Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400 Questions & Answers (page 2 of 6)

113 questions from our users

Nicolas L.

Nicolas L.asked

Is there supposed to be polystyrene inside the Dophin M400?. Had to remove sides in order to get the protective plastic film off the rollers...almost successfully. I saw 4 x pieces as of polystyrene which surely should have been removed during factory assembly?

Stacey K
Stacey K

I do not recall seeing polystyrene packing inside the unit when first opening it. Sorry.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Afternoon Nicholas, the foam you mention is part of the buoncy float inside the Dolphin M400. If you are able to message me your preferred contact number, we would be happy to asssist you. Kind Regards, Dee on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team.

Queenslander

Queenslanderasked

My Dolphin cleaner has been working perfectly for months but in the last week it simply regurgitates the leaves on the bottom of the pool through the front vent rather than sucking them into the filter basket. I also have to frequently clear debris out of the impeller. I used to do this once every 6 months bit now it happens every time the Dolphin runs. The whole unit is clean. What is going wrong?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

When debris is escaping from the filter cartridge or basket, it may be due to the filters themselves being blocked or clogged or, the filters not being correctly fitted to the cartridge or basket. Ensure to give the filters are thorough rinse and/or soak them with warm water and cartridge cleaner. Also ensure that each filter screen is snapped into place and that no gaps are visible. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Alan Houstonasked

Just bought my new M400. Can I operate it with the cover on? We have a electrically operated pool cover that floats on the surface and goes over the side to rails installed beyond the coping stones. Thanks, Alan.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning Alan, Although it is acceptable to leave your Dolphin in the pool, we would not recommend that you cover the pool unless you are confident that your water chemistry is correct. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693657 Option 2 if we can assist in any way. Kind Regards Dee.

Alan Houston

Thanks: I check the chemistry daily anyway, so that won't be a problem.

Alan.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Do not hesitate to advise if we can assist at any time in the future. Kind Regards Dee.

Mark A.asked

Hi, my m400 worked perfectly and was did and amazing clean for about 90mins as it would do the whole pool very well. Recently, for some unknown reason, it only cleans for about 10-15mins and then stops. Anybody know how to get it back to running a full length clean please. My timer doesn't have any options to change the length either which is the odd part as all it has is the operation delay timer and filter bag indicator. Thanks

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Mark. When a robot runs for a short period of time and then stops, it may be due to an obstruction in the impeller (fan at the top of the unit) or in the drive tracks. If these are both clear, please contact our Customer Care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

ok thanks, I will check both of these. Thanks

Lisa
Lisa

I would contact Maytonics

Ellenasked

First off, our pool has never been cleaner! We are quite pleased with our purchase.
I have trouble getting the m400 out of our pool, however. Any tips to make this easier? It's quite heavy!

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Ellen, Thank you for your enquiry. There are two tips we would like to share which may assist you.
1. Where able don't bring the Dolphin straight out of the water, rest the buoyancy arms on the ledge to allow the water to drain away.
2. If you have steps or a bench, we recommend you try and bring the Dolphin to the ledge , then remove the cartridges filters from the machine and then remove the Dolphin from the water. Do not hesitate to call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2. Kind Regards Dee.

Craig Smith
Craig Smith

Hi Ellen, yes, it is quite a heavy unit. I think the price of building such a robust and solid machine.
I do a Dee has suggested. The Dolphin seems to be programmed to always stop near an edge of the pool, but sometimes at the deep end. So, using the long-handled pool brush, I hook the buoyancy cross arm and lift the unit up to mid depth, then drag it to the stairs and gently attempt to position it at the top most stair.
Remove the filters to reduce the weight as much as possible and if the stairs recess has a right-angle corner above the first stair, this is a big plus. I position the unit up into that top corner and then with one foot on either side of that right angle, it’s possible to get out over and above the unit’s centre of gravity which makes the lift so much easier. And of course, saves your back and that remedial visit to the chiropractor. I then lift it up onto the copping to drain completely.
It would be interesting to hear if anyone has come up with any ingenious ways of lifting their units out of the pool, without going to the extreme of using a helicopter and winch.
Regards, Craig Smith

Ellen

Yes,moving it towards the steps on the shallow end then removing the filters has made it much easier. I appreciate both responses! Thank you

Jenn

Jennasked

There is a few small and medium size rocks in my pool. Is it safe to run my dolphin in the pool with these in there? We didn't want to mess it up.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Jenn. So that we can best assist, please send through some photos of your pool and if possible, these small and medium sized rocks to our Customer Care team at customercareau@maytronics.com, along with your best contact number, Once received, one of our Customer Care team members will contact you to discuss. Thank you.

Vinny c

Vinny casked

I have a dolphin m400
I need to test the cable but can't figure out how to get the center cover off?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning Vinny, Thank you for your enquiry. You can unscrew the cap and then that should allow you to pull the cover out. If you require further assistance please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2. Kind Regards Dee.

mohamed e.

mohamed e.asked

Hi, we recently purchased a Dolphin M400 it works fine and goes around the pool but it seems to leave some spots untouched, it doesn't seem to follow a specific path to clean the pool sometimes in the middle of the pool it randomly changes direction without reaching the end.
and also it never climbs the wall which is tiled and in an angle of 90 degrees with the floor. Any ideas?

thank you.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Good Morning Mohamed, When convenient, are you able to give our Customer Care Team a call on 1300 693657 Option 2? There are a number of troubleshooting tips we can assist you with to get your pool beautifully clean with your new Dolphin . Kind Regards Dee, on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team.

Dena

Denaasked

My dolphin400 filter light comes on all the time, I check it yes there is small stuff in it but just around edges shouldn’t have to clean them out every 15 min?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dena. The light is a reminder to empty and clean the filter cartridges after the robot's cycle. This flashing light does not impact the robot's performance in any way. Please do not hesitate to contact us via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Frank C.

Frank C.asked

I just bought a M400, unboxed it, put it in the water, switched it on and absolutely nothing happens. Does the power supply unit holds a battery that has to charge first???

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Frank. When first placed in the pool, a robot should show signs of movement as it will begin to map the pool. If your robot has been fitted with Wonder Brushes (white, foam-like brushes), it needs to be ensured that these brushes are fully soaked in and that the robot sinks to the bottom of the pool prior to being powered on. There is also no battery within the power supply itself for it to require charging prior to use. Please contact out Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Amy S.

Amy S.asked

We have just purchased the M400 used but in good condition. Should I do a factory reset on this machine? How do I do that? I see the reset button but I am not sure if that is all I need to do.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your enquiry Amy. You do not need to do a factory reset, the Dolphin does this each time it is turned on. If you want us to check the warranty on your machine, please email the serial number to customercareau@maytronics.com.

CLAY M.

CLAY M.asked

Can I increase the cycle time on my m400 circa 2016
cheers clay

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your inquiry Clay. Unfortunately the option to increase your cycle is not available on the Dolphin M400. Should you wish to discuss this further please call 1300 693 657 Option 2. Kind regards Dee, on behalf of the Maytronics Customer Care Team,

kevin

kevinasked

does the m400 get stuck on the main drain that is not flat to the poll bottm on an inground pool?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Kevin. The M400 may not get stuck on the main drain, however, it does also depend on the size of the main drain and also how high up it sits from the pool's surface. Please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or customercareau@maytronics.com with any further enquiries.

Mark W

Mark Wasked

i have a Dolphin M400 and I recently downloaded the My Dolphin app.... Since then, my robot won't work! Help?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Mark. The My Dolphin smartphone application is not compatible with the Dolphin M400. It is, however, compatible with the Dolphin M500. As your robot is not functioning, please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or, via email to customercareau@maytronics.com.

Dana Lou R.

Dana Lou R.asked

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a manual for my aunts dolphin emailed? I can not find hers and I’m not sure what the buttons mean exactly. We have one that says p.no. 9995678 and the s/n is T03117132

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dana. The part number provided is for the power supply of the robot. The robot's serial number is located inside the robot where the filter/s are and is an alphanumeric sequence of ten digits. Once we can identify the model of robot, we can arrange to send its manual. Please contact our Customer Care Team directly on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com.

Geoffrey G.

Geoffrey G.asked

Will not reverse

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Geoffrey. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com and we will be able to look into this with you to understand what is happening with your robot. Thank you.

obedch200

obedch200asked

I just got a new M400 and as I'm lifting it out of the pool (gosh its heavy) it puts dirty water back in the pool. What am I doing wrong please?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your enquiry. When a robot "drops" debris or it falls out after a cleaning cycle, ensure that your Dolphin’s filter cartridges are not dirty or clogged and are cleaned thoroughly after each cycle. Also ensure that the filter cartridges are properly installed by checking that each of the 4 cartridges is snapped in place and that no gaps are visible. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance.

Iain P.asked

I've had a Dolphin 400 for 10 months. I have a tiled pool and it used to climb the walls but recently it stopped climbing the walls. I have checked the impeller which is clear. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Iain. When a robot stops climbing the walls it could be due to a few factors. Firstly, we recommend ensuring that the filter cartridges are clean as if these are dirty or clogged, it may affect the robot’s ability to climb. We also recommend a full water test to ensure all of the water chemistry levels are were they need to be. A manual brush down the pool surfaces will also loosen any build up of body oils, sunscreen or algae that may have started to form. The Dolphin should then be able to grip these surfaces and maintain them on its own going forward. If the above does not rectify the problem, please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this with you further. Thank you.

Iain P.

I recently had to empty and refill the pool and at present the chlorine level is very high due to the addition of shock. Could a high chlorine level prevent the Dolphin from climbing the walls. I should have added it's not just that the Dolphin is not climbing the walls, it does not even lift the front off the floor to get into a vertical position. Could this all be due to to very high chlorine level? Thanks.

Peter

Peterasked

I clean my pool approx 3 times a fortnight. Dolphin is now just blowing the green algae up through the impeller and out into the pool. Pool will be really clear when starting cycle and end up murky once cycle finished. Filters are always clean before starting . any ideas

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Peter. Thank you for your enquiry. In the first instance, it is recommended to isolate the source of the algae and treating it from there. A full water test is also recommended to ensure that all of the chemical levels are as required. We also recommend ensuring that the filters are clean and are snapped into place with no visible gaps. If this does not resolve the problem, please send a few photos of what you are experiencing to customercareau@maytronics.com with your best contact number. Our Customer Care Team will be able to assist you them there.

David P.asked

I just got my new M400 and used it right away. It climbed the wall to the waterline once very early on in the cleaning cycle. Aftr that, it just went up to the wall sitting at the bottom of the pool, stayed there, brushes rolling, and then went back. The walls of my pool and waterline were not cleaned.
I have a rectangular pool, 90 degree corners and material of the pool is polypropylene. Please advise.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi David. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we can discuss what you are experiencing with your robot in depth. Thank you.

Wim
Wim

I have the same problem and it seems to be al lof of people do have this problem ? The only answer I see ... give us a call....
Please explain here what the problem is.

David P.

for me the following resolved this:
- scrub the walls of your pool thoroughly using a pool brush - this was the key things for me - while they looked clean, I think they were too slippery
- ensure your PH and CL levels are good

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives