Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Doesnt work well with all car models and can be loose

We followed all instructions to install correctly only to find it loose and floppy. eventually found lots of people had found the same problem online too. doesnt work well with some cars and the advice is to use towels to wedge it in so that the base doesnt move.

Purchased in September 2019 for $350.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Matt, we are sorry to hear you have experienced issues with fitting your carrier, can you please contact our team on 1300 809 526 and they will go through the trouble shooting with you, regards Helen Social Media Team

Worst purchase ever.

I just bought this capsule today from Baby Bunting. Installation manual says you need to use a locking clip to secure the capsule but it doesnt come with the box. I tried installing the capsule without the clip and it looks very insecure.

So I ringed Baby Bunting and learned that it is optional and it "adds" to security of the capsule and costs $5.99.

So picture this, you buy a $379 capsule and come home and find out that you need to drive back to get this $6 worth accessory.

I will definitely go back but just to return it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $379.00.

Shan

ShanShepparton

Disappointed with this product

We purchased the capsule as the store we purchased it from said its a very popular capsule and well made.

We have had nothing but trouble
The hood of the capsule is flimsy and keeps falling down.
The strap that is connected at the head of the capsule is faulty the screw always comes loose and belt falls out. Very unsafe.
The straps always twist which is very annoying when trying to get a baby into the seat.

Very disappointed with this capsule as it is one of the more expensive ones.

Dave M

Dave MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Isofix is poor

Bec M

Bec MCulburra Beach

Good Capsule - Faulty Hood

Mico AP capsule itself is a lightweight easy to carry capsule.
Compatible with a range of prams including the nuna. Easy click on and off. Lots of padding to keep baby safe and secure with little head movement.
Downside our one came with a faulty hood which would keep falling down which was very frustrating

Good for a couple of weeks

I found the capsule heavy and awkward to hold . I liked how compatible it was transitioning from Car to Bugaboo bee with adapters . Found it very easy to install . My baby actually hated this chair and would scream constantly. He grew out of it within 2 months . No comfy at all :-(

Bron

BronSydney

100% regret buying

Vanessa

VanessaCamden

Overrated.

After days/weeks of research I picked this capsule only to be disappointed. It makes baby SO hot, the sun cover falls off the back easily when down and the handle makes a loud click so it wakes baby up when I get him out of the car. Also you can't move the handle with one hand which is annoying when I am holding the baby and need to move it. Even with the isofox being installed professionally the seat moves easily from side to side. For the price this is a bad product.

Shannon

Shannon

Difficult to use, hot, awful customer service

Baby hates it!

My baby does not get on with this capsule, trying to get her in and out is a struggle as the space is so compact and she overheats so quickly - she's always sweaty and red faced when we take her out no matter how much air con is on. I think the positioning leaves her feeling cramped and means it defeats the purpose of having it attach to the pram as we always have to get her out as soon as we stop. Attachment is easy so a real shame.

Unhappy camper!

Unhappy camper!Gold coast

Poorly constructed, the quailty isnt there as claimed!

Purchased a new one for my new born ( worst decision ever) for the price we paid it isn't worth. Poor construction, hard the line up with pram adaptors as the whole capsule flexes. If you want to remove seat belts for cleaning they dont come out easy at all which is a design floor for someone that likes to keep the capsule clean especially if the baby vomits! They are over rated and well over priced, cheap and not made for convenient cleaning or Manoeuvring . Very disappoint and not recommended at all, dont waste you money and do your research and inspection of quality, ours had sticks over the strap hole where it looks to be a miss cut

LaurenHighton

Steer clear - far safer seats readily available

sharyn p.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Lauren, sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with our Mico. Could you please send us an email to: support@dorel.com.au so we can chat some more?

Lauren

Thanks but I've experienced your customer support before. And I told you how unhappy I was and that I'd be submitting a review and I was laughed at.

Mark P.Maxi-Cosi

Taniel
Taniel
Hpw
Hpw

Does the safety first capsule actually click into the maxi cosi adapters on the bugaboo or does it just sit on top? Thanks :)

snowbie

snowbieAU

Would be good if the system was smaller...

Silver
Silver

Hi just wondering kobesnowbie if you were selling capsules as I'm having twins and am interested in these capsules as they will fit my pram

Lisa Park
Lisa Park

What kind of station wagon do you have?

Emma F

Emma FBerwick

sounds good in theory!

We bought this capsule because it is light weight and fits with our icandy pram. Unfortunately my baby hates it. He screams everytime we put him in it. I think it is the position that makes him lay in is terribly uncomfortable. We are going to have to buy another capsule because I can't take him anywhere in this one!
lightweight
terrible position for baby, very uncomfortable

phezzant
phezzant

hey... are you selling you old one? I will buy it!

Littlemiss009

Littlemiss009Perth, WA

Love the capsule, but thought it should last longer

Brisbane mum
Brisbane mum
Adelaide Mum.
Adelaide Mum.

I'd review your install - I am just about to move my 7 mo 8.9kg 74cm baby out of her maxi cosi micro.

Kat84
Kat84

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP