Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP (page 3 of 3)

Isofix, Non Isofix

Pros

• Extra head support

• Lightweight and comfortable

• Compatible with many strollers

Cons

• Installation can be fiddly

• Safety
  • Ease of Installation
  • Ease of Carrying

Great capsule. Doesn't worth buying though. We hired it and saved a lot of money!

We hired capsule from Hire for Baby and we really loved it.
Thats a great idea of renting it instead of buying cause our baby grown out of it after 4 months. We saved so much money.
Capsule is light, was compatible with my pram so I found it very easy to use.

Nicky

Nicky

So pleased I made this purchase

The capsule was the lightest on the market and is easy to carry. It was easy to install and easy to get in and out of the car and pram ( I used the I-candy peach jogger). I am a busy mum of 4 and I needed to keep up with 2 school drop offs and after school activities with a 10 year old, 2 teenagers with my newborn. Getting the capsule in and out multiple times during the day. The capsule was light and easy to carry around. I did not need to wake my newborn trying to keep up with our busy life. Our newborn was kept out of the weather with the use of the capsule. We are so pleased with our purchase and would recommend this capsule.

Mel

Mel

Love this

Purchased in conjunction with a pram to use as a travel system. Love this capsule. Very simple and easy to put in and out of car and take on and off pram. Easy to take all covers off for washing. This was the 2nd infant seat I used, my baby hated the first one and cried in it constantly but she loves this one.only disapointed that we grew out of it before 6 months as my daughter is long for her age. Very stylish looking, strangers were always complimenting and commenting on it. I wish they would make a bigger one that would last till 12 months as I'm really missing the ease this gave me of moving sleeping Bub without disturbing her. Highly recommend. worth every cent and the best baby purchase I have made

Kylie2182

Kylie2182MElbourne

Worth every cent!

The maxi-cosi capsule has been worth every cent. Our baby absolutely loves it. She is very comfortable in there and happily falls asleep when we are in the car our out walking. The convenience of clipping into straight into the pram from the car has also meant that we don't have to disturb her. I would highly recommend this product to any new parent. It is the best purchase we have made.

Leca

LecaSydney

Pram fitting

Hi I was wondering if I purchase a maxi cosy mico AP capsule will it fit in my icandy strawberry? Also will I have to buy separate parts for the pram. I bought the pram in 2013 so it's the old I can't strawberry pram not the new one. thank you

Prue

PrueTorquay VIC

Excellent capsule, couldn't live without it

I love our Maxi Cosi Mico AP Air Protect capsule, which I use in conjunction with our Quinny Moodd pram base. So easy to take in and out of the car, simple attachment to the pram, slots in securely and off we go. Can transfer him from car to pram without waking him, easily. I even use the capsule in the house to settle my baby, he's so snug in there he always falls asleep! In the first 2 weeks, it totally saved me. Highly recommended.

Rayxa

Rayxa

Life Changing

As a new mother I was sure that I didn't need a capsule and car seat would do. I was wrong. The Maxi Cost capsule was a life changer for us. My daughter was 4 weeks prem and absolutely hated the car seat. She would wake up to go in and out. The capsule changed everything, I can now move her whilst asleep in and out of the car as well as greater flexibility if I need to go out in general. With the adaptors it fits on my Joolz pram. Sometimes getting it on and off is a little stiff, but this slight irritation is nothing compared to the upside. Love it and would recommend to all new mums. We bought the Isofix version which made it easy to install in the car ourselves.

Maxi-Cosi
Kura A.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Rayxa,
We are so happy to hear about your experience with our Mico AP. We are very proud of the product and its abilities to help mothers just like you enjoy your new baby just that little bit more.

Charmaine

CharmaineMelbourne

Makes life so much easier. Love this Capsule!!!!!!!!

leiah

leiahGippsland, VIC

Worth the extra money

Loved this capsule, had a safe n sound unity also but found it wasn't as stable with the universal adapter on my babyjogger select. The maxi Cosi was easier to carry around and took up less space on the pram and in the car.

Juliana

JulianaMelbourne

Highly recommended

Of all the baby things we bought for our first child, this was the best purchase! Every time we put my baby girl in it, she just loves it. Whenever she is seated in it her expression is peaceful so I assume it must be very comfortable. Before too long she usually falls asleep in it, and then comes the best feature, that we don’t have to wake her up to put her into the pram bassinet, we just need to unclip the capsule from the car and clip it onto the pram. It works perfectly with my uppababy stroller, it’s really easy to carry. My brother who had his first baby 4 months before me regrets he didn’t buy one when he saw me using it with my baby girl.

OGmum

OGmumPerth

After hours of research this is just the best!! So glad we bought it!

Kim

Kimmelbourne

Sleep and Safe

Best buy ever mico maxi cosy baby capsule. Very good advice and presentation from the maxi cosy staff. 3 words: sleep sleep and sleep. My 3,5 months have never cried in her baby capsule! Recommending to everyone! Thank you [name removed] and especially [name removed] for passing on your passion about your brand.
Comfy and Safe

Fantastic!

I love my Maxi Cosi! It's my first baby, so maybe I'm being a bit precious, but I don't like to disturb her when she's sleeping. I can click it into the car and unclick it to get out without her ever waking up. It's just perfect! A lot of my friends have them too, and everyone I know seems to think they're great. They're pretty expensive, but so are lots of things these days.
don't have to wake your baby up to get it in and out of the car.

mehardy75

mehardy75AU

Worth every penny!

I never had a capsule with my first child but knew I had to have one with my second as you are in and out of the car all day, kindy, dancing, tennis. With a capsule you don't have to wake your sleeping baby you just carry them everywhere or click it onto the pram. It is honestly the best piece of equipment I have in the baby department ! The capsule is easy to carry and is really well padded .... Myself and a few other mothers call it the sleep cocoon!
Ease, very comfortable and safe for baby, looks good and clicks easily onto many prams

catwoman1

catwoman1VIC, 3941

Safe and So Versatile

I have borrowed this Maxi- Cosi Mico from a generous friend. I love the versatility of this unit. It's compatible with my Bugaboo Cameleon Pram which makes life so much easier being able to take it from the car and snap connect it to the pram without waking the baby up. Lots of hire companies stock the Maxi Cosi because of it's flexibility and function. I'm glad I was able to try before buying it's also given me time to investigate larger convertible car seats for when bub can sit unassisted. I recommend having the Maxi Cosi professionally fitted for extra peace of mind.
Light, Strong harnesses, Adaptability with a range of prams/strollers, Great side protection, Able to hire inexpensively rather than purchase outright.

Ness0411

Ness0411NSW, 2300

Loved not having to wake bub when getting her out of the car

The capsule was light and easy to clean. But my favorite aspect of this capsule was that, with adaptors, I could attach it to my bugaboo (and I believe it attaches to other prams/strollers too). I didn't have to wake my daughter when getting her in and out of the car. It does say that it is suitable for babies up to 9kg but my daughter was too long for it when she was 8kg.
Able to remove and wash fabric, light, able to use on pram so no need to wake baby.
At approx $400 it is expensive for only 6 months use.

Londonchick

LondonchickLondon

Brilliant car seat.

Great baby item, available so cheaply from ebay.

Covers are removable and washable- although the actual harnesses are not!

Love the fact that adaptors can be purchased to allow this car seat to be used with various prams/ buggies- such as Bugaboo, Quinny etc.

Also love the fact that bases can be purchased to allow it to be used more easily in the car!
Inexpensive, Safe, useful piece of baby kit!
Wish the harnesses were removable to wash!

Ra_Ra

Ra_Ra

Excellent great looking capsule for my big boy!!

Capsule is great looking and clicks straight onto my baby jogger without the extra bars etc! Got it on sale from babies r us for $320! My boy is on the 100th percentile for height and weight and is currently 8kg and 5months old and has HEAPS of room! Easy to wash and baby insert comes out to make a huge comfy seat!

Wish there was another set of higher holes for the straps as my bubs is tall so just have to make the straps longer to fit up and over his shoulders.

MummaMia55
MummaMia55

I think you will find that your baby is too big for the seat. Having the straps behind his shoulders and pulling them up and around to fit is rather dangerous and if you read the instruction manual it will tell you this.

Love it!

We have the Maxi Cosi which we connect into a Quinny Stroller. It was been brilliant! Baby is now 8 months old & nearing a change of car seat, I must say I will miss the Maxi Cosi. It has been so useful. Just unclick the capsule & pop it into the stroller and you're off. Great if bub has fallen asleep! Or if it's raining - so quick & easy. Also great to just carry the capsule too (e.g. if going into someone's home etc.) the capsule also rocks when on the ground...also useful if bub has fallen a sleep! All round a great buy - very happy with it.
Easy to use, simple to attach in car, or on stroller, light weight, comfy for baby.
Sometimes needed to check that seat had locked in properly.

pennyd

pennydAU

Best baby capsule

I bought the bugaboo pram and chose the maxi cosi car capsule as it fits to the pram without waking the baby
Light, easy to clip in and out of car and to the pram
You still need adapters for the pram that take are a little inconvenient

Kristyn N.

Kristyn N.asked

Mico AP

I am looking at a second hand maxi cosi mcm 2010 and Id like to know if its compatible with the baby jogger city tour lux pram. I’m having some issues finding information on which maxi cosi models will fit and which won’t

Leah
Leah

Looks like you can do Maxi Cosi or Nuna with these adapters: https://www.babykingdom.com.au/baby-jogger-city-tour-lux-adapter-for-maxi-cosi-and-nuna.html

Jess M.

Jess M.asked

Hi,
I have just purchased a Maxi Cosi Mico Ap capsule and have had it professionally installed in my car. I have a Mazda 6 and finding that the tether strap to loosen & tighten sits under/behind the head rest and I need to open my boot everything time I’m wanting to get it in and out the car.. is there a way of shortening the strap that is attached to the actual capsule?? Thanks

Maxi-Cosi
Customer S.Maxi-Cosi

Hi Jess, Thank you for contacting us. Please contact our customer service team on 1300 809 526 or email : customerservice@dorel.com.au and they can help you with troubleshooting any fitment or use related issues, Kind regards, Maxi Cosi - Team.

Julia E.

Julia E.asked

Hello, I am wondering if a 2018 base would fit a 2014 capsule? Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Maxi-Cosi representatives

Maxi-Cosi Mico AP

The comfortable premium fabrics and padded 5-point harness cover on this baby capsule from Maxi-Cosi keeps your baby secure and snug during car rides. The Cozi-Dozi head insert is perfect for infants since it provides extra support and protection to the head and neck area. Each Mico AP baby capsule comes complete with a multi-position sun canopy with a flip-out visor to help protect your baby’s sensitive eyes from bright lights.

Features

• Cozi-Dozi™ Infant Support: Provides better support and comfort for smaller babies.
  • ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric: This unique fabric, exclusive to Maxi Cosi, draws moisture away from your baby’s skin and allows air to flow in. This will allow your baby to stay cool even during the summer months.
  • Air Protect Revolutionary Side Impact Technology: Shield your child’s head from potential impact.
  • Integrated canopy: The integrated canopy protects your baby from different weather conditions when used as part of a travel system.
  • Padded belt mates: Helps prevent the twisting of straps, making it easier to take your newborn in and out of the baby capsule.
  • Travel System Compatible: Compatible with most of the strollers available in the Australian market. These include, but are not limited to, including Quinny, Maxi-Cosi, Silver Cross, Mamas & Papas, Bugaboo, Joolz, Stokke and Nuna.
  • ISOFIX: Comes in both ISOFIX and non-ISOFIX models to suit your vehicle.
  • Ergonomically designed reinforced carry handle giving you better comfort.
  • Luxurious machine washable cover.
  • Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base.

What reviewers thought

They found the Maxi-Cosi Mico AP capsule to be easy to use and comfortable for their children since they could transport them without waking them. It was easy to click in and out of the car, attach to a compatible pram and to keep clean. Sometimes, the fabric does not cool sufficiently on hot days, making them uncomfortable for babies.

Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP
Dimensions 760 x 440 x 630 mm760 x 440 x 630 mm
Colour / FinishDevoted BlackDevoted Black
Weight4.3 kg4.3 kg
Anchor System ISOFIX
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare both Maxi-Cosi Mico AP