Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying
Amara89

Amara89Sydney

Not a fan

My son absolutely hates being in this capsule as it makes him really hot, he cries while seated in it and comes out all sweaty I wish they would improve on the fabric and make it more breathable (moisture wicking) and better suited to the weather conditions during the Australian summer season. The only thing I like about this is that fact that IF he does fall asleep then I can carry him without disturbing him and that it clicks into our pram (redsbaby jive2). Also the handle clips being on either end is a nuisance I would be awesome if it was in the middle of the handle instead

Purchased in September 2019.

Jocelyn P.

Jocelyn P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complicated and confusing to install

From the moment I bought this I thought my newborn will be the safest and most comfortable. Installing and adjusting is so complicated, I recommend you have professionally installed and take notes or record the professionals on how to adjust it. A bit pricey but didn’t matter as long as it’s safe. Buy man it took years off me trying to install and adjust, and yes my partner also tried.

Also, if you’re petite and carrying an approximately 3-4 kilo capsule plus your newborn... god help me if she was more than 6 months... it’s impossible to carry. I have an uppababy vista that can have the capsule placed on it but haven’t had the chance to buy the adapters to connect it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting for $350.00.

mowerman

mowermanWestern District, VIC

Handy capsule but could be improved

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $240.00.

Doobs

DoobsMelbourne

Expensive and Frustrating Ownership Experience

Washalcholic

WashalcholicSydney

Don’t buy Isofix model

When the car seat was being installed by a professional installer it was recommended removing isofix feature as it wasn’t as secure as using seatbelt. Would not have spent extra money on isofix fixture if this had been known. Recommend checking with you installer before purchasing the more expensive model.

Jess

JessMelbourne

Convenient but difficult to tighten straps

It’s ok to carry and compatible with my car and pram. I found the straps difficult to tighten and both of my babies hated being in it for very long. Only used it for two months with both of them. They seemed to be secure in it and it was convenient when they fell asleep.

jules_rules10

jules_rules10Brisbane

Cosy capsule that fits into popular prams

Roxaria

RoxariaPerth, WA

Ok capsule

I found this capsule a bit heavy to carry. It was the only one compatible with my pram bumbleride indie. Also, not so easy to attach it on the base and remove it. It requires a bit of effort. They say you can use it for up to 6 months but we had to stop using it at around 4 months as baby outgrew it (and my baby is only 15 percentile!). It was great the first months cause my baby was very small at birth and she looked cute and comfy in it.

Annette Wilke

Annette WilkeCanberra

Baby doesn't like it :(

The capsule isn't easy to get into the car and the safety harness hard to fit.
After buying the adaptors it's compatible however baby doesn't like being in it.
It was easy enough to install
Yes she fits securely into the capsule although she screams most trips, I've been unable to use with the pram!

Find out how Maxi-Cosi Mico AP compares to other Baby Capsules

I would only recommend this capsule for premature babies

I found the capsule very convenient at first. Easy to get in and out of car or pram. My baby would sleep in it for hours on long trips in car. But as she got older she began to hate it because of its increasing tightness and making her overheat just after 5 minutes in it. (she was only 2.5kg at birth but grow very fast) Also because it is rear facing car air con doesn't help. I found with just 10 minutes trips into town she would scream and her back was covered in sweat. My baby grow out of hers before six months. I would only recommend this capsule to parents with very tiny babies as it just gets to tight, hot and uncomfortable as your baby grows.

Capsule is good, after sales service for repair is terrible

OctMa

OctMaAlice Springs

Not sure it was worth it

Rebecca

RebeccaPerth, WA

Just okay.

gnat333

gnat333Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great safety but base fail

We have had constant issues with the capsule not clicking into the base easily for 8 weeks. Some days it's ok and others I spend way too long trying with other people having a go to no avail also. This morning I have not been able to get it in at all and am therefore stranded at home. I can't take it back to the shop as I can't secure my baby to drive there so I'm stuck. Not happy!

Maxi-Cosi
Kura A.Maxi-Cosi
Nata

NataWollongong

Wouldn't buy it again

My daughter cries at once I put her into the capsule. She slept well only first 3 weeks. She is 4 months now (15%). Looks the capsule is too tight for her and too deep. She was born in autumn. Now it is winter. But I cannot dress her in any light jacket because it is too tight.

Pros: I like material.
Cons: The capsule make my baby crying all the time. Very uncomfortable and tight.

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP