Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 2 of 3)

Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Ashley

Ashley

Easy to use

Great capsule, not too heavy and easy to take out of car. We are very happy with our purchase and would recommend it to other parents. The only thing that concerns us is that when our baby falls asleep, his head often falls forward in the seat which isn’t great for oxygen flow but I think this is the case for all capsules not just the maxi cosi.

Martin

MartinMelbourne

Good car seat for our young twins

Maxi cosi car seats ate not very heavy to carry, but because we have a twin we need to carry two of them, then it’s a bit hard to carry. So we also bought a adapter for bugaboo donkey duo pram, it turns out to be quite well when we use them, although they make the pram become harder to go through a standard door.
They are easy to install in a car and easy to remove.
Our twins seem to love sleeping on the car seats so we love them so much

Ash

AshSydney

Great for bub!

Easy to use capsule. I blindly trusted the reviews for it and i wasn't disappointed. Bub sleeps through the smallest car journeys. even handles 40 deg days (with air con of course) nicely. The adaptors are a bit fiddly for the pram but manageable. embarking and disembarking from the car is usually a matter of a few minutes. Cant recommend this highly enough!

royboy

royboyMelbourne

Great product

Very easy to carry, compatible with pram (redsbaby pram with special attachment) and car (2016 subaru with ISOfix option), very easy to install with video instructions online, however our capsule was professionally installed, and can carry sleeping baby straight from car to house so much easier. Baby sleeps comfortably and nicely in it.

MitchR

MitchRBrisbane

Life saver

Fantastic capsule, so easy to use & clips straight into my pram. The installation is pretty simple, we have both isofix and standard models. Standard model required a bit of a strong push but it's great to keep the baby sleeping whilst you're moving from home to car to pram.

Getal KTR

Getal KTRBurwood

Easy to use and looks great

Absolutely love the fabric and the cute head support. Baby sleeps nicely in it. Capsule was professionally fitted. Yes, I know it's Isofix, but it's always better to be fitted properly. The capsule fits easily on the base and simple to connect the teether strap. Also, quick to put into my pram. Canopy can be improved. The pocket for the teether strap is also quite hidden.

Mellzy

Mellzy

Couldn’t have survived without

These capsules are a god send. I had twins and couldn’t have survived without them. They made getting in and out of the car so much easier. My babies were always so comfy in them they’d fall asleep so well and then the capsule would perfectly fit on my bugaboo pram. They are also safe and I would highly recommend to any new parent.

Emma J

Emma JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect for transition from car to anywhere!

This capsule was a life saver. When the newborn fell asleep in the car I was able to take her straight from the car still in the capsule and pop her onto the pram with adaptors or bring her into the house without getting her out of the capsule and risking her waking up.

Cassandra B

Cassandra BSydney, NSW

Great pram and compatible with our stroller

Our Maxi-Cosi that we purchased is easy to use, affordable and works as a great travel system with our baby jogger stroller.
The carrier can fit up to a 6 month old (approx) and is nice and snug/safe.
We also had the iso bars installed for an easy installation into our car.
Lightweight and simple making it easy for mums on the go

Bianca wilt60

Bianca wilt60Brisbane

Sooo handy

It is so handy having this. I love the fact that I can clip the capsule straight from the pram and clip it in the car so that bun doesn't wake up and I can head out to the gym. Crazy if you don't get at least a clip capsule/pram combo even if it isn't this one.

Becksus

BecksusMelbourne

Small yet sturdy

This capsule fits into our car with no issues as well as onto our Bugaboo bee 5. Initially we struggled with adaptors for the stroller but realised you could use the one meant for the Bee 3. This capsule is super easy to install in a car and a really good size for a newborn bub.

Lazybedfan

LazybedfanPeregian Beach

Excellent product

We purchased the Maxi cosi with Iso fix. It is so easy to install. We also have a bugaboo pram and the adaptors to put the capsule on to the bugaboo pram so we do not have to wake our little one if she is asleep and we just need to run some errands etc.

Sammy L

Sammy L

Great seat

The capsule is easy to install and very versatile. We have the car seat mounts and the stroller base so you don't have to remove the child from the capsule when transferring to the car. The infant insert allows it to be used from the hospital ward. It seems safe enough, just make sure that you get additional strapping and clips when installing in a car.

ctarts

ctartsSydney

excellent capsule

i chose this capsule as it fits into my baby jogger city select pram and the lady said it was one of the more popular capsules. its simple to click into pram and into car. its sturdy, secure and baby looks comfortable in it. this is a must for new mums in my opinion!

Chlo

ChloMelbourne

Very Handy!!

This is great and has been very useful for our now 5 week old. The capsule is easy to carry and is compatible with most Prams. The one we have is the icandy. This is very easy to use as it clicks into the dock quite easy and the seat belt is also easy to adjust. Once tighten it feels very secure and with all the extra cushioning around this is very comfortable for baby.

MelT

MelTMelbourne

Good car seat

My daughter loves this capsule! Sometimes I just tote her around in it if we're on a short outing. Fits well with our Bugaboo Bee pram.

It's very sturdy, however do take note that it can be a little heavy especially with a growing baby in it! Mechanisms are very easy to use, clicks into place securely and releases easily.

Jamie Towers

Jamie TowersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Allowed My Baby & I To Get From A to B in Comfort, Safety & Style

Highly recommend this infant carrier for any new parent that is always out and about. I used this for my son and although it does have a shorter life than other car restraints in the same class, it was a necessity for me and my family. It was great being able to put baby in the car and drive to where we needed, and clip straight into our Bugaboos - all without waking baby. Our little one never sweat in the seat, thanks to the moisture wick ing fabric. We also had the spare base in our second car so no matter where we were going, we would get there in comfort, safety and style.

Matthew B

Matthew BMelbourne

Very convenient

I was hesitant at first to make this purchase as it is an expense that has limited shelf life. However after some research I had seen the resale on these items are quite good. So we gave it a go. It has been excellent, easy to set up and use. We opted for two bases as this has made transition from cars very simple also we got connectors for our pram which made in and out even easier without waking the little one. Not a necessity however this capsule will make one of the harder things (travel with baby) far easier.

Nikki

NikkiMelbourne

Be lost without it!

Easy to remove from car & install. Light weight & compatible with a huge range of prams. Removable cover to wash is a plus. Easy to adjust straps as the child grows. Option to buy extra bases makes it easy to swap between cars. Would be lost without this capsule

Beth

Beth

Good baby capsule

It clicks nicely and easily into the base in the car, I found the tether clip easy to hook on but tricky to get out of the hook initially (but I imagine they would all be like that) my husband found it fine though. Fits nicely onto my Joolz Geo pram with adaptors. I got it professionally installed for safety. Baby is nicely tucked up in the cosy padding and always falls asleep in it. I have quite a long baby so she is already in the top harness slot and I think she will reach the max height shoulder line by 4-5 months old. Edit: She actually made 6 months in the capsule, which I was really pleased about and found the tether clip got a lot easier to use over time. Very pleased with this capsule.

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP