayxa
Rayxa

Life Changing

As a new mother I was sure that I didn't need a capsule and car seat would do. I was wrong. The Maxi Cost capsule was a life changer for us. My daughter was 4 weeks prem and absolutely hated the car seat. She would wake up to go in and out. The capsule changed everything, I can now move her whilst asleep in and out of the car as well as greater flexibility if I need to go out in general. With the adaptors it fits on my Joolz pram. Sometimes getting it on and off is a little stiff, but this slight irritation is nothing compared to the upside. Love it and would recommend to all new mums. We bought the Isofix version which made it easy to install in the car ourselves.

Kura A.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Rayxa,
We are so happy to hear about your experience with our Mico AP. We are very proud of the product and its abilities to help mothers just like you enjoy your new baby just that little bit more.

gnat333
gnat333Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great safety but base fail

We have had constant issues with the capsule not clicking into the base easily for 8 weeks. Some days it's ok and others I spend way too long trying with other people having a go to no avail also. This morning I have not been able to get it in at all and am therefore stranded at home. I can't take it back to the shop as I can't secure my baby to drive there so I'm stuck. Not happy!

Kura A.Maxi-Cosi

Kristyn N.
Kristyn N.asked
Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.
Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.
Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $549.00$529.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 6 months6 months
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black