Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400 Questions & Answers

126 questions from our users

Susan K.

Susan K.asked

I bought a Dolphin M400 a couple of days ago. I am not entirely happy with it. I find no support so far. When i tried to download app for my robot, it said wrong app and took me to an app for m500? it was registering product too as a 500 which cant be right. Also I cannot find any information on additional filters supplied, what are they? I am in France but only speak english?

suzanne
suzanne

If it’s only a week old take it back to the place you brought it from and under consumer rights they should replace or refund your money.
I have never had a problem in 7 years with mine.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Susan. We are sorry to hear that you aren't entirely happy with your Dolphin. Could your best contact information please be provided, along with your location and the robot's serial number to customercareau@maytronics.com and our team will be in contact to further assist.

Mary Kay K.

Mary Kay K.asked

I have a dolphin M 400 and when closing the covers over the filter - they no longer close - they just open! there seems to be some crud under the large button you push down to open it (which when you push down on it - it doesn't move at all) - I can't figure out how to get this cleaned. Have taken the cover off but can't see a way to get to it - might need a new latch? if one can remove it and replace it. Help please! thanks.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Mary. If the lid latch on your Dolphin M400 are no longer closing correctly, they may be worn and require replacement. To assess these areas to confirm as to whether replacement is required, please contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com or 1300 693 657 option 2 to locate your closest repair agent or please visit us at https://book.mydolphin.com.au/find-a-dealer/

Roberta G.

Roberta G.asked

We bought the Dolphin 400 about a month ago. It was working great but yesterday noticed it won't move. One side of wheels isn't moving. It goes on and one side spins the other is stuck. What can we do? We don't see any reason for this.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Roberta. We recommend to remove the side plates and check the tracks for any obstruction that could be causing this to occur. If these are clear, we then recommend assessment of the unit. Please contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com or 1300 693 657 option 2 to locate your closest repair agent.

Bob K.

Bob K.asked

My M4 doesnt work this year. It performs the out of the water test, (maytronics youtube shows that a foreward and reverse cycle and quits because it senses its out of the water) my unit doesn't do an alternating oposite direction wheel movement but both sides move forward and then reverse togather, then stops. Not being in the water this would seem right. But it does the same foreward and reverse in the water then quits. I assume that there is possibly a water sensor that is malfunctioning. If Im correct, where is it, and how do I get a replacement?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Bob. Thank you for your enquiry. We recommend assessment of the robot to understand as to the part/s required. Please contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com with your location and postcode to locate your closest dealer.

Toni D.

Toni D.asked

Hi, I started looking at the m200, but now I am looking at the m400. I was told by the rep that is would not get stuck on main drain. I had considered the active 30i, but the dealer said treat one would definitely get stuck. Such an expensive item to get without the proper info. Can some help guide me?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Toni. Each pool is different with regards to their construction and surface type. We can arrange for our colleagues to contact you to further discuss your pool and look into which robot/s could be the best suited. Please email our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com with your contact information and location and will will arrange for you to be contacted. Please also feel free to enclose any photos of the pool to assist the team in identifying suitable models.

Brett

Brettasked

My cleaner will not climb the pool walls anymore. It did when new, its only been used perhaps 15 times. Purchased in Feb 2020. Pool is tiled and retailer took care to sell me the correct model. What could the problem be ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Brett. Maytronics robots are designed to maintain a clean pool. General pool maintenance is still required for a pool to remain in its most optimum condition. When a robot is experiencing difficulty in climbing, it may be due to the filter cartridges may be dirty or clogged and if so, it may affect the robot’s ability to climb as they become filter and are unable to correctly filter water. The filters are able to be soaked in cartridge cleaner or a mild dishwashing detergent and warm water to assist in the removal of in-grained debris. Algae can be on the pool surface before it is visible with the eye. Build up on the walls and/or slope of the pool from body oils, sunscreen, and even liquid solar blankets can also prevent your Dolphin from climbing properly. If your unit is attempting to climb but slipping and sliding on the wall as it does so, try brushing the walls and/or slope down manually once to loosen this build up. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own, going forward. Water chemistry levels and pH levels that are out of recommended range can prohibit the unit from climbing to the waterline. This is due to the surface becoming slippery and thus, rendering the robot unable to gain the grip / traction required to climb. We recommend a full water test and the pool balanced, where required. Following this, a manual brush down of the surfaces to ensure any slipperiness has been attended to. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance.

D H.

D H.asked

hi I'm taking care of a friend's pool and their power comes on and I can change the settings but it won't move curious what to do with it I took it all apart but not sure what to do with it now cuz nothing is stuck in any parts. I have it stripped down to the motor but have no clue what to do with it cuz I can't get inside of it?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi D H. If no debris or obstructions are visible within the impeller and/or the drive tracks, we recommend the robot be assessed. The assessment includes the motor unit. Please provide your location and postcode to our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will provide information regarding the closest dealer that is able to assist.

Tonya L

Tonya Lasked

Why does my dolphin M400 stay in one end of the pool ...? I put it at the opposite end and it returns to the end of the pool

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Tonya. The robot may be staying at one of the pool if the other areas are too slippery. We recommend to start the robot at a different location and/or as close to the centre as possible. We also recommend a full water test to ensure the pH and chlorine levels are as required followed by a manual brush down of the surfaces to shift any slipperiness that may be prohibiting the robot from moving freely. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance.

Alex K.

Alex K.asked

HI,
We had a massive thunderstorm last night and i think the battery pack has got wet and now doesn't work.
Do you think it will be the cable or the battery pack that is broken?
If i buy a new battery/power pack, does it come with a new cable/plug?
many thanks
Alex

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Alex. In most cased if the power supply has been exposed to water and it has seeped into the unit, it will require replacement. We do recommend testing by your local dealer to confirm that this is the case. When a replacement power supply is purchased, the black power cable is not included. It is available for purchase separately. Please contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com with your location and postcode and they will assist in locating your closest dealer.

Martin S.

Martin S.asked

i have wonder brushes how do you keep them wet?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Martin. The Wonder Brushes will remain damp for a certain amount of time when the robot is removed from the pool. If the robot be stored away between cleaning cycles and the brushes dry, they will re-moisten when the robot is put back in the pool. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com for any further assistance.

MAtt A.

MAtt A.asked

Hi, My dolphin M400 started the this morning then just stopped. I have checked it has 29V DC out put from the power supply. The power on lights up with out the cleaner plugged in but turns straight off when plugged in. Is there another trouble shooting guide I can follow before pulling it all apart? What resistance should I expect on the cable to the cleaner or is it full of electronics> What is the part no. for the motor unit?Regards MATT

Wilson M

I have a Dolphin M400, and it's working completely fine, but I'm just concerned because a small twig has managed to get into one of the tread's bearing and motor area. Since this area is sealed with transparent plastic, I could see the twig. How can I get the twig out? Will it affect the cleaning of the robot in the future?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Matt. We understand that you have been in contact with our Customer Care Team and that troubleshooting is being provided to resolve this with you.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Wilson - to remove any foreign objects from within the robot, we do recommend an authorised service technician assess this for you. Please contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com along with a photo of the twig and your location and postcode.

Pete

Peteasked

Hi Team Maytronics,
I have a Dolphin M400 pool cleaner which is just on 3 months old. It is a fantastic cleaner, well built and much better than the 3 other brands which I have had in the last 5 years. The only trouble I am having is it gets stuck on the end of the pool step and sometime on the curve of the pool floor and wall junction and in those cases I have to pull it away otherwise it will stay there for the duration of the cleaning cycle.

The pool is fibre glass and the water pH and chemical balance is correct and tested weekly. The robot has the white soft rollers, the filters are cleaned daily or before use and the impeller is check regularly. The movable float handle at the top has been adjusted to different positions and doesn't make any difference. Would you please offer a solution.
Kind regards Pete

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Pete. When a robot becomes stuck on a step, at the movement of the arms does not seems to resolve the issue, we recommend to send any photos and/or video to our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com along with the robot's serial number and your location and postcode. The team will be able to understand as to how and where the robot becomes stuck and work with you towards and solution.

