Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 2 of 3)

Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
O.Pl

O.Pl

Nice capsule

I honestly only used maxi cos I capsule so I can't compare but I guess most of them are not light to lift normally. I purchased all black. Love the design. Easy to clean and handle but my baby didn't like it at all. I was planning to use for about a year but couldn't even last half a year since she cried so much. Once she's in a big car seat, she's happy but I assume she just wanted forward faced.. It looked a bit squashy even though she was a premmie.. It is totally up to babies. I generally enjoyed using the capsule.

Triin Nigul

Triin NigulBrisbane

Great car seat for INFANTS!

Amazingly easy and cute capsule! Been very handy for the first months. My baby is 3 months and I'm sure in a month he is outgrown it. One more thing, it is a bit stiff, the paddings are not so soft. So for 3 -4 months its a great buy!

Wonderwomanj

WonderwomanjBrisbane

Good price for midrange capsule

Bought this from Baby Bunting prior to the birth of our second child. The price for the mid range model was about $150 less than other baby stores. After playing around it appears that it will be easy to remove and attach to our pram. Easy to install and ready for baby to arrive.

BiancandEve

BiancandEveAU

Love this purchase!

I did a lot of research before buying this capsule and I loved using it! Clipped into my pram perfectly and straight into the car which made it easy, stylish, safe and easy to carry. Never had any issues and baby was snug as a bug! I would recommend this

Maja

MajaMelbourne

Sun canopy doesn't click in

We are very happy with this capsule - not too heavy, easy to take in and out, and extremely practical for Parents With toddlers.
However , we have had an issue with the sun canopy - I assume this is meant to click in and stay in place once you open it??? because ours keeps falling one way or the other and ends up on baby's face sometimes. Hope someone can help.

Stephlee

Stephlee

Great Seat!

Nice lightweight capsule. fits in our car only in the middle unfortunately but thats our cars fault not the seat I guess. Fits onto our pram easily with adaptors. The capsule base was hard to install, required my husband to use his whole body weight to hold it into place while placing the seatbelt through but I guess if this is what has to be done to make it the safest thats fine.
My second daughter was in this seat until 8 months old :)

Dimitri

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Light and Easy to Use

We have twins, so having to carry two of these sometimes, its a breeze. Not that heavy with the babies in them. Very compact, our twins love seating in these carriers, whereas our first born didnt like any carriers. No problems installing into car, and easy to get in and out each time. Very secure.

Meghann W

Meghann WSydney

Easy to use

Love how easy it is to go between car and pram with the correct adapters.
Can be slightly awkward to carry at times especially as bubs gets heavier.

Compatible with a few different brands using adapters, I'm using with Baby Jogger City Select.

Isofix was super difficult to try and fit in my car so the professionals fitted it with the seatbelt option.

Child sits in seat well but it does get quite hot and sweaty for them.

Sam L

Sam LPerth

Light and very useful

SM4051

SM4051Brisbane

Guaranteed sleep for my baby

debbiemd

debbiemd

Handy for the first two months or so

My newborn hated to sleep. He would only sleep in my arms or in this capsule! He did 2-3 hours at times which is a lifesaver when you are sore and sleep deprived. It looks so comfy and the slight incline is great for a reflux baby. Nice to be able to move a newborn around too when they are so fragile if you need to go somewhere, especially with the pram adaptors. As for cons - expensive yes. Heavy once the baby gets heavy of course - not good for birth recovery! and my 25th percentile baby is 3.5 months and it's a tight fit already. Regardless of the cons it was worth it for me if I can use it for two kids and resell after.

NewMum

NewMumCanberra

Great capsule! Lasted longer than my old one

SarahJL

SarahJLBrisbane

Good capsule, happy I bought it

Christian

ChristianWamberal

For a capsule it ticks all the boxes.

With our little 5 week premi bub we will be getting a lot of use from his first car seat. It is very easy to put him into and also attaching the seat to the base unit is also great. Due to the design there is very little disturbance to bub. The pram attachment ( baby jogger mini GT ) ia also great to use and looks awesome too. Happy to buy again if ever needed.

Mandi78

Mandi78QLD, 4509

Wish I had this for my first bub!

My first bub screamed his way home from hospital in one of those Birth-4yrs adjustable Car Seats until we pulled over and I held him in my arms in the back seat for the remainder of the journey. I avoided car trips at all costs for months as they were too stressful. Wish I'd had a capsule.

PROS
- Baby looks oh-so-comfortable and peaceful, she sleeps soundly.
- With adaptors, it clicks in and out of our City Mini GT with ease.

NEGS
- Expensive for the short-lived use (many babies outgrow the seat seat within weeks/a few short months).

Mum of two

Mum of twoSydney

Very happy with this capsule

JLee

Menace8

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP