Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Doesnt work well with all car models and can be loose

We followed all instructions to install correctly only to find it loose and floppy. eventually found lots of people had found the same problem online too. doesnt work well with some cars and the advice is to use towels to wedge it in so that the base doesnt move.

Purchased in September 2019 for $350.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Matt, we are sorry to hear you have experienced issues with fitting your carrier, can you please contact our team on 1300 809 526 and they will go through the trouble shooting with you, regards Helen Social Media Team

Elizabeth K.

Elizabeth K.

Great compact seat

Unfortunately I don’t think my child is very comfortable, no doubt due to the fabric used. He gets really sweaty and long trips are a nightmare. They should make the cover fabric more breathable if it’s at all possible

Purchased in March 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $450.00.

Maxi-Cosi team memberMaxi-Cosi

Hi Elizabeth, Can I please ask you contact our customer service team on customerservice@dorel.com.au so they may help you. Kind regards, Megan

Shan

ShanShepparton

Disappointed with this product

We purchased the capsule as the store we purchased it from said its a very popular capsule and well made.

We have had nothing but trouble
The hood of the capsule is flimsy and keeps falling down.
The strap that is connected at the head of the capsule is faulty the screw always comes loose and belt falls out. Very unsafe.
The straps always twist which is very annoying when trying to get a baby into the seat.

Very disappointed with this capsule as it is one of the more expensive ones.

Sam B

Sam BMelbourne

Nice and light

Nice and light weight - great for going from the car to the pram without disturbing baby. Definitely worthwhile to get the clips to convert to the pram.
Not something that I would leave the baby sleeping in at home for long though. Good to store for future babies to get moneys worth.

Lianne

LianneTerrigal

Great for those first few months

I had this for bubs and was so handy to be able to transfer bubs in/out of car and onto pram easily. Saves disturbing the baby. However bubs out grew by 4 months and we had to get a new seat which is more expense so early. We have for bubs 2 at least. Bubs was ready to move into another seat too as they are only small.

Lana

LanaSydney, NSW

Very good - also very good brackets that fit in with any pram

Very good capsule. My baby slept like a log in it. Also very good to get brackets for your pram and you just snap the pram in and off you go. Very good. Would recommend to any new parents. Makes the trasporation of baby from car to pram seemless!!!!! Just fantastic

Dani

DaniMelbourne

Very useful but couple of things would make it better

CJR

CJR

Perfect for newborn

I bought this capsule for my newborn as it is compatible with my bugaboo pram and it has been the best thing I bought. It makes transition from the car to the pram so easy and on a hot day being able to bring the capsule inside and Poo bub in before going outside has been super handy

JessAx

JessAxMelbourne

Easy to use!

Easy to use, had it installed. Kids fit securely. Purchased adapters to be able to use the capsules on my pram. Worst thing is the good that goes over to protect from the sun, it’s very flimsy and doesn’t hold its shape which is really frustrating as it’s purpose is to block the sun

Mary

Mary

Easy handling!

So easy to carry. I am in and out of the car so this capsule is perfect! So easy to install aswell. Have had a few carseats for my kids but this one is the best! Comfy for the kids too, can fit perfectly in my car with out the big bulk.

Fed up

Fed upMelbourne

Comfortable

This capsule is very easy to carry and it fits in car nicely (a four door sedan) it was very easy to install so makes it easier to switch from one car to another, my son fits snug in it and is very comfortable and yet he still has plenty of room to grow into it

Rachel

RachelMelbourne

Convenient and comfy

Fits easily into any pram using adapters.
Never have to strap my baby in the car which is difficult. Simply did all the fastening and settling of bubs inside the house, carried out capsule and clicked it into the car base.
Downside is capsule isnt very light so taking bubs in and out car is tiresome.

Bec M

Bec MCulburra Beach

Good Capsule - Faulty Hood

Mico AP capsule itself is a lightweight easy to carry capsule.
Compatible with a range of prams including the nuna. Easy click on and off. Lots of padding to keep baby safe and secure with little head movement.
Downside our one came with a faulty hood which would keep falling down which was very frustrating

Aimee

AimeeGrafton

Great

At first I found it a bit confusing but once I realised how to use it, it was okay. The adapters for my baby bee are to come today and I am excited to be able to keep baby asleep while I go out. Easy to install, stylish looking, I have always wanted a Maxi Cosi so i am excited to use.

Harry

HarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect buy

I bought this a month ago. Its major advantages are that it can be put in a pram (however the pram requires adapters if its not a maxi cosi branded pram) and then when in the car it can be clicked in to the car seat base. Overall i think its very useful and handy to have.

Kai

KaiPerth

Baby doesn't wake up in this!

Been using this for 10 months now. Also Bought the adapter for our baby jogger pram.
Overall good but could be better designed as described below:

Cons: putting the capsule onto the pram adapters is quite tricky often you will miss.
Pulling the strap that is secured over the top is quite hard to secure and unsecure.
Pros: younger babies don't wake up so easily but after 8 months our boy gets woken up easy when transfering him from arm to seat. Lucky for us our baby still barely fits in the capsule at 8 months. Great to use if we go out at night.
**Capsule can be a rocker too!

Renee J

Renee JHobart, TAS

Good but has some negatives

Easy to install and our premature baby fits securely. It is easy to carry although quite heavy even with a small baby. The strap to secure it to the car (over the top of the capsule) is quite hard to connect and I also fear that if I accidentally let go, the metal buckle will hit my child.

LBTX

LBTXPerth

Good product but quite heavy

This is a great capsule in terms of build quality and performance. Downside is it's quite heavy and only just fits in my car (mazda cx5).

Before buying one ensure the backseat of your car has enough room behind the drivers seat - probably better to buy a smaller capsule if you have a small or medium size car.

lines

linesAU

Great car seat

Bought this to go with my pram for easy when baby is asleep and to much to fiddle with getting her in and out. Negatives are it is actually a bit fiddly putting her in and out because of the handle and the anchor point belt - we bought the isofix base because we thought it didn't need the extra belt over the seat but alas, so we have several times had to wriggle her in and out, however once she is in she is nice and secure and the seat was easy to install and feels very safe. Also doesn't weigh too much! Probably a little on the smaller size, but my baby is six months and still using it so not too bad!

EPandNP

EPandNPMelbourne

Great choice with #2

Decided to get a capsule for ease with baby number 2 and it was a great decision. So easy to unclick the capsule from the car when we out at the toddler’s activities. The capsule itself is easy to use and buckle up. Having the tether strap is annoying and can weigh down the hood.

The biggest negative is that we paid the extra for the isofix model however when it was installed at baby bunting (where we purchased it) they said there is some problem with the base and fittings that means it is less secure if attached with the isofix points so they don’t do it that way. Apparently the baby bunting staff know this and should have told us so we didn’t spend extra money for no reason.

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP