Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

LeahDarling Downs, QLD

Great Capsule!

We have found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for our baby. It was easy to click in and out of the car, easy to attach to our Redsbaby Metro2 pram (with the adapters) and easy to keep clean. Used for approximately 5 months with baby number 1 and will be using again for baby number 2

Purchased in August 2018 at Kidsafe for $299.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Leah, we are excited to hear that you had a great experience using our Mico AP for baby number one and that you will also get to use it for baby number 2. Thanks, Maxi-Cosi team

Amara89
Amara89Sydney

Not a fan

My son absolutely hates being in this capsule as it makes him really hot, he cries while seated in it and comes out all sweaty I wish they would improve on the fabric and make it more breathable (moisture wicking) and better suited to the weather conditions during the Australian summer season. The only thing I like about this is that fact that IF he does fall asleep then I can carry him without disturbing him and that it clicks into our pram (redsbaby jive2). Also the handle clips being on either end is a nuisance I would be awesome if it was in the middle of the handle instead

Purchased in September 2019.

Suzi Q
Suzi QSouth East Queensland, QLD

So good, easily fits in and out of the pram with one click.

This was a great capsule. Our baby slept really well in it, and you could easily click it out of the car, without waking the baby, and place it in the bugaboo pram.

Purchased at Baby Baby Online.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Suzi, Great to hear that you love your Mico AP.

zahra a.
zahra a.South Australia

Love it.

This is a very affordable and comfortable baby sit. Its easy adjusted and cleaned easily. I have bought this product in May and still in great condition and dont have any issue with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Baby Online for $199.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Zahra, We are so happy that you love your Mico AP.
All the best, Maxi-Cosi

bob t.
bob t.South East Queensland, QLD

Most comfortable seat for the little ones to take a nap.

Far better than our young mans previous seat. Much better angles for leaning back for a nap. Our little man loves it. When he is so quiet sleeping, us too.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bubs n Grubs for $229.00.

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Bob, Thank you for sharing your review. We love hearing that your little man is able to relax and sleep in his Mico AP. Maxi-Cosi Team

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Elizabeth K.
Elizabeth K.

Great compact seat

Unfortunately I don’t think my child is very comfortable, no doubt due to the fabric used. He gets really sweaty and long trips are a nightmare. They should make the cover fabric more breathable if it’s at all possible

Purchased in March 2018 at Baby & Toddler Town for $450.00.

Maxi-Cosi team memberMaxi-Cosi

Hi Elizabeth, Can I please ask you contact our customer service team on customerservice@dorel.com.au so they may help you. Kind regards, Megan

Jocelyn P.
Jocelyn P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Complicated and confusing to install

From the moment I bought this I thought my newborn will be the safest and most comfortable. Installing and adjusting is so complicated, I recommend you have professionally installed and take notes or record the professionals on how to adjust it. A bit pricey but didn’t matter as long as it’s safe. Buy man it took years off me trying to install and adjust, and yes my partner also tried.

Also, if you’re petite and carrying an approximately 3-4 kilo capsule plus your newborn... god help me if she was more than 6 months... it’s impossible to carry. I have an uppababy vista that can have the capsule placed on it but haven’t had the chance to buy the adapters to connect it.

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting for $350.00.

SStrac
SStracGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this capsule. Saves me waking the baby to get out of the car all the time

Pros
1. I take this out of the car all the time and it’s simple to attach to the car. I usually carry it.
2. Easy to clean as you just take the cover off and put it in the washing machine
3. Handle is useful
4. Easy to get installed from certified person

Cons
1. I think baby actually prefers the car seat in our other car
2. I have adapters for a bugaboo and I find it difficult to get on the right angle (it’s not the same angle as in the car.
3. It’s quite large so the seat in front of it in my car has to be quite forward and there’s not much room in the front seat (ford focus)

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $235.00.

mowerman
mowermanWestern District, VIC

Handy capsule but could be improved

Purchased in December 2018 at Amazon for $240.00.

Scrimpymummy
Scrimpymummycaloundra west

Fantastic Car Seat

This Maxi-Cosy car seat was a complimentary addition to the pram bundle that I purchased from Baby Bunting. It did a fantastic job for the first 6months. It was safe and secure for my little one and gave me peace of mind in those early months. It is on the more expensive side, especially as it is only a capsule for the first 6months, but it is a very high quality baby capsule. It was very convenient that I could use it as a baby carrier and use the adaptors to put it on the pram as well, to prevent disturbing the little one.

Sam B
Sam BMelbourne

Nice and light

Nice and light weight - great for going from the car to the pram without disturbing baby. Definitely worthwhile to get the clips to convert to the pram.
Not something that I would leave the baby sleeping in at home for long though. Good to store for future babies to get moneys worth.

Lianne
LianneTerrigal

Great for those first few months

I had this for bubs and was so handy to be able to transfer bubs in/out of car and onto pram easily. Saves disturbing the baby. However bubs out grew by 4 months and we had to get a new seat which is more expense so early. We have for bubs 2 at least. Bubs was ready to move into another seat too as they are only small.

Beth
BethMelbourne

So convenient

The maxi cosy AP was a lifesaver. It was so handy to get around and not have to get the baby in and out constantly. Super easy if your just running in somewhere. Fits on the pram perfectly!
The only negative is the shade cover needs to come down a bit lower.

Chantel
Chantel

Can’t live without

I rented a Maxi Cosi AP with my daughter and used it all the time. It clicks into my pram so it’s so easy to get baby in and out of the car and transfer them while sleeping. When we were expecting our second it was one of the first items we went out to buy.

Lana
LanaSydney, NSW

Very good - also very good brackets that fit in with any pram

Very good capsule. My baby slept like a log in it. Also very good to get brackets for your pram and you just snap the pram in and off you go. Very good. Would recommend to any new parents. Makes the trasporation of baby from car to pram seemless!!!!! Just fantastic

Kristyn N.
Kristyn N.asked
Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.
Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.
Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $549.00$529.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 6 months6 months
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black