Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 4 of 7)

Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Bree
BreeCairns

Great but is quite heavy!

Great capsule however the negative for me is that its very heavy. I can only carry it very short distances i.e (from car to inside house). Its compatable with my redsbaby pram so that is a great feature for me however living in FNQ the.capsule gets very hot and my son has been very sweaty on occasions. We have the isofix model and My husband said it was very easy to install!

Mel.S
Mel.S

Practical!

We have used our maxi cosi a few times now after our son was born a couple weeks ago. We're finding it very easy to use getting him in and out of the car and attaching him onto my RedsBaby Pram making transitions from car to Pram a breeze!
The only negatives are how heavy it is to carry, and our little one is only just 3kgs, and the storage for the straps which go over the capsule in the car, the pocket is difficult to access and use and we find we have to be extra careful that it doesn't accidentally drop and hit our baby when getting it back out.

O.Pl
O.Pl

Nice capsule

I honestly only used maxi cos I capsule so I can't compare but I guess most of them are not light to lift normally. I purchased all black. Love the design. Easy to clean and handle but my baby didn't like it at all. I was planning to use for about a year but couldn't even last half a year since she cried so much. Once she's in a big car seat, she's happy but I assume she just wanted forward faced.. It looked a bit squashy even though she was a premmie.. It is totally up to babies. I generally enjoyed using the capsule.

Emma J
Emma JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for transition from car to anywhere!

This capsule was a life saver. When the newborn fell asleep in the car I was able to take her straight from the car still in the capsule and pop her onto the pram with adaptors or bring her into the house without getting her out of the capsule and risking her waking up.

Cassandra B
Cassandra BSydney, NSW

Great pram and compatible with our stroller

Our Maxi-Cosi that we purchased is easy to use, affordable and works as a great travel system with our baby jogger stroller.
The carrier can fit up to a 6 month old (approx) and is nice and snug/safe.
We also had the iso bars installed for an easy installation into our car.
Lightweight and simple making it easy for mums on the go

The best baby products in 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-best-baby-products-in-2020
Bianca wilt60
Bianca wilt60Brisbane

Sooo handy

It is so handy having this. I love the fact that I can clip the capsule straight from the pram and clip it in the car so that bun doesn't wake up and I can head out to the gym. Crazy if you don't get at least a clip capsule/pram combo even if it isn't this one.

Becksus
BecksusMelbourne

Small yet sturdy

This capsule fits into our car with no issues as well as onto our Bugaboo bee 5. Initially we struggled with adaptors for the stroller but realised you could use the one meant for the Bee 3. This capsule is super easy to install in a car and a really good size for a newborn bub.

Triin Nigul
Triin NigulBrisbane

Great car seat for INFANTS!

Amazingly easy and cute capsule! Been very handy for the first months. My baby is 3 months and I'm sure in a month he is outgrown it. One more thing, it is a bit stiff, the paddings are not so soft. So for 3 -4 months its a great buy!

Lazybedfan
LazybedfanPeregian Beach

Excellent product

We purchased the Maxi cosi with Iso fix. It is so easy to install. We also have a bugaboo pram and the adaptors to put the capsule on to the bugaboo pram so we do not have to wake our little one if she is asleep and we just need to run some errands etc.

Sammy L
Sammy L

Great seat

The capsule is easy to install and very versatile. We have the car seat mounts and the stroller base so you don't have to remove the child from the capsule when transferring to the car. The infant insert allows it to be used from the hospital ward. It seems safe enough, just make sure that you get additional strapping and clips when installing in a car.

ctarts
ctartsSydney

excellent capsule

i chose this capsule as it fits into my baby jogger city select pram and the lady said it was one of the more popular capsules. its simple to click into pram and into car. its sturdy, secure and baby looks comfortable in it. this is a must for new mums in my opinion!

Wonderwomanj
WonderwomanjBrisbane

Good price for midrange capsule

Bought this from Baby Bunting prior to the birth of our second child. The price for the mid range model was about $150 less than other baby stores. After playing around it appears that it will be easy to remove and attach to our pram. Easy to install and ready for baby to arrive.

Chlo
ChloMelbourne

Very Handy!!

This is great and has been very useful for our now 5 week old. The capsule is easy to carry and is compatible with most Prams. The one we have is the icandy. This is very easy to use as it clicks into the dock quite easy and the seat belt is also easy to adjust. Once tighten it feels very secure and with all the extra cushioning around this is very comfortable for baby.

MelT
MelTMelbourne

Good car seat

My daughter loves this capsule! Sometimes I just tote her around in it if we're on a short outing. Fits well with our Bugaboo Bee pram.

It's very sturdy, however do take note that it can be a little heavy especially with a growing baby in it! Mechanisms are very easy to use, clicks into place securely and releases easily.

Torres
TorresSouth East Queensland, QLD

Allowed My Baby & I To Get From A to B in Comfort, Safety & Style

Highly recommend this infant carrier for any new parent that is always out and about. I used this for my son and although it does have a shorter life than other car restraints in the same class, it was a necessity for me and my family. It was great being able to put baby in the car and drive to where we needed, and clip straight into our Bugaboos - all without waking baby. Our little one never sweat in the seat, thanks to the moisture wick ing fabric. We also had the spare base in our second car so no matter where we were going, we would get there in comfort, safety and style.

Kristyn N.
Kristyn N.asked
Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.
Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.
Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
CategoryBaby CapsulesBaby Capsules
Price (RRP) $549.00$529.00
Minimum Age NewbornNewborn
Maximum Age 6 months6 months
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black