Maxwell & Williams Microstoven

Maxwell & Williams Microstoven

See the Best Serveware in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Never had a problem with my round casserole

My round casserole with lid has been used many times for gas top cooking of rice-pudding - great - never sticks. Also used in the oven uncovered many, many times to roast my whole chickens (semi upright) and does a marvellous job. Never had a problem, easy to clean. I have owned this put for several years. I note that they are now quite hard to find - maybe some products were faulty and removed from sale??

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Reasonable cookware that looks nice until it breaks

Looks nice in the the shops. Works okay until it chips on the lightest impact or cracks when you use it on a hotplate. Two expensive casserole dishes now broken through reasonable use in line with the manufacturer's instructions. Not happy, and probably off warranty.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Helen Peake

Helen PeakeAU

Perfect ... really can't live without it !

I have had my Microstoven pot for eight years until I dropped it tonight. It has performed perfectly for the entire time and I really have to replace it ... and buy a couple more as well. So sorry for users who have had problems with the product as my experience has been faultless. I will re-review when I have put my new pots to work for a while.

Date PurchasedSep 2009

Very disappointed

Brought the chef du minds in December, always wanted one got the red of it, but it cracked in two once I put it in the oven... had a big mess to clean up, very disappointing... maxwell Williams you need to sort this out please...

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Tia

TiaSydney, NSW

Terrible smell

I loved my microstoven at first but now I get a terrible smell from it which permeates into everything cooked in it. Wished I had never bought it and I am about to toss in the garbage bin. Seemed to happen after I stewed some rhubarb in it on the stovetop - was OK before then.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Microstoven

I have a microstoven only used about 12 times.
Browning meat in it today and the bottom fell out whilst I was cooking on the stove. I was in disbelief that an expensive pot like this could do this. I have sent a complaint to Maxwell and Williams!!!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Anna1981

Anna1981Sydney, NSW

i have heard many good things about this bake ware. my husband gave this to me as a gift because i was hinting him to buy this for ages. basically, this is like an all purpose pot. i use on the stove to cook curries and the meat turns out to be very tender. also, i use it to bake as well.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Karen R

Karen RBrisbane

Breaks too easily

I was very excited when I bought 3 new Maxwell Williams oven-to-table-to-fridge bake ware dishes. On the FIRST use in the oven, the one dish cracked. I heard this bang and thought it may have been the pork crackling. When I took the cooked food out of the oven, I noticed the crack and the oil from the food had leaked all over my oven. I am taking these dishes back tomorrow for a refund. How sad, as this is the first time I have had an issue with Maxwell Williams products. I have noticed from the reviews that I am not the first one to complain about the dishes breaking in heat.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

I broke mine

I've had my red lasagna dish with the non-stick surface for years. I used it tonight and dropped it in the floor and broke it! I was online trying to find a replacement and came across all of these negative reviews. I'm sorry for the horrific experiences because mine was wonderful, I only have the pie plate left. I used mine on the oven to bake my meats and the I would use it on the stove to make my gravy and never had any bad experiences.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Indi

Good product until it cracked during cooking

I bought the lasagne/ baking dish three ago for its dual cooking purposes e g: stove top to oven. It had been working fine until this week when half way through cooking, the dish cracked! Two other friends I told had a similar thing happen. The microstoven product is not as multi functional as suggested.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

SugarbundiChristchurch

I would buy more of the same - Lasagna Dish

Amanda

Amanda

Loved it to start with, but non stick doesnt last

Kez C

Kez CAdelaide

terrible smell that now filters into my food

I bought the casserole dish two years ago, I don't use it that often. However, the last two times I have used it, there has been an offensive smell that I cant get rid off and now it's in my bolognese sauce. I seriously wont be using it again. I have only ever used it for simmering, so heat shouldn't have been an issue. anyone else has this?

RayWitt001

RayWitt001Melbourne

Excellent all purpose baker

Rachey

RacheyMelbourne

Great product

I've had this for a couple of years and love it. It works well on the stove for browning and then you can bung it straight into the oven for braising. We have gas so pretty hot and It has been fine. The non stick interior makes it super easy to clean
Versatile, great value, easy to use.
In general I find non-stick makes it hard to brown things properly.

Casserole Dish cracks on hotplate

Be very careful with these as I have two that were fine in the oven but cracked on the hotplate. Very disappointing as they seemed to be so versatile, particularly for caravans where space is at a premium. I have other Microstoven products which I will not put anywhere near a hotplate.
Light weight, easy to clean and works in oven and microwave
Not suitable for hotplates. There should be a warning about this.

margie51

margie51Vic, 3178

Watch your heat setting...

cornish1

cornish1MELBOURNE

Excellent Value and good quality

I have now purchased several Microstoven items. Fantastic in that it can be used on the stovetop as well as in the oven. Can't fault the product. It is extremely easy to clean as well as being dishwasher safe. Great range of colours also available. I did purchase whilst item was on sale.
Very easy to clean and good value

deensuleman
deensuleman

Absolute junk. Don't wast your money. Easily breakable and gives of some kind of chemical smell after a few washes as of the nonstick coating is coming off. Terrible

wisky
wisky

absolutley fantastic, great stuff!