7Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:99991048-AUI23, 99991049-AUI23 and M400
Fiona C.
Fiona C. · Dolphin M400

We installed a pool this time last year and bought the M400 cleaner with the pool. My cleaner keeps getting stuck on the corner of our bottom step. I've tried adjusting the handles to different positions but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It means I have to go out every 5 mins or so to check on it and I can never put it on and leave the house.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Fiona, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400.

Climbing steps and benches/ledges as areas that require cleaning is not part of the mapping process that each robot undertakes in order to clean any pool. As robotic pool cleaners have a footprint of approximately 400mm, it is not guaranteed that robots will be able to climb steps and benches/ledges due to the variance in size, shape, depth and shape of steps between pools.

Whilst it is not uncommon for a Dolphin to navigate to these areas, the water depth may be too shallow for the robot to navigate. A minimum water depth of 400mm is required for the Dolphin to function as it ensures that the impeller is fully covered by water.

If there is anything further we can do to assist, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

michael f.
michael f. · Dolphin M400

What is purpose of the handle slides that slide out of my m400

Maytronics   DM

Hi Michael, Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Dolphin M400.

The blue floats on the M series range are adjustable by popping them to their outer position. The reason for this varies a little from different models but on your Dolphin M400 dual drive machine they`re usually adjusted to allow better wall climbing ability and or carry a heavier debris load up a wall during the climb.

They slightly increase the buoyancy lift rate. By popping them to their outer position, it gives the machine a helping hand when trying to get to the waterline if the walls are slippery. The same with the debris load, most pools debris is only leaf matter so you wouldn’t normally use the floats but people in very sandy areas that have high amounts of sand being picked up, weights the machine down and makes it hard to climb so the floats can over come that a little as we.

If there is anything further I can do to assist, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Karen B.
Karen B.

He is so right ,that will work .a great machine. You will get used to it then will love it just remember not to leave it in the pool when not in use ,then you will have many happy years with it

Sally H.
Sally H. · Dolphin M400

My Dolphin has scratched a few of our pool gunite stairs on the edge climbing has anyone else experienced

Maytronics   DM

Hi Sally, Thank you for the feedback of your Dolphin M400.

Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. We require your robot serial location, postcode, photos/videos to enable our team to get a better understanding of what you're experiencing.

Many thanks!

Gary V.
Gary V. · Dolphin M400

What does the start button blinking red mean? The filters are clean. It just started blinking red when it is off. Before when it was off the light blinked green and blue when it was on. It is connected to my home WiFi.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gary, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400.

Please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available when calling.

Pat B.
Pat B. · Dolphin M400

We bought our m400 about 6 years ago. Last year we noticed that the pool was leaking. Professionals came and found numerous small holes in the liner. They said the m400 was the reasons for the holes. The liner was new when we bought the m400. If this cleaner does not work with vinyl liners , it should state that. Has anyone else have this problem

Maytronics   DM

Hi Pat, Thank you for providing feedback on your Dolphin M400.

There would be a number of reasons why holes could appear in a vinyl liner and as the cleaner is in the pool, it can easily be seen as the cause. There are many variables that could contribute to this and an in depth assessment is required to determine as to any potential cause.

Maytronics recommends to contact our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 693 657 option 2. Alternatively, please email us at customercareau@maytronics.com with the serial number of your Dolphin, any photographs and/or documentation.

Thank you!

Pete T
Pete T

We have had the same issue over the years with our Dolphin M400. Our stairs are liner-covered (not the white vinyl stairs) and we have had numerous tears at the stairs over the years where the tread and the riser meet. No tears anywhere else in the pool ever. My only explanation is that the Dolphin must pull at the vinyl when climbing the stairs and is causing these tears where the tread and riser meet. Wish there was a setting where the Dolphin doesn't climb walls and only cleans the bottom of the pool. Thoughts?

Kurt
Kurt · Dolphin M400

my m-400 is brand new, only used twice. Today when I put it in the pool it doesn't move and the light on the power supply is blinking 4 times. Not sure what that means and how to get it to work?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kurt, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your robot serial number available when calling.

Carla W.
Carla W. · Dolphin M400

On my M-400 there is three lights on the power supply #1, #2, and #3. When I select 1,2 03 what will the machine do?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Carla. Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like the power supply you have with your Dolphin M400 has the weekly timer feature. The weekly timer feature allows for automatic programming of the Dolphin to perform a cleaning cycle every day, every second day or every third day within a seven day cycle.

By pressing 1, the Dolphin will perform a cleaning cycle every day, for seven days. By pressing 2, the Dolphin will perform a cleaning cycle every second day, for seven days and by pressing 3, the Dolphin will perform a cleaning cycle every third day, for seven days.

Tom
Tom · Dolphin M400

Replaced the tracks and they are falling off is there an adjustment to tighten them up?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Tom. Thank you for reaching out. If you are finding that the tracks are not firmly staying onto the Dolphin, Maytronics recommends these be assessed to determine whether they require replacement or, if another part is causing this.

To locate your closest agent, please visit us at external link  and select "Robotic Repairs" from the dropdown menu or, contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further assistance.

Michael G.
Michael G. · Dolphin M400

Michael G. · just now
I have a dolphin 400 which is 4.5 years old. It has stooped working and now needs a new motor, tracks pulley and guide wheel, which I am told will cost us over $900 to repair. This seems unbelievable for a unit that is supposed to last years and is not cheap to buy. Any suggestions please?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Michael, Thank you for providing feedback in regards to your Dolphin M400. To get a better understanding of what you're experiencing, please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Many thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!

Cody T.
Cody T. · Dolphin M400

Hi we brought our m400 about a year ago and it wasn't untill a friend if ours with one mentioned they have an app for there m400, I have downloaded the app and tried to connect but phone can't find it, no qr code on power box either.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Cody, thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400. Please call our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your serial number available and we will check to ensure it is the M400 IOT model that you have.

Sarah Pollock · Dolphin M400

Hi - why does our M400 always get stuck in the same place at the corner of the first step? We have tried altering the handle, starting it from somewhere else, but it seems to always get stuck on the first step? Any ideas?

Ian S.

Mine was getting stuck in the deep end and would not come back took it to repairer and it was a problem with the motor but being the m400 he could not stress enough to get it repaired not replced

Maytronics   DM

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400.

Our Dolphin robots are not programmed to clean steps, benches, and tanning ledges. The robots need a minimum depth of 31-41 inches to function properly, if the water level covering the robot is less than this, the Dolphin will shut down as a failsafe.

The Dolphin will only be able to clean the stairs if it has room to stand on them entirely and if the water level is deep enough.

If there is anything further we can do to assist, please kindly contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Sarah Pollock

Ok, I think I mistyped it. The robot gets stuck at the bottom corner of the first step on the bottom of the pool. This step is covered by 4 ft of water? It does not come out of the water at all?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Sarah, Please kindly call the customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. We can run through more indepth troubleshooting with you. Please have your serial number available when calling.

Ian S. · Dolphin M400

Ii have a dolphin it is about8 years old both tracker are turning but it only travels in one direction stays down the deep end it won't come back

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ian, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin M400. If you are located in Australia, please kindly contact the customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. We will be more than happy to assist you further. Alternatively, if you are located outside of Australia, please kindly advise of your location and we will put you in contact with the appropriate department.

Ian S. · Dolphin M400

My dolphin m400 travels one but not two ways can you help

PKR
PKR

Not sure i understand the problem, they only move 'forwards' apart from brief moments when coming down off walls etc. is it not turning, is it getting stuck in a corner? can you explain the problem more other than it will only go one way.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ian, Thank you for your enquiry. If you are located in Australia, please kindly contact the customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. We will be more than happy to assist you further. Alternatively, if you are located outside of Australia, please kindly advise of your location and we will put you in contact with the appropriate department.

Mark · Dolphin M400

My M400 starts to climb the wall to the water line but after a hour or so only seem to climb to the water line in one direction not the other after about 2 hours it does not reach the water line in either direction and turns on The wall when I go to check the filters there is very little sand or dirt In It and a small amount of dust on the ultra fine filters
I was told to try to run one half with the ultra fine filter and the other side with the fine net
Should that help or make it unbalanced?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, Thank you for reaching out to us however as you are located in the US and we are in Australia we suggest that you contact our US Team as they are more familiar with the models being supplied in the US.

Many thanks - Customer Care Team Australia

Gene
Gene · Dolphin M400

My robot misses a few spots in my pool. Any suggestions?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gene. Thank you for reaching out. If your Dolphin is missing parts, ensure that the robot enough slack in the cable to reach the entire pool and also to try starting the cycle at a different location, such as the middle, as the Dolphin’s scanning pattern will take it in a different path every time. It is recommended to also soak the filters in cartridge cleaner or a mild dishwashing detergent and warm water solution to assist in the removal of in-grained debris. If a water test has not been performed in some time, it may be that the pool is out of balance of which could be contributing to the Dolphin missing parts.

Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

alain C. · Dolphin M400

I don't understand what is the role of the floats, relative to the handles
I use my M400 with the handles in diagonals and it climbs well the borders :what if I draw laterally the floats ?
I understand that if is not not possible to clean the stairs
Finally, it seems that my M400 is strong and hungry and "eats" some of my tiles ... Can we reduce its strength ...?
Regards

Alain (from France)

Maytronics   DM

Hello Alain. Thank you for reaching out. When the handle is adjusted, it is recommended to ensure that the locking mechanism is in place and is not jammed with any debris such as leaves, sand etc as this can prevent the mechanism from surely locking the handle into the desired angle as this allows for the Dolphin to clean across the waterline.

Dolphin robotic pool cleaners use gentle suction to clean as they are not forceful, like a vacuum. If you are finding that tiles are coming away, this may be due to their age. However, please do send photos through to our Customer Care Team at customercareau@maytronics.com along with information regarding the Dolphin and your contact information.

Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

alain C.

I am ok with the handle in diagonal
It is well locked
What I do not understand is the role of the floats on each part of the handling bar we use to get the robot out of the swimming pool
What is we slide them laterally (« deployed wings »…)
Nothing about these structures on the manual
Regards
Alain

Maytronics   DM

Hi Alain, The blue floats on the M series range are adjustable by popping them to their outer position. The reason for this varies a little from different models but on your M400 dual drive machine, they`re usually adjusted to allow better wall climbing ability and or carry a heavier debris load up a wall during the climb.

They slightly increase the buoyancy lift rate. By popping them to their outer position it gives the machine a helping hand when trying to get to the waterline if the walls a slippery. Same with the debris load, most pools debris is only leaf matter so you wouldn’t normally use the floats but people in very sandy areas that have high amounts of sand being picked up, weights the machine down and makes it hard to climb so the floats can over come that a little.

Mark · Dolphin M400

How can you add more floats to the dolphin M400 to help it climb the wall with out sliding down
Thanks Mark

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark thank you for your enquiry. As previously mentioned, we do not recommend a wall climber (M400) for a vinyl pool. I would suggest reaching out to your local authorised dealer or contacting our friendly customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. If you are located in a country other than Australia, please advise and I will put you in contact with the appropriate department of your specific country.

I am in NJ USA

Mark

I was told that the M400 should have no problem climbing a Vinyl liner by tech support and my dealer

Mark

Is there a Dolphin pool cleaner you recommend for a In ground True L vinyl liner pool

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, Please contact our US team on the toll free number 1-888-365-7446. The friendly team can assist you further with your questions. Many thanks - Customer Care Team Australia

Mark

Does the M600 climb better on the walls than the M400?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Mark. The Dolphin M600 will climb the wall in a similar to the Dolphin M400. We recommend to speak with our US team for further information.

Chris ecker
Chris ecker · Dolphin M400

M400 - maybe two years old, its not the one that works with wireless, but Bluetooth. I use my app to do my pool cleaning. When I start the app, it ask to turn on bluetooth, I agree. It then finds my dolphin, I select it. It would normally go to a "mode" like cleaning for 2.5 hours or whatever it says and I would say, start cleaning .... for a while now, it saying, "start cleaning" and when I do, it says Cleaning Now "no mode" ... however, it never starts cleaning or doing anything .... please help this is getting really old my tag says 3-1-19 as a date

Maytronics   DM

Hello Chris. Thank you for reaching out to us in relation to the issue you are experiencing with your M400. Can we please ask you to give us a call on 1300 693 657 option 2. We believe your issue could be due to a number of things so it would be easier if we could talk through some troubleshooting with you on the phone. If you are unable to call please let us know and we can send you through some troubleshooting via email. Enjoy the rest of your day!

gemassie · Dolphin M400

Just got my M400 back from an authorized repair center after replacing the motor (3 years old). They left the handles tilted, i.e. one fully forward the other fully back. My M400 has the swivel cable so I am thinking I don't need to angle the handle? 2nd question is which position is fast and which is slow? Thanks in advance!

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gemassie, thank you for reaching out regarding your Dolphin M400. Adjusting the handles at an angle will determine the speed at which the Dolphin advances along the waterline.

Setting the handle to the 'normal advance' gives a slower speed meaning it travels less distance and covers less surface area but scrubs longer, and setting it to 'faster advance' means it travels a greater distance and covers more surface area but scrubs for less time.

Experiment with the handles on different angles and the floats in different positions to get the best results for your swimming pool.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

gemassie

Normal and slow, got that. Is there any marking on the M400 handle adjustment to show which is the 'normal' i.e. which direction to move it for slow or fast? I'm not seeing anything. And when you say adjust at an angle does that mean speed is adjusted only when either handle is not parallel to the other? Thanks.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gemassie, thank you for your reply. Please kindly contact our customer service team on 1300 693 657 option 2, and we can go through this in more depth with you.

Many thanks!

gemassie

Do you have a U.S. number I can call? Thanks again!

Maytronics   DM

Hi Gemassie, The US toll free number is: 1-888-365-7446.

Mark · Dolphin M400

Is there a problem in the app for the M400 with the tilt button I can use the joy stick to move or turn the M400 but when I turn on the tilt it turns blue but the M400 does not move when I move my phone
What am I doing wrong or is this a app problem?
Thanks Mark

Maytronics   DM

Hi Mark, thank you for reaching out in regards to your Dolphin M400. Please kindly reach out to our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2, and one of our friendly team members will be able to assist you further with your questions.

Many thanks and have a great day!

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Select a listing for your question
Maytronics Dolphin M400