Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn

Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn (page 2 of 2)

Cruiser 4500 Efi

I have a Landcruiser pick up and it's got a camper at the back. Together it weights 3.5 tons. I have Big Horns MT 762 on and did from Cape Town (South Africa) up to Zambia in to Angola and back 10 000km. Sand, Mud and rock the real african war roads you can get. I did 25 000km on the tyres on the monent. I run them O.3bar when the sand or mud gets very bad. That is very flat and not good for sidewalls. I did a lot of desert, sand and very bad rocky ereas as well. Not one flat tyre yet. I also had a lot of very good tyres in the past but I must say my next tyres will be Maxxis. I measured the tyres and with a heavy vechile it only worn 5mm. Exellent!!

0.3 bar (less than 5psi). Under a Cruiser that's impressive!

Perfect on and off road

Great price,not noisy on road and incredible grip off road on my hilux.given them a few good work outs and havnt disappointed once.now just waiting to see how many k"s I get out of them .big upgrade from the old cooper atr's .will b more than happy to buy again
    Reliable, quiet muddy

boycebag
    boycebag

Any problems with balance or uneven wear resulting in vibration after 20,000?

adf

adfAU

A mate changed to mickey thompsons got first blowout in years and was terrible in mud. Will keep on buying this tyre as it is perfect for me. Great in the mud and will carry heavy heavy loads in extreme conditions flat out.
    Great tyre for carrying loads in hot conditions. Been taking them to the territory for last few years with no punctures. Perfect for mud, slightly better than the buckshot in mud.
    Not so great on sand compared to other wider tyres which can be expected when comparing a 235 to a 265. Have to let pressure down and your OK, not the end of the world but annoying and time consuming.

4WD Tyres

tedAU

dunno270

dunno270

Bad

only suited for mud would never buy this brand again think i will fork out the extra $30 a tyre and stick with tyre i run on my dual cab Mickey Thompson MTZ 80,000km old and at half tread what a tyre
    great off road tyre no problems will handle all the mud you can throw at them
    road noise very loud and gets worse at 100kmh tyre wear is not good they dont like hot roads and lots of gravel driving im looking at getting about 30,000km

Good

Darran79
    Darran79

I am looking at getting the same size 255 65 17, just wondering how they perform in the sand? On a scale of 1 -10 (10 being worst) how would you rate the road noise?

Philthy

PhilthyGold coast

Great tyre

Ben
    Ben

Yes I found it very helpful.

Ty S.

Ty S.asked

I need a new set of front tyres for my front wheel drive Motorhome which is built on a Fiat Ducato Cab chasis. I have Maxxis on the rear but am not sure if they are suited for front wheels which are prone to slipping on grass surfaces

Roberto S.asked

How this will performs on my forester ?
    On 235/75r15

Crackers
    Crackers

I personally would not put this type of tyre on that car

Roberto S.

You could elaborate a little more on the answer. given that I'm evaluating installing that pneumatic measure, to get out of the tires rim 17

P V.
    P V.

Foresters are just an Impreza in a different dress. They aren't an off-road vehicle and the AWD system isn't designed in a way to handle what big heavy muddies have to offer. Just go with a decent all terrain like the Fallen Wildpeak'. You'll also run the risk of damage to the centre diff and the weak as rear diff, unless you upgrade to the R180 LSD found in the Gen4 Liberty 3.0R-B

steven

stevenasked

How do the side wall handle sticks,rocks etc has anyone experienced any issues in this area.

peed off
    peed off

Honestly they are ok but a little soft they need more tread on the side walls like the 4x4 TRA6873R especially in mud, the tread on the side also protects the tyre from sticks, rocks slashing them.

bertt
    bertt

I had one speared and penetrated through the wall by a twig about the diameter of a pencil. The tyre stayed up and got me home. I don't know how any other tyre would have managed in the circumstances.