Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400 Questions & Answers

106 questions from our users

Brian H.asked

I have had my Dolphin Supreme M4 for a few years and it has performed very well. It recently started passing fine material without filtering it out meaning after the cleaner comes out fine material (dust etc) settles back on the pool. It never use to do this, the pool would be spotless. I have purchased new ultra fine filters (twice now) and this hasn’t made a difference. I have checked the filters are fitted and installed properly so this doesn’t seem to be the problem. Can anyone give me some advice as to why this might be happening and how I can solve the problem?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning Brian. When filters show signs of not correctly filtering debris, they may be dirty or clogged and as a result, affect the robot’s ability to effectively filter debris. Filter cartridges are able to be soaked in cartridge cleaner or a mild dish-washing detergent and warm water to assist in the removal of in-grained debris. We also recommend a full water test for all chemistry levels to be checked and the pool balanced as required. There may also be build up present on the surfaces that may also be preventing the Dolphin from being able to efficiently clean them. For this, brush the surfaces down manually and the unit should then be able to maintain them on its own. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Brian H.

Thanks for the reply. The filters are brand new, twice now, cant understand how cleaning brand new filters would help. The water has been tested (regularly) and it’s fine. No build up on surfaces, in fact I can see the cleaner go over the dirty area and pick up the material off the floor, if it’s fine material (ie dust) it can then be seen coming out of the impeller. I brush the walls regularly. It seems to me it can only be two things:
1. The filters are passing fine material though them. They are new filters and this never use to happen so I am ruling this out.
2. Given the simple operation, that is the cleaner sucks water in and then through the filters and out the impeller, it would seem logical that somewhere along this sequence fine material is going through without getting filtered.
So can you please tell me where failures usually happen especially as the cleaner gets older. For example could it be the plastic filter holders aren’t sealing on the base of the machine or against the filter cartridges?
Thanks, looking forward to you reply.

Bill

Billasked

Is there a settings on the m400 to set to floor only or floor and walls

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bill. The Dolphin M400 does not have any settings that allow the robot's cleaning modes to be changed. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Deb

Debasked

Hi I have bought a dolphin s50. it was working fine now it won't brush the dirt off the bottom of the pool. I have to brush with a broom. filter is cleaned every time. it seem the brush is not picking it up. any suggestions ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Deb. For finer, debris, the ultra-fine filters are recommended. This filter type appears as small folds and is best suited for debris such as dust. The Dolphin S50 comes with a canister basket as standard of which is best suited for larger debris, such as leaves. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for more information regarding filter types.

Arthur

Arthurasked

I have a rectangular pool 10m x 5m and all the wall /floor corners are 90 degrees. Is the M400 suitable for this type of pool and the cleaner does not get stuck in corners?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Arthur. The Dolphin M400 is suited for pools up to and around twelve metres in length. Being a dual drive robot, it is able to manoeuvre in a variety of spaces. We do recommend a demonstration, however, to see how this robot could potentially function in your pool prior to its purchase. If you are interested in a demonstration, please visit us at https://book.mydolphin.com.au/ or call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

BSE

BSEasked

Which product is recommended to scrub walls and floor for a 28000 litre pebblecrete pool?

Good Morning BSE,
We have a number of models to suit your pool. To see which ones may be the best suited, please visit us at https://www.mydolphin.com.au/which-model-is-right-for-you/. There is also the option of booking a demonstration to see how a robot could perform in your pool prior to deciding which model to purchase. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 with any questions you may have.

Dean

Deanasked

Hi. Just bought a Maytronics M400 with wonder rollers recommended for tiled pool. Water parameters are in specification. Used twice and followed instructions as per manual. Happy with the way it cleans the pool bottom.However, I cannot get it to climp the wall. Can you please provide information on the setting up. The manual does not provide a lot of information.

Good Afternoon Dean,
There could be a number of reasons that your M400 is not cleaning the walls;
- Algae on the pool surface
- PH Levels
-Water temperature.
Are you available to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2 as we are more than happy to assist you with your robot.
Kind Regards
Dee, on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team,.