Wilson Masked

I have the M400 for a few weeks now, but I've started to notice that it doesn't seem to climb the walls very well. It starts to climb up, then stops and goes the other way, back down the wall. I've also noticed that sometimes it keeps going, but it doesn't seem to be able to climb up the wall, and so it's just moving it's treads while staying where it is on the wall. It also sometimes starts leaning to one side when climbing. What's wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Wilson. When a robot is experiencing difficulty climbing, it may be due to factors such as the following:
The filter cartridges may be dirty or clogged. Filter cartridges are able to be soaked in cartridge cleaner or a mild dishwashing detergent and warm water solution to assist in the removal of in-grained debris. The walls may have a build up of body oils, sunscreen, imbalanced water chemistry etc. Factors such as can prevent your Dolphin from climbing properly. If your unit is attempting to climb but slipping and sliding on the wall as it does so, try brushing the walls and/or slope down manually once to loosen this build up. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own going forward. Should water chemistry levels, such as the pH and chlorine, be outside of recommended range, this may prohibit a robot from moving freely around the pool and/or climbing to the waterline. This is due to the surface becoming slippery and thus, rendering the robot unable to gain the grip / traction required to manoeuvre correctly. We recommend a full water chemistry test and the pool balanced, where required. Following this, a manual brush down of the surfaces to ensure any slipperiness has been attended to. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Melissa F.

Melissa F.asked

Good morning,

We have a dolphin m400 (approx 5 years old)..

Our home has just been flooded and the entire dolphin unit (stand, dolphin & power supply) submerged in approx half metre of water.

Is it possible to open the power supply somehow to enable to unit to dry out in the sun before we test to see if it still works?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Melissa. We are sorry to hear that your home had recently been flooded. Unfortunately power supplies are not waterproof and when exposed to water, may cease to function. If water can be heard within the power supply and/or has been submerged, we do recommend it be replaced. Once the power supply has been dried out, generally in an area that is out of the elements, there is no guarantee that it will function correctly if it does turn on again. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com who will locate your closest authorised Maytronics dealer to have the power supply assessed.

Rodersasked

Is the M400 supposed to have Bluetooth and work with the My Dolphin App?
Website seems to say it does but I cant see any Bluetooth lights on our Power Supply and the App doesn't pickup our M400?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Roders. The Dolphin M400 is unfortunately not smartphone or Bluetooth compatible. This particular model does not have the components required to make it compatible with Bluetooth. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply, is it an upgrade option?
Looking from the Maytronics website it shows the M400 with Bluetooth and App support?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Roders. The Dolphin M400 unfortunately does not have the option to upgrade to Bluetooth. The weblink provided is for Maytronics in the U.S whose robots are designed for that particular market and its specifications. Should the M400 have this option on the website, it is for the U.S only.

Scott D.

Scott D.asked

We have a ~7 year old Dolphin Swash (came with the new pool from the pool builder) which is being used in a 4x8m in-ground non tiled rectangular pool with an extra 3m step area. It has served us pretty well despite a couple of controller box issues over the years. It seems it is just about due for replacement as it is not performing like it should - not picking up as well and the drive and tracks are pretty worn and it doesn't like climbing the walls anymore. Probably not worth investing in repairing it as I am told the motor is due to go any time soon.... So what should I replace it with? which model or is there an alternate brand that people would recommend? I am price sensitive.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Scott. We are glad to hear that your Dolphin Swash has done well since its purchase and that it is still in operation. As it is seven years old and in need of repair, it is an option to have repair/s quoted. If this is something you are interested in doing, please contact our Customer Care Team who will assist in locating your closest authorised Maytronics dealer. if you are interested in a new robot, they start at $1049 for a floor only model and increase in price for wall climbing, smartphone connectivity etc. For more information regarding suitability, please do contact our Customer Care Team on on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com.

Jenny E.asked

We bought a 2nd hand fully seviced Dolphin s100. Scooting around the pool well . We have an oval vynal liner. It does not seem to want to clean in the corner curves. What can I do about this?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Jenny. When a robot is missing parts of a pool, we recommend to ensure that the robot enough slack in the cable to reach the entire pool. It is also recommended to try starting the cycle at a different location as the Dolphin’s scanning pattern will take it in a different path every time. It is also recommended to perform a full water test for all chemistry levels to be checked and the pool balanced as required. There may also be build up present on the surfaces of the missed areas that may also be preventing the Dolphin from being able to efficiently clean them. For this, brush the surfaces down manually and the unit should then be able to maintain them on its own. If the filter cartridges are dirty or clogged, it may also affect the robot’s ability to clean. Filter cartridges are able to be soaked in cartridge cleaner or a mild dish washing detergent and warm water to assist in the removal of in-grained debris.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Anytime. We hope you have a great day.

deanasked

i bought my m 400 just before christmas and noticed straight away that it wont climb the walls of our fiberglass pool at all ive played with the float arms in all different positions but to no avail .i also noticed the unit inside the box comes with foam rollers but the pic on the box shows the rubber type.i went back to the shop who told me there technicians are all on holidays but couldn't offer me any other advice ..i wanted the rollers changed to the rubber type as my old zodiac cx20 had the rubber rollers and climbed the walls fantastically..ive also played with ph levels to see if that makes any diff but to no avail..now i must admit it picks up all the fine dust better than any other cleaner ive used in the past but this is the only one that wont even attempt to climb the wall for $2000, bucks im really disappointed tbh

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dean. When a robot is experiencing difficulty in climbing and/or will not climb to the waterline, it may be due to a few certain variables. If the cartridges are be dirty or clogged, this may affect the robot’s ability to climb. Filter cartridges are able to be soaked in cartridge cleaner or a mild dish-washing detergent and warm water to assist in the removal of in-grained debris. The type of filter may also impact a robot’s climbing ability. If you are currently using the ultra-fine filters, swap these to the spring/net filters. This filter type is able to filter water more easily and in turn, may allow the robot to climb easier. Algae can be on the pool surface before it is visible with the eye. Build up on the walls and/or slope of the pool from body oils, sunscreen, and even liquid solar blankets can prevent your Dolphin from climbing properly. If your unit is attempting to climb but slipping and sliding on the wall as it does so, try brushing the walls and/or slope down manually once to loosen this build up. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own going forward. Water chemistry levels, such as chlorine, and pH levels that are out of recommended range can prohibit a robot from climbing as the pool surface. This is due to the surface becoming slippery and thus, rendering the robot unable to gain the grip / traction required to climb. We recommend a full water test and the pool balanced, where required. Following this, a regular manual brush down of the surfaces to ensure any slipperiness has been attended to. For fibreglass pool surfaces, Wonder Brushes are recommended. These brushes are the white, foam-like brushes of which are currently fitted to your robot. These brushes are best suited to smooth surface types, such as this. Please do not hesitate to contact us via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

dean

hi there the filters are cleaned after every use i have tried both sets that came with the m 400 the pool uses a enviroswim filtration and the ph and copper levels are correct . ive brushed down the walls every time i get in the pool ive played with all the adjustments on the unit with no avail yet my old cx 20 zodiac will climb the walls with ease if i throw it in the m400 is fantastic for getting the fine dust the zodiac would get but i paid a lot of money for this unit and as it sits it's not fit for purpose. i believe if it had the rubber grips likes advertised on the box it come in they would help as there very similar to the zodic than climbs the walls like a mountain goat for 2000 bucks im very disappointed if it cant be sorted i would like to return it for a refund as i can buy a much cheaper cleaner just to do the floor as thats all the m400 is doing atm regards dean

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dean. Thanks for getting back to us. If the robot is still experiencing difficulty in climbing to the waterline, we recommend the robot be assessed so we can identify as to what is causing the robot to not climb. Please contact our Customer Care Team with your location and postcode via email to customercareau@maytronics.com and they will advise as to the closest dealer or branch that is able to further assist.

Dianne

Dianneasked

When I have the maytronic 400 cleaning the pool after a while it turns off is there a timer on it or does it switch itself back on later

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dianne. The Dolphin M400 unfortunately does not have a timer feature of which allows it to turn off and on. When a robot switches off mid-cycle, we recommend to check for any obstruction/s within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller, which resembles a fan, may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Debris may also be stuck in the tracks and/or rollers. Again, with the robot disconnected from power, turn it on its back and roll the brushes with your hands. You may feel resistance if there is something stuck. If you cannot roll the brushes to free the obstruction, the side plates are able to be removed from the unit to inspect the full tracks and rollers. Should this above not resolve the problem, assessment of the robot is recommended. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 who will gather your location and postcode and will advise of the closest dealer that is able to further assist.

Kim

Kimasked

Yesterday the cleaner had to be turned off 30 minutes after it started cleaning and now it will only run for 30 minutes. All the settings are fine and doesn't need cleaning. Any ideas?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Kim. When a robot switches off mid-cycle, we recommend to check for any obstruction/s within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller, which resembles a fan, may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Debris may also be stuck in the tracks and/or rollers. Again, with the robot disconnected from power, turn it on its back and roll the brushes with your hands. You may feel resistance if there is something stuck. If you cannot roll the brushes to free the obstruction, the side plates are able to be removed from the unit to inspect the full tracks and rollers. Should this above not resolve the problem, assessment of the robot is recommended. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 who will gather your location and postcode and will advise of the closest dealer that is able to further assist.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives