Maytronics Dolphin M400

Maytronics Dolphin M400 (page 2 of 3)

• Pool Size
    • Average (10)
    • Large (5)

Jillie

JillieAU

Really great robot

Water is crystal clear and catches everything. It can’t climb my steps unless I reduce the angle on the floaters, that seems to help it climb them easier?? Does everything and is fun to watch. I now want to sbuy the cover to keep it dust free on my patio. Excellent scrubbing.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Factually piece of crap!

This is a grossly over rated and over priced product. Does not come close to living up to its claims. Shame on me for purchasing it based on over inflated advertisement. Anything else I have to say would be offensive. I only hope no else get suckered on this product or its claims,

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Owned nine months and really happy!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
JtotheR

JtotheRMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do not buy if your pool is curved in shape or has curved sides!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, we would love to help you get the best experience with your Dolphin M400. Please call us on 1300 693 657, we are here to help.

Good product

Had the same problem threw a golf ball in which sat in the deep end and solved that problem. It ran over the golf ball and sent in on a new direction now cleans both ends of the pool. I have had the same machine for 12 years and it has had an active 12 years in the pool. Replaced motor drive after 6 years

Date PurchasedMar 2006

Kidney Pool

Just doesn’t work on kidney shaped pool... It may work on a rectangular or square pool but the curved sides on a kidney shaped pool knock the machine out of any pattern to cover the pool. The machine I trialled spent 95% of its time down the deep end of the pool. After a couple of hours I dragged it down to the shallow end but it soon crept down to the other end. Shame, I would love to have a robot cleaner that worked!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Noel, Please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can help you get the best performance out of your pool. We would love to help you.

Noel
Noel

Further to my note: I don’t believe that the machine actually maps the pool and systematically cleans the pool as implied by the advertising. My observation is that it’s largely random, steered only by the various weights on the machine.

chris

chrisRome

Don't waste your money

Lasted less than a year and won't even attempt to turn on. Wasn't cleaning the entire pool when it was working, always missed the same part of the pool no matter what setting I used. Really disappointed that it won't even turn on anymore. I was told that this pool cleaner was the best one on the market but I could have bought two of my last pool sweeps and it lasted a whole lot longer than a year.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Very unsatisfied!

Very expensive product. Bought it in late May. Stopped working in early July after just a few weeks. We sent it in for "repair" and they held on to it for 2 weeks, replaced some part (drive motor, I think), and then called and said it was fixed. When I brought it home it still was not working at all!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Maytronics Supreme M4

Worked well for about a month. Then left small dirt on bottom. We bought it last summer and this summer didn't clean that well and the end of June it completely quit working. Won't turn on or anything. Messaged customer service and we still have heard nothing from them. Do not think it was worth the money considering it only worked for 1 summer. Also very disappointed we heard nothing back from customer service.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi, I believe you are up an running again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Dead after less than a year

Blue power lights come on for 2 seconds then goes off. Checked all outlets and ground fault. Cleaned filters still doesn't work--not happy! Checked all troubleshooting info i could find, nothing works. Hope this is not a bad sign of things to come. Would expect more than one year of service!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi William, best option is to call us on 1300 693 657 so we can help you and get some further details. Your cleaner is under warranty so you have some peace of mind.

Can Pool

Can PoolLethbridge

Disappointed

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Allan Shamblerocean shores

Turns itself off.....

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Allan Shambler

We replied to the Maytronics official as soon as we received his e mail and have had no contact since

ocaiera

ocaieraSydney

Excellent cleaner

After purchasing this, I couldn't ever own a pool without having one of these. Makes my life so much easier, now I can get on to the other outside jobs whilst this cleans the pool for me. Cleaning the robot takes 2 mins before I put it away in the garage.
Expensive at 3k but honestly for the fact it makes my life easier, it's worth it.
Only negative I have is that since I've purchaed it over a year and a half ago, absolutely no communication from the Maytronics company, no emails no phone calls no post asking if I'm happy. Other brand names like Miele for my white goods are in constant contact.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Worked for 1.5 seasons and now won't turn on anymore.

Worked for 1.5 seasons and will no longer turn on. What a waste of money. Tried everything. For this kind of money it should be better quality then this. Now I have to attempt their warranty process and see if they will live up to their warranty promises. Sad that this happens.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Russell

RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bloody Bonza Mate

Originally had the M3, but found it got caught in the corners of my pool. Was given a full refund on my upgrade to the M4 and have never looked back. Excellent and recommended to anyone. Mine is a 10m x 4m concrete pool. Cudos to Aqua Service Nowra who sold me the original and upgraded Dolphin.

Awesome after sales service - up and running in no time with a replacement part

Makes me angry

I have a pool 10 mts x 5 mts. The M4 always forgets the corners, doesn't clean the bords. In the deeper part of the pool, the robots stays working from right to left, cleaning always the same stroke. Whatever combination of the floaters I use, it always come back at the same spot.
The only splutions is to clean myself the old fashioned way. This is my second robot. The first, the Dolphin with the flashy colors worked better. Answers to Maytronics were not answered. Of course. What do they care. I am looking for another brand now, hoping for better service.

MTAU A.Maytronics
Dirkdk
Dirkdk
MTAU A.Maytronics

If the robot is taken out of Australia, they are no longer covered by Maytronics Australia.

Id buy another, but I dont have to.....

Grahame WRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very Good

With the trolly it is easy to transport and store away. Doesn't jam up like previous filter driven cleaners.The best part is just to put it in the pool and turn it on and walk away unlike the filter suction cleaners where purging the suction line of air is necessary. Easy to clean and after 12 months constant use no problems mechanically.

Grahame W

Had a question on how i keep cable from tangling. Answer is i lay cable out flat next to the pool taking all twists out before putting into pool

See all Maytronics Dolphin M400 reviews

dean

deanasked

i bought my m 400 just before christmas and noticed straight away that it wont climb the walls of our fiberglass pool at all ive played with the float arms in all different positions but to no avail .i also noticed the unit inside the box comes with foam rollers but the pic on the box shows the rubber type.i went back to the shop who told me there technicians are all on holidays but couldn't offer me any other advice ..i wanted the rollers changed to the rubber type as my old zodiac cx20 had the rubber rollers and climbed the walls fantastically..ive also played with ph levels to see if that makes any diff but to no avail..now i must admit it picks up all the fine dust better than any other cleaner ive used in the past but this is the only one that wont even attempt to climb the wall for $2000, bucks im really disappointed tbh

Dianne

Dianneasked

When I have the maytronic 400 cleaning the pool after a while it turns off is there a timer on it or does it switch itself back on later

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Dianne. The Dolphin M400 unfortunately does not have a timer feature of which allows it to turn off and on. When a robot switches off mid-cycle, we recommend to check for any obstruction/s within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller, which resembles a fan, may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Debris may also be stuck in the tracks and/or rollers. Again, with the robot disconnected from power, turn it on its back and roll the brushes with your hands. You may feel resistance if there is something stuck. If you cannot roll the brushes to free the obstruction, the side plates are able to be removed from the unit to inspect the full tracks and rollers. Should this above not resolve the problem, assessment of the robot is recommended. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 who will gather your location and postcode and will advise of the closest dealer that is able to further assist.

Kim

Kimasked

Yesterday the cleaner had to be turned off 30 minutes after it started cleaning and now it will only run for 30 minutes. All the settings are fine and doesn't need cleaning. Any ideas?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Kim. When a robot switches off mid-cycle, we recommend to check for any obstruction/s within the impeller and the drive tracks. The impeller, which resembles a fan, may be tangled with leaves, hair, and other debris. With the robot disconnected from power, remove the impeller cover, which is located at the top of the unit where the blue cable is connected, and examine the unit. Any obstructions are to be removed. Debris may also be stuck in the tracks and/or rollers. Again, with the robot disconnected from power, turn it on its back and roll the brushes with your hands. You may feel resistance if there is something stuck. If you cannot roll the brushes to free the obstruction, the side plates are able to be removed from the unit to inspect the full tracks and rollers. Should this above not resolve the problem, assessment of the robot is recommended. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team via email to customercareau@maytronics.com or on 1300 693 657 option 2 who will gather your location and postcode and will advise of the closest dealer that is able to further assist.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Download manual