AlanRW

AlanRWasked

I have a Dolphin M400 (brand new). At the end of the cleaning cycle the power light stays on. I have to turn the power off and then back on again to start the cleaning cycle.
This seems very strange, so I wanted to know if this is normal?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Alan. We can confirm that is this is normal. The power supply operates independently to the robot and will remain powered on after the robot's cleaning cycle has finished. It will, however, turn itself off after an extended period of time. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Gavin P.

Gavin P.asked

We recently changed our pool from fiberglass to small smooth mosaic tiles. Will the wonder brush rollers still work?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Gavin. Wonder Brushes are recommended for smooth surface types such as fibreglass and tiles and are therefore compatible with your mosaic tiles. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Paul

Paulasked

I have an M400 with Rubber tracks. I had a peeblecrete pool but have just had it resurfaced - now fully tiled. Can i convert my M400 to the Foam roller tracks? If so where do i purchase the replacement rollovers from?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Paul. The brushes on your Dolphin M400 are definitely able to be converted to Wonder Brushes to suit your tiled pool. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com and the team will locate the closest dealer that is able to assist.

Susanne K.

Susanne K.asked

M400 will Not Start
Display Shows me only Power on and Bluetooth
There is no dirt inside we checked ist twice. Ist there a way to reset?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Susanne. If the power supply LED light stays on and the robot displays signs of not functioning correctly, we recommend to check for obstructions within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller (which resembles a fan on the top of the unit), may be tangled with leaves, hair, and so on. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Debris or an object may be stuck in the tracks and/or rollers. Again, with the robot disconnected from power, turn it on its back and roll the brushes with your hands. You may feel resistance if there is something stuck. If you cannot roll the brushes to free the obstruction, you can take the side plates off the unit and inspect the full tracks and rollers. If the above recommended troubleshooting does not resolve the issue, it is recommended that the robot be assessed. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Lesley

Lesleyasked

What is the purpose of the 4 foam rubbers and if disintegrating do I need to replace ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Lesley. The white, foam-like brushes are called Wonder Brushes. This brush type is recommended for surface types such as tile and fibreglass. These brushes do wear overtime and will require replacement over time. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

Mick C.

Mick C.asked

my m400 stopped working yesterday, the light is on the power pack however cleaner does not move

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Mick. As the LED light on the power supply remains illuminated and the robot displays signs of not functioning correctly, we recommend to check for obstructions within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller may be tangled with debris which may result in a robot not moving. Disconnect the robot from power, and remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit, and examine. If any obstructions are found, they are to be removed. There may also be debris stuck in the tracks and/or rollers. With the robot still disconnected from power, you can remove the side plates off the unit and inspect the full tracks and rollers. If any obstructions are found, they are also to be removed. Should this not resolve the problem, please locate the robot's serial number and contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Garry

Garryasked

Can I stop my M400 from trying to climb the walls of the pool?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Garry. The Dolphin M400 is programmed to clean a pool's floor, walls and waterline. It's programming is unable to be changed. The robot will climb approximately every four minutes. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further information.

Nicolas L.

Nicolas L.asked

Is there supposed to be polystyrene inside the Dophin M400?. Had to remove sides in order to get the protective plastic film off the rollers...almost successfully. I saw 4 x pieces as of polystyrene which surely should have been removed during factory assembly?

Stacey K
Stacey K

I do not recall seeing polystyrene packing inside the unit when first opening it. Sorry.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Afternoon Nicholas, the foam you mention is part of the buoncy float inside the Dolphin M400. If you are able to message me your preferred contact number, we would be happy to asssist you. Kind Regards, Dee on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team.

Queenslander

Queenslanderasked

My Dolphin cleaner has been working perfectly for months but in the last week it simply regurgitates the leaves on the bottom of the pool through the front vent rather than sucking them into the filter basket. I also have to frequently clear debris out of the impeller. I used to do this once every 6 months bit now it happens every time the Dolphin runs. The whole unit is clean. What is going wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

When debris is escaping from the filter cartridge or basket, it may be due to the filters themselves being blocked or clogged or, the filters not being correctly fitted to the cartridge or basket. Ensure to give the filters are thorough rinse and/or soak them with warm water and cartridge cleaner. Also ensure that each filter screen is snapped into place and that no gaps are visible. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Alan Houstonasked

Just bought my new M400. Can I operate it with the cover on? We have a electrically operated pool cover that floats on the surface and goes over the side to rails installed beyond the coping stones. Thanks, Alan.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning Alan, Although it is acceptable to leave your Dolphin in the pool, we would not recommend that you cover the pool unless you are confident that your water chemistry is correct. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693657 Option 2 if we can assist in any way. Kind Regards Dee.

Alan Houston

Thanks: I check the chemistry daily anyway, so that won't be a problem.

Alan.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Do not hesitate to advise if we can assist at any time in the future. Kind Regards Dee.

Mark A.asked

Hi, my m400 worked perfectly and was did and amazing clean for about 90mins as it would do the whole pool very well. Recently, for some unknown reason, it only cleans for about 10-15mins and then stops. Anybody know how to get it back to running a full length clean please. My timer doesn't have any options to change the length either which is the odd part as all it has is the operation delay timer and filter bag indicator. Thanks

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Mark. When a robot runs for a short period of time and then stops, it may be due to an obstruction in the impeller (fan at the top of the unit) or in the drive tracks. If these are both clear, please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

ok thanks, I will check both of these. Thanks

Lisa
Lisa

I would contact Maytonics

Ellenasked

First off, our pool has never been cleaner! We are quite pleased with our purchase.
I have trouble getting the m400 out of our pool, however. Any tips to make this easier? It's quite heavy!

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ellen, Thank you for your enquiry. There are two tips we would like to share which may assist you.
1. Where able don't bring the Dolphin straight out of the water, rest the buoyancy arms on the ledge to allow the water to drain away.
2. If you have steps or a bench, we recommend you try and bring the Dolphin to the ledge , then remove the cartridges filters from the machine and then remove the Dolphin from the water. Do not hesitate to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2. Kind Regards Dee.

Craig Smith
Craig Smith

Hi Ellen, yes, it is quite a heavy unit. I think the price of building such a robust and solid machine.
I do a Dee has suggested. The Dolphin seems to be programmed to always stop near an edge of the pool, but sometimes at the deep end. So, using the long-handled pool brush, I hook the buoyancy cross arm and lift the unit up to mid depth, then drag it to the stairs and gently attempt to position it at the top most stair.
Remove the filters to reduce the weight as much as possible and if the stairs recess has a right-angle corner above the first stair, this is a big plus. I position the unit up into that top corner and then with one foot on either side of that right angle, it’s possible to get out over and above the unit’s centre of gravity which makes the lift so much easier. And of course, saves your back and that remedial visit to the chiropractor. I then lift it up onto the copping to drain completely.
It would be interesting to hear if anyone has come up with any ingenious ways of lifting their units out of the pool, without going to the extreme of using a helicopter and winch.
Regards, Craig Smith

Ellen

Yes,moving it towards the steps on the shallow end then removing the filters has made it much easier. I appreciate both responses! Thank you

Jenn

Jennasked

There is a few small and medium size rocks in my pool. Is it safe to run my dolphin in the pool with these in there? We didn't want to mess it up.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Jenn. So that we can best assist, please send through some photos of your pool and if possible, these small and medium sized rocks to our Customer Care team at customercareau@maytronics.com, along with your best contact number, Once received, one of our Customer Care team members will contact you to discuss. Thank you.

Vinny c

Vinny casked

I have a dolphin m400
I need to test the cable but can't figure out how to get the center cover off?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning Vinny, Thank you for your enquiry. You can unscrew the cap and then that should allow you to pull the cover out. If you require further assistance please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2. Kind Regards Dee.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives