Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 3 of 7)

Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Jade

JadeMelbourne

Love the maxi cosi capsule

I love this capsule, it’s so convenient with a newborn. I used it with my bugaboo buffalo purchasing the adapters from baby bunting, it meant I didn’t have to disturb my baby getting her in and out of the car for short trips to the shops etc. Fits well in my car and isofox was a bonus.

Ashley

Ashley

Easy to use

Great capsule, not too heavy and easy to take out of car. We are very happy with our purchase and would recommend it to other parents. The only thing that concerns us is that when our baby falls asleep, his head often falls forward in the seat which isn’t great for oxygen flow but I think this is the case for all capsules not just the maxi cosi.

Harry

HarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Perfect buy

I bought this a month ago. Its major advantages are that it can be put in a pram (however the pram requires adapters if its not a maxi cosi branded pram) and then when in the car it can be clicked in to the car seat base. Overall i think its very useful and handy to have.

Kai

KaiPerth

Baby doesn't wake up in this!

Been using this for 10 months now. Also Bought the adapter for our baby jogger pram.
Overall good but could be better designed as described below:

Cons: putting the capsule onto the pram adapters is quite tricky often you will miss.
Pulling the strap that is secured over the top is quite hard to secure and unsecure.
Pros: younger babies don't wake up so easily but after 8 months our boy gets woken up easy when transfering him from arm to seat. Lucky for us our baby still barely fits in the capsule at 8 months. Great to use if we go out at night.
**Capsule can be a rocker too!

Martin

MartinMelbourne

Good car seat for our young twins

Maxi cosi car seats ate not very heavy to carry, but because we have a twin we need to carry two of them, then it’s a bit hard to carry. So we also bought a adapter for bugaboo donkey duo pram, it turns out to be quite well when we use them, although they make the pram become harder to go through a standard door.
They are easy to install in a car and easy to remove.
Our twins seem to love sleeping on the car seats so we love them so much

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Ash

AshSydney

Great for bub!

Easy to use capsule. I blindly trusted the reviews for it and i wasn't disappointed. Bub sleeps through the smallest car journeys. even handles 40 deg days (with air con of course) nicely. The adaptors are a bit fiddly for the pram but manageable. embarking and disembarking from the car is usually a matter of a few minutes. Cant recommend this highly enough!

royboy

royboyMelbourne

Great product

Very easy to carry, compatible with pram (redsbaby pram with special attachment) and car (2016 subaru with ISOfix option), very easy to install with video instructions online, however our capsule was professionally installed, and can carry sleeping baby straight from car to house so much easier. Baby sleeps comfortably and nicely in it.

Renee J

Renee JHobart, TAS

Good but has some negatives

Easy to install and our premature baby fits securely. It is easy to carry although quite heavy even with a small baby. The strap to secure it to the car (over the top of the capsule) is quite hard to connect and I also fear that if I accidentally let go, the metal buckle will hit my child.

LBTX

LBTXPerth

Good product but quite heavy

This is a great capsule in terms of build quality and performance. Downside is it's quite heavy and only just fits in my car (mazda cx5).

Before buying one ensure the backseat of your car has enough room behind the drivers seat - probably better to buy a smaller capsule if you have a small or medium size car.

lines

linesAU

Great car seat

Bought this to go with my pram for easy when baby is asleep and to much to fiddle with getting her in and out. Negatives are it is actually a bit fiddly putting her in and out because of the handle and the anchor point belt - we bought the isofix base because we thought it didn't need the extra belt over the seat but alas, so we have several times had to wriggle her in and out, however once she is in she is nice and secure and the seat was easy to install and feels very safe. Also doesn't weigh too much! Probably a little on the smaller size, but my baby is six months and still using it so not too bad!

MitchR

MitchRBrisbane

Life saver

Fantastic capsule, so easy to use & clips straight into my pram. The installation is pretty simple, we have both isofix and standard models. Standard model required a bit of a strong push but it's great to keep the baby sleeping whilst you're moving from home to car to pram.

EPandNP

EPandNPMelbourne

Great choice with #2

Decided to get a capsule for ease with baby number 2 and it was a great decision. So easy to unclick the capsule from the car when we out at the toddler’s activities. The capsule itself is easy to use and buckle up. Having the tether strap is annoying and can weigh down the hood.

The biggest negative is that we paid the extra for the isofix model however when it was installed at baby bunting (where we purchased it) they said there is some problem with the base and fittings that means it is less secure if attached with the isofix points so they don’t do it that way. Apparently the baby bunting staff know this and should have told us so we didn’t spend extra money for no reason.

Lei

LeiSydney

Makes life so much easier

This capsule has been so useful for me. I can get the baby comfortable in the house and carry him straight to the car. If we get somewhere and he's asleep I just leave him in his seat and attach him to the bugaboo pram or if I'm just running into the shops. It's great for when I get home as I just take the capsule straight inside. I had the capsule professionally installed at Baby bunting. I will say it is a little heavy once the baby is in to carry it for a distance. I don't like how loud the the handle clicks into place as it wakes the baby. The quality is great.

Getal KTR

Getal KTRBurwood

Easy to use and looks great

Absolutely love the fabric and the cute head support. Baby sleeps nicely in it. Capsule was professionally fitted. Yes, I know it's Isofix, but it's always better to be fitted properly. The capsule fits easily on the base and simple to connect the teether strap. Also, quick to put into my pram. Canopy can be improved. The pocket for the teether strap is also quite hidden.

Mellzy

Mellzy

Couldn’t have survived without

These capsules are a god send. I had twins and couldn’t have survived without them. They made getting in and out of the car so much easier. My babies were always so comfy in them they’d fall asleep so well and then the capsule would perfectly fit on my bugaboo pram. They are also safe and I would highly recommend to any new parent.

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $549.00$529.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 6 months6 months
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black