Maytronics Dolphin M400

Listing monitored by Maytronics

155 questions from our users

David
Davidasked

My new M400 climbs walls fine but doesn’t run along the waterline, it just stays where it surfaces, cleans that bit before then reversing back down the wall to the pool floor ! I’ve tried adjusting / locking the handle so it stays at right angle to Dolphin but it doesn’t seem to actually lock in place. Thanks in advance for any help :-)

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hello David. Thank you for reaching out. If the handle is in the main position, the Dolphin will clean that straight up and down area of the wall and waterline. However, if the handle is adjusted to be on either angle, the Dolphin will them assume that angle when it reaches the waterline. If the handle does not appear to lock into place, Maytronics recommends to ask the store of purchase for assistance in securing the desired angle. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Carolyn C.asked

Can anyone tell me what the different positions of the handle?
What position does the handle have to be to up the walls?
Thanks any help would be appreciated

Shane Williamson
Shane Williamson

Carolyn. if you offset the floats (handle) so they are at an angle (left slant or right slant), the unit will go sideways on the surface against the tiles. if they are aligned the unit just stays vertical.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Carolyn, Shane is correct. When changing the direction of the handle, the robot will take this direction, especially when cleaning at waterline level.

Hi, thanks for that
Do you know if there is any written documentation that shows the different positions of the handle and what it achieves?

Shaggy38
Shaggy38asked

I have an m400 and it was working fine. Took it out of pool to clean and put it back in. Now it doesn't turn on. Light is on the power supply but nothing happens.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Shaggy38. Thank you for reaching out.

If you Dolphin M400 is not working correctly, it is recommended to check its impeller and drive system for any obstruction/s that may be contributing to its performance. If these areas are clear, assessment is then recommended to determine the issue.

Please visit us at https://maytronics.com.au/support/find-a-dealer/ to locate the closest agent to your location that is able to assist.

MiMi L.
MiMi L.asked

What would stop one side of the brushes from moving?

Hi MiMi

Thank you for reaching out.

There may be an obstruction in the track that can cause this from happening or it may also be an issue with the drive motor.

If you are able to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 opt 2 one of our team members will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you over the phone.

Keith
Keith asked

Hi,
I have an M400 which is 4 years old. I have changed all of the brushes and the white pads. Since I put it back in the pool the robot doesn’t seem to scan the pool correctly. It does stop now and again seeming to scan but doesn’t turn 90 degrees. It then just moves back and forth to each side of the pool. I have looked at all of the brushes to check if there is anything obstruction but there is nothing at all.
Can you tell me if there is a problem with the electrical scanning printed circuit or anything else to help me .?
Keith

Pat M.
Pat M.asked

I have a M400. I changed the climbing rings, and also noticed the drive brush had a broken/stripped gear and bearing assembly on one side. I bought a new piece and installed it in the dolphin. it does good on the bottom and half way up the side but when it gets to the vertical angle of the pool one side runs faster than the other. What can I do to fix this? it is probably why the gear stripped out last time.

Hi Pat
Thank you for your inquiry - if you could call our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 opt 2 when you are able our team can go go through some troubleshooting with you regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Maria
Mariaasked

Hi need help as the foam rollers look dirty and green. Squeezed the water out, made no difference.

Hi Maria

Thanks for reaching out.

Have you tried to hose the rollers out with a hose under high pressure? The fact that they are green may indicate that there may be some algae in your pool. If so this is quite hard to eliminate from the rollers by just a simple squeeze out and you may need to hose them off. If this does not assist please call our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 Monday - Friday 8:30am -5:00pm and one of our team members will be able to assist you further.

Timothy D.
Timothy D.asked

I just purchased a new M400 (my second one, since a I was so pleased with the first one). I love the wifi connectivity on this one but do have one question -- is there a filter full notification that I'm missing? The older M400 has a light showing the filter was full. Maybe in the app somewhere (although I haven't been able to find it)? Thanks, Tim

Hi Timothy

Thank you for reaching out regarding your new purchase of a Maytronics Robotic Pool Cleaner - The full filter indicator is on the app, however Maytronics recommends cleaning out the filters after every use to ensure the cleaner is always working at its optimal level.

If you require any further information please give us a call on 1300 693 657 option 2 and one of our Customer Care Team will be able to assist you.

Brendanasked

Hi there, I have just received the M400 and I am pretty surprised to find that I have there white foam rollers and not the tracks that I have seen on all my research prior to ordering. I have seen some negative reviews on these rollers and I was not given an option of rollers or asked what type of pool I have before ordering. Should I insist on getting the rollers replaced or does anyone really recommend these rollers for a mosaic tile pool. Thank you

Hi Brendan

Thank you for reaching out regarding your new M400 WB Dolphin robotic pool cleaner. The M400 comes in two styles one is a Wonder Brush version which is two full foam rollers at the front which suits a smooth surface pool such as concrete, fibreglass tile or vinyl.

The other version is a Combined Brush which is suitable for rougher surfaces such as pebblecrete, quartz or granite. It seems that you have the correct unit for your tiled pool.

If you require any further information please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and one of our Customer Care team members will be able to assist you further.

Thanks for

Brendan

Hi and thank you, sorry but there are some buts. Before I bought this cleaner I did research it and unless I am mistaken I am pretty sure that I read that it is suitable for all types of pools. I have a pool in a figure of 8, tiled with steps. I was ready to have the supplier replace the rollers or do something but, on doing some more research I have had some confirmation that the rollers I have are supposed to be the most suitable so, then I have put the cleaner into my pool and so far I am quite disappointed! it is not climbing the walls at all, it is not climbing a small 20cm step and it is missing a lot of areas and seems (so far) to be repeating itself and missing quite a few parts of the pool I have run the cleaner twice (cleaning the filters in-between) but these problems seem to be persistent. What should I do please? just to clarify, I have I am pretty sure the wonder brush version with 4 white foam rollers 2 front and 2 back not just 2 foam rollers at the front as you mention (unless I am misunderstanding)

Hi Brendan

Thanks for your reply - there are a few reasons why the cleaner may be missing sections of the pool this may be due to water chemistry imbalance or the pool surface may need to be brushed down. With the steps the cleaner will not always clean steps as it depends on the depth of the water and the height, width and depth of the step as the cleaner will only be able to reach a step that it can fit onto. If you can please give me a call on 1300 693 657 we will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you.

ACE
ACEasked

The cable has started to get tangled in the brushes of the dolphin. We have had the dolphin for 3 years and have never had this issue before. Suggestions on how to prevent this from happening?

Hi Ace

Thanks for reaching out regarding your Dolphin robotic pool cleaner.

If you could call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693657 option 2 when you are able and one of our team members will be able to go through some troubleshooting with you which may be able to assist. We can also take a look at the serial number to see if the unit is still in warranty for you.

Carly L.
Carly L.asked

How does the X40 clean top steps of it has to be in a minimum of 0.8m depth of water?
A bit upset as we have a huge shallow part of the pool that just will never get cleaned :(

Hi Carly

Thank you for reaching out regarding our Dolphin X40 Robotic Pool Cleaner. Maytronics robotic pool cleaners are fitted with an out of water sensor which protect the unit from burnout when not in a certain amount of water. If you can please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2 one of our team members will be able to discuss this with you further.

Flossie M.
Flossie M.asked

Will poor filters affect wall climbing?

Country boy

Only if quite full, which after owning mine for almost a year now can be say is a very minor issue compared to what it will do. The net filters are fine, only the small micron filters when full are a tiny bit problematic if climbing is a big priority

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Flossie thank you for your inquiry - yes the quality of the filters may affect the cleaner from climbing, this may be due to them being full of debris, dirt and dust. After each use Maytronics recommends taking the robot out of the pool and hosing the filter basket and filters out which will help with the longevity of the filters. If you require further assistance please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2

BLMFasked

Can you clean with the pool cover on?

I can't see why not

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi BLMF. A robot is able to be used whilst a pool cover is on the pool however, it is recommended to remove the robot from the pool as soon as the cycle is completed and it be rinsed with fresh water prior to storage. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Thank you!

Ian
Ianasked

Maytronics Trident- Can a basic power supply be upgraded to a programmable one?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ian. Depending on on the model, an upgrade power supply may be compatible to allow for the weekly timer feature to become activated for use. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Sue F.asked

My matronics 400 is tangling above the float . It has a swivel cable ( white thing ) on it !
Any tips on how to stop it ? We have untangled entire cable twice but it keeps happening Could it be the swivel and if so how do I check ?

Country boy

The swivel is supposed to prevent tangling and it's never once happened to mine. Turn off the power first and just check if yours actually has the swivel and if it swivels. Earlier models didn't have one

Sue F.

Mine is 4 years old . I was told the white thing in it was the swivel ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Sue. If the cable is experiencing tangling, we recommend to disconnect the cable from the power supply and remove an tangle/s working from the robot outward and then laying it in the sun to soften. If this does not resolve the problem, we recommend the cable be assessed. Please do not hesitate to contact Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Pool owner
Pool ownerasked

Does the M400 develop a memory and if so, how do I delete that memory?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Pool Owner. Dolphin robotic pool cleaners do not hold memory as they are constantly scanning the pool and they take a different path each time they are set to perform a cleaning cycle. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Sandra T.
Sandra T.asked

Can the robot climb right angled walls?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Sandra. The Dolphin M400 is able to climb walls of which are at a right angle. As it is a dual drive robot, it is generally able to manoeuvre in these areas with ease. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Teresa R.
Teresa R.asked

Does the light go off when you have programmed to clean every 3 days?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Teresa. When the robot is used in conjunction with the weekly timer feature, the power supply will flash between cleaning cycles as it is in standby mode. After the seventh day, the power supply will switch off. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

rob
robasked

hello, I am looking for a replacement for a failed Zodic robot. I have a fully tiled pool. Is the Dolphin M400 suitable for tiled pools?

Country boy

Yes, they have two models of M400, One has WB wonder brushes installed depending on pool surface type

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rob. The Dolphin M400 is suitable for a variety of pool surfaces, inclusive of tile. As it is a wall climbing model, it will clean the pool's floor, walls and waterline. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Phillip T.
Phillip T.asked

How can I stop my M400 getting stuck on the steps of the Pool or getting stuck on the side of the Pool as it has come up on an angle

Country boy

Provided you're cleaning the filters regularly (should be doing this every run if possible) the impeller should have enough force to push down and give traction to move back and forward anywhere

You can try adjusting the arm float positions (should not be running it with both sides in the same position hole) and also adjust a float or two out

All the best

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Phillip. If your pool is a smooth surface such as fibreglass or tile, you can remove off the black rubber fins on the robot's side plates as these may grip the pool's surface when the robot is trying to climb or maneuver around steps. The direction of the robot's arms may also assist in the robot's direction around these areas. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Other Robotic Pool Cleaners