Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

LeahDarling Downs, QLD

Great Capsule!

We have found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for our baby. It was easy to click in and out of the car, easy to attach to our Redsbaby Metro2 pram (with the adapters) and easy to keep clean. Used for approximately 5 months with baby number 1 and will be using again for baby number 2

Purchased in August 2018 at Kidsafe for $299.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Leah, we are excited to hear that you had a great experience using our Mico AP for baby number one and that you will also get to use it for baby number 2. Thanks, Maxi-Cosi team

Suzi Q

Suzi QSouth East Queensland, QLD

So good, easily fits in and out of the pram with one click.

This was a great capsule. Our baby slept really well in it, and you could easily click it out of the car, without waking the baby, and place it in the bugaboo pram.

Purchased at Baby Baby Online.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Suzi, Great to hear that you love your Mico AP.

zahra a.

zahra a.South Australia

Love it.

This is a very affordable and comfortable baby sit. Its easy adjusted and cleaned easily. I have bought this product in May and still in great condition and dont have any issue with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Baby Online for $199.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Zahra, We are so happy that you love your Mico AP.
All the best, Maxi-Cosi

bob t.

bob t.South East Queensland, QLD

Most comfortable seat for the little ones to take a nap.

Far better than our young mans previous seat. Much better angles for leaning back for a nap. Our little man loves it. When he is so quiet sleeping, us too.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bubs n Grubs for $229.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Bob, Thank you for sharing your review. We love hearing that your little man is able to relax and sleep in his Mico AP. Maxi-Cosi Team

SStrac

SStracGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this capsule. Saves me waking the baby to get out of the car all the time

Pros
1. I take this out of the car all the time and it’s simple to attach to the car. I usually carry it.
2. Easy to clean as you just take the cover off and put it in the washing machine
3. Handle is useful
4. Easy to get installed from certified person

Cons
1. I think baby actually prefers the car seat in our other car
2. I have adapters for a bugaboo and I find it difficult to get on the right angle (it’s not the same angle as in the car.
3. It’s quite large so the seat in front of it in my car has to be quite forward and there’s not much room in the front seat (ford focus)

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $235.00.

Scrimpymummy

Scrimpymummycaloundra west

Fantastic Car Seat

This Maxi-Cosy car seat was a complimentary addition to the pram bundle that I purchased from Baby Bunting. It did a fantastic job for the first 6months. It was safe and secure for my little one and gave me peace of mind in those early months. It is on the more expensive side, especially as it is only a capsule for the first 6months, but it is a very high quality baby capsule. It was very convenient that I could use it as a baby carrier and use the adaptors to put it on the pram as well, to prevent disturbing the little one.

Beth

BethMelbourne

So convenient

The maxi cosy AP was a lifesaver. It was so handy to get around and not have to get the baby in and out constantly. Super easy if your just running in somewhere. Fits on the pram perfectly!
The only negative is the shade cover needs to come down a bit lower.

Chantel

Chantel

Can’t live without

I rented a Maxi Cosi AP with my daughter and used it all the time. It clicks into my pram so it’s so easy to get baby in and out of the car and transfer them while sleeping. When we were expecting our second it was one of the first items we went out to buy.

FMR

FMRCanberra

Good for big babies

I use this capsule daily in the car and clip it onto my baby jogger pram. Very easy to use. Fits big babies (my 97th%ile boys fit in it until 6 months).

Great being able to just park a sleeping baby under a table or plug straight from car to pram or vice versa. Easy to install.

Fantastic

Great capsule. Used it from birth for our daughter. One lever at the back for easy release of capsule from base. Very sturdy carry handle. Great canopy for shade. Easy to install when we would swap the capsule between our 2 cars (we used isofix which was so so easy). Was nice and snug for our daughter which I found reassuring. I read some reviews saying that it was too tight for their children. Each to their own but I prefer my child to be safe and snug - it’s not called a child restraint for nothing. my daughter was a bigger bubba and I still thought it was great!! we used the Redsbaby pram and again the adapters were very simple to use.
Overall great car capsule.

Emmal w

Emmal wEmerald

Best decision to buy when expecting a baby

Having this Capsule made my life an absolute breeze with a newborn, easy to install the base and very simple to carry capsule to and from the car to house or into the pram. My pram was comparable once I got adapters, which aren’t expensive, cosy for bub and very secure for them.

Jemma L

Jemma L

Great capsule.

We hired the Maxi Cosi Mico AP when we had our son. It’s a great capsule. It’s really easy to get in and out of the car, it’s light to carry (even when Bub is in it), it’s compatible with our Redsbaby pram and our car (fitted with isofix). It was easy to install utilising the isofix plug in our car. Our little one sleeps in it quite regularly so it must be comfortable for him! The only thing I don’t like about it is it’s quite large when it’s on the back seat so the front passenger ends up sitting on top of the airbag with not a lot of leg space. Overall, still a very good capsule.

Michymonkey

MichymonkeyPerth

Awesome lightweight capsule

This was the first carrier we had for our bubs. Easy to install. A bit hard to take out if you have a small car. Awesome thing is the bubs fits nice and snug in there and we don't have to wake him getting in and out of the car. Even though the capsule being the lightest on the market once the baby passes 3 months it becomes quite heavy to carry. The pull over cover fabric comes off easily at the end but not a biggy. We bought adapters for this capsule to put it on top of our city mini pram.

Sam C

Sam CBrisbane

Fantastic

I bought the maxi cost AP limited edition for my second bub and it has been one of my best purchases. I have to do school pick up and drop off with my eldest and I simply click the capsule into my pram and off I go. The best thing is I DONT NEED TO WAKE THE BABY. Which in my opinion is priceless! The limited edition is especially great as it comes with the gold fold down sun protector and magnets to hold the straps out (which are the best!). The capsule is really easy to get in and out of the car and relatively easy to carry if needed. Anyone who doesn’t get a capsule I think are NUTS.

Anne D.

Anne D.Penrith

Fantastic baby capsule

Very easy to install and use on a daily basis. Conveniently this capsule is compatible with Redsbaby prams so the capsule can be transferred straight into the pram. Easy to carry but is quite heavy compared to other capsules. Only negative is the obvious - can only be used until approx 6 months, otherwise a great capsule!

angrykate

angrykateGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

I bought this capsule for when my son was born and it has been fantastic! Easy to install the base in the car with the added safety of the iso fix system. Easy to put the baby in and adjust the straps as well as clip into my pram. So perfect when the baby has fallen asleep to transfer them!

Kellie

KellieBrisbane

Easy to use.

Easy to use and simple to pull in different out of car. Made life with a newborn much easier. Got the seat installed professionally to start with but easy to install ourselves if needed after that. I felt confident knowing that our baby was safe. My only criticism is that I would want to use it beyond the 3-4 months we did.

Emma.W

Emma.W

Loved this capsule

Very easy to install and a nice roomy capsule for Bub. Was easy to fit to my city select premier with the adapters. Was great to transport my baby about for school and daycare drop offs. Easy to remove the covers for cleaning. Wish my son didn't grow as fast as he did so I could still be using it. I don't have a negative as this capsule was worth every cent

Denise F

Denise FSydney

Good quality capsule that goes straight from the car to the pram

I have used this capsule with my last two babies and has been very convenient. I used it with my joolz pram which i got the adaptors from someone on gumtree which means i dont need to wake my baby up if she is asleep in the car and we are out.

Jade

JadeMelbourne

Love the maxi cosi capsule

I love this capsule, it’s so convenient with a newborn. I used it with my bugaboo buffalo purchasing the adapters from baby bunting, it meant I didn’t have to disturb my baby getting her in and out of the car for short trips to the shops etc. Fits well in my car and isofox was a bonus.

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP