Extra head support
Lightweight and comfortable
Compatible with many strollers
Installation can be fiddly
Worth the money
Was really happy with buying a light weight capsule that attached to my pram. My daughter has only just grown out of the capsule at 5 and a half months. It was really easy to click in place in my car and was quick to transfer to the pram. Made life easy when it came to shopping. She also liked sleeping in the capsule so made it easy when going out with her.
Easy to use, light weight and could use with pram.
Bub could get hot being so enclosed in padding.
Great product, but some minor opportunities for improvement
I had a safe and sound capsule (the blue one) for my first bub, but splurged with my second because i wanted one that would fit my double pram (wrangling a toddler and baby seemed too hard). I love the convenience of this capsule for this reason. I am so glad I purchased it!
On the down side, there are some design enhancements that could make it exceptional!
1. The cover is washable, but the branding stickers are likely to come off. So if the stickers could be sewn in or wash wearing, that would be better.
2. I have a 7kg 11 week old and ...
Good light weight capsule with compatability to lots of prams.
I bought this capsule as it was the lightest available that was copatable with my pram. I am really impressed with it, the adaptors that go onto my Valco pram are great as well. I like that it is light as once you add the weight of even an average baby its heavy enough, would be way worse with one of the heavier capsules. It's performance in the car is great goes in and out easily and is easy to secure. Installation was quick and easy. I would prefer if the hood was bigger as when it is on the pram it dosen't quite cover the baby enough to shad...e baby from the sun & wind. It does stick a little to the pram adaptor when you are trying to remove it but once you have the knack it's fine. My babies are quite small but if you have bigger bubs they might outgrow it quickly as it is a smaller capsule. adaptability to different prams, light weight small sun hood, expensive.
Find out how Maxi-Cosi Mico AP compares to other Baby Capsules
Know better, choose better.
I bought this capsule as I needed something to fit my Nuna Pepp stroller as I really wanted a travel system so I did not disturb my baby too much taking her in and out of the car and out and about.
These travel systems work really well and are very easy to use. They also feel very secure and safe for my baby, who was quite tiny.
I have used and still use car seats for my other children but really like the convenience of this capsule for my newest edition.
The insert wore out sooner than I expected but I put a hug a babe in it and that ...worked really well for me. She will outgrow it soon but I have enjoyed using it and no doubt my baby has enjoyed being left to sleep soundly and safely. I will miss the convenience when the time comes to revert to a normal car seat. Convenient and easy to use
Questions & Answers
I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t
Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks
Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : firstname.lastname@example.org and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.
Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks
The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.
- Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
- ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
- Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
- Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
- Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
- Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
- ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
- Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
- Luxurious machine washable cover.
- Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.
What reviewers thought
They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.
|Category||Baby Capsules||Baby Capsules|
|Maximum Age||6 months||6 months|
|Dimensions||760 x 440 x 630 mm||760 x 440 x 630 mm|
|Colour / Finish||Devoted Black||Devoted Black|
|Weight||4.3 kg||4.3 kg|
|Manufacturer Warranty||10 year(s)||10 year(s)|
Visit official website
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.