Extra head support
Lightweight and comfortable
Compatible with many strollers
Installation can be fiddly
Worst purchase ever.
I just bought this capsule today from Baby Bunting. Installation manual says you need to use a locking clip to secure the capsule but it doesnt come with the box. I tried installing the capsule without the clip and it looks very insecure.
So I ringed Baby Bunting and learned that it is optional and it "adds" to security of the capsule and costs $5.99.
So picture this, you buy a $379 capsule and come home and find out that you need to drive back to get this $6 worth accessory.
I will definitely go back but just to return it.
Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $379.00.
Isofix is poor
Purchased the isofix version specifically because it generally means a much more secure fit. However the isofix implementation on this is awful. It's poorly designed and isn't compatible with our Volkswagen despite the car being isofix standard compliant. With isofix attached and tightened to maximum, the base is dangerously loose and not secure at all. Further when I contacted support they were highly unhelpful, refusing a refund and telling me I should have checked first. The isofix connectors on the base are a poor hack and the manufactur...er has not put effort into designing the base for isofix. Rather it is a poor workaround using the seatbelt system. We are now forced to consider our options. A poorly fitting dangerous seat, or go find a different brand. Buyer beware.
100% regret buying
I did a lot of research before purchasing this capsule. We didn't have one for our first child, but saw the ease of others who used capsules and so bought one for our second child. There is a major design flaw!
1. The seat belt tether strap: this is fixed to the back of the capsule and connects to the car via a clip on the headrest of the back seat. The seatbelt tether therefore stays on the capsule when you remove it from the car. There is a pocket at the base of the capsule's hood to store the belt when it's not connected to the car. Howeve...
Find out how Maxi-Cosi Mico AP compares to other Baby Capsules
Know better, choose better.
Difficult to use, hot, awful customer service
- I struggle to think of a single thing...
- It passes the critical safety feature tests on childcarseats.com.au (but didn't do well on other items)
- Baby can be moved in and out of car in seat with pram attachment (see the bad points re heat and adaptors)
- Rear facing so baby can see you in pram
- Whew! AUD400. Heavy hit to the hip pocket
- Only good for 6 months
- Difficult to insert/ remove/ attach to pram ...
Poorly constructed, the quailty isnt there as claimed!
Purchased a new one for my new born ( worst decision ever) for the price we paid it isn't worth. Poor construction, hard the line up with pram adaptors as the whole capsule flexes. If you want to remove seat belts for cleaning they dont come out easy at all which is a design floor for someone that likes to keep the capsule clean especially if the baby vomits! They are over rated and well over priced, cheap and not made for convenient cleaning or Manoeuvring . Very disappoint and not recommended at all, dont waste you money and do your research and inspection of quality, ours had sticks over the strap hole where it looks to be a miss cut
sounds good in theory!
We bought this capsule because it is light weight and fits with our icandy pram. Unfortunately my baby hates it. He screams everytime we put him in it. I think it is the position that makes him lay in is terribly uncomfortable. We are going to have to buy another capsule because I can't take him anywhere in this one!
terrible position for baby, very uncomfortable
Questions & Answers
I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t
Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks
Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : email@example.com and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.
Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks
The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.
- Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
- ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
- Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
- Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
- Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
- Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
- ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
- Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
- Luxurious machine washable cover.
- Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.
What reviewers thought
They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.
|Category||Baby Capsules||Baby Capsules|
|Maximum Age||6 months||6 months|
|Dimensions||760 x 440 x 630 mm||760 x 440 x 630 mm|
|Colour / Finish||Devoted Black||Devoted Black|
|Weight||4.3 kg||4.3 kg|
|Manufacturer Warranty||10 year(s)||10 year(s)|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.