7Maytronics Dolphin M400

76% · 6418 · 21%

Luke
LukeCentral Queensland, QLD

Doesn't climb that well

The dolphin M400 has cleaned the floor of our pool amazingly. The pool now looks 100 percent. One of the downfalls is it will rarely climb walls or the beach we have at the entrance of the pool. Not sure if there is something wrong with it but i thought for 2100 bucks it would do this easily. Show details ·  1
Stacey K
Stacey KGippsland, VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive M400

Our pool looks amazing with minimal effort!

The M400 is easy to use, the filters are easy to clean, it’s runs for 2 hours straight, it climbs the walls of the pool to the top lip, it even cleans our spa including the straight edge seats! It’s perfect for people who don’t have hours to waste on cleaning, worth every cent! Show details
Mike
Mike

Workhorse

Great pool cleaner it does what it suppose too and leaves my pool nice and clean when finished ( glass pebble)
I usually leave the fine debry basket in as my pool gets alot of dust & settles to the bottom, this Dolphin cleans it right up no worries!
What would of been nice on this model is an app to control manual navigation/ cycle time/ and clean modes, should be a standard thing on this model range.
Happy with my Dolphin M400. Show details
Lisa
LisaSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Fantastic

After dealing with pool cleaners and the like which was a rip off and stressful, I finally bought a Dolphin. It is a revolution in pool maintenance ... just magic and has made owning a pool a pleasure. Show details
Matt
Matt

Love my Dolphin!!

My Dolphin M400 has been life changing - no more untangling the old robot driven by the booster pump and no more manual vacuuming! Easy to use, covers every part of the pool floor and picks up everything the gum and jacaranda trees can throw at it.
I leave the super-fine filters on there all the time and they’re great for collecting everything from big bits down to the fine sediments that get blown into the pool. The pool is kept nice and clean by running the Dolphin once a week and it’s east to flush out afterwards - the filters pop out and can be hosed down. Note it is a heavy unit though, especially when you first lift it out and it’s full of water.
Overall I’d highly recommend if you’re in the market for a new robot! Show details
Anu
Craig SmithGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts
Tony P
Tony PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA5 posts

Works well. Good customer support

We bought an M400 after getting a demo by our local pool shop. Right from the start our unit had trouble as it would get caught on the lowest step in our pool. After some back and forth between ourselves, the pool shop and Maytronics, Maytronics provided a set of different side covers and the cleaner has been performing perfectly since. It now does a great job of picking up dirt and debris from the pool. Recommended. Show details
Lisa M.
Lisa M.South East Queensland, QLD
  M400

This little machine runs great cleaning the pool with no fails!

This cleans all size materials and even dust from the water!
This machine has been working great I have had it now 6 I have a large 90k sqm fibreglass pool!!
I would happily go recommend this product to anyone wanting to update cleaners. Show details
Eric
EricGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Sensational cleaning machine

We purchased a home with a pool of around 50,000L and no pool cleaner. Not knowing much about how pools operated, we engaged the local pool shop who were supportive and sold us a machine that looked like a stingray and didn't really work leaving soot on the floor and other debris. I spoke with friends in Qld who have the M400 and swore by it, so I contacted Maytronics, had a demo of the M400. Unbelievable machine, simple to use, easy to clean and does what you expect. Our pool floor has never looked better. A free demo, cost nothing, give it a try. Show details
Kris Steadman
Kris SteadmanSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  M400

Awesome cleaner, great service from maytronics

contacted Maytronics for a demo of the m400 and i was contacted almost immediately by a local dealer who arranged to come around with the unit and give it a run in my pool. The agent from the pool shop was able to answer all my questions which ultimately lead to me purchasing the M400.

The M400 does an excellent job of cleaning fine debris from my pool, i don't really have a problem with leaves. Seeing as i've got a cartridge pool, having the M400 frees up my skimmer box to just filter the top of the water. I'm also able to save power by running my pool pump on the eco setting.

All in all, great purchase, should have picked one up ages ago. Show details

GTorrens
GTorrensSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

DO NOT BUY FOR ABOVE GROUND POOLS

Was a gift, cleans ok, spends too much time up walls, has now punctured liner. Power supply failed, and had to be replaced. Does not like curved surfaces, stairs, etc. The edges (front and rear) are too sharp for tight spaces. Show details
Maytronics   DM

Hi GTorrens. We would like to discuss this with you in depth to understand how we are able to assist. Could you please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or at customercareau@maytronics.com at your earliest convenience.

MarkR
MarkRSydney, NSW

Excellent Cleaner

Had an old Polaris pressure cleaner which gave up the ghost just before Christmas and decided to replace it with a robotic cleaner. We have a rectangular pebblecrete pool and after the recent storms in Sydney I put this cleaner in the pool for 4 days in a row. The amount of fine dust this has managed to remove from the pool is incredible. Very happy with the performance. The only downside I can find is the weight of the cleaner when you remove it from the water. I guess that's a small price to pay for its ability to scrub surfaces as well as vacuum debris.

KAZ
KAZ

not happy

we have just been told that it will cost more than a new one to repair . it run out of warranty 2 months ago . i expect that its life would be longer than that . out last one lasted 12 years with annual services different brand . It has been a good cleaner . but dies just after warranty grrr .NOW WHAT TO REPLACE IT WITH

Suzzie Q
Suzzie QSydney, NSW52 posts

great product

I replaced a Dolphin M4 which I had for 5 years, with a newer M400. I am using it for the first time today. I can see a big improvement already. I am so happy about the change and would recommend this model. It's so easy to use. Easy to maintain and clean.

Ryan
Ryan
  Verified M400

It get stuck easily on the steps of the aquatechnics fibre glass pool

Got this robot cleaner for cleaning the rectangle shape fibre glass pool for dirt and leaves plus brush the surface of the pool. It get stuck at the corner of the steps very easily which I have to constantly check on it to make sure it is doing its job. I wish I can just switch it on and leave it. Not sure if it is because it is with form rollers in stead of the silicone flips rollers.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ryan, you have the correct brushes for your pool type. If you would like some tech support to get your Dolphin performing better in your pool, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we will gladly help you.

RSB
RSBAU25 posts
Jillie
JillieAU11 posts

Really great robot

Water is crystal clear and catches everything. It can’t climb my steps unless I reduce the angle on the floaters, that seems to help it climb them easier?? Does everything and is fun to watch. I now want to sbuy the cover to keep it dust free on my patio. Excellent scrubbing.

Chasmans1
Chasmans1

Factually piece of crap!

This is a grossly over rated and over priced product. Does not come close to living up to its claims. Shame on me for purchasing it based on over inflated advertisement. Anything else I have to say would be offensive. I only hope no else get suckered on this product or its claims,

Fred
Fred3 posts
JtotheR
JtotheRMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
Maytronics   DM

Hi, we would love to help you get the best experience with your Dolphin M400. Please call us on 1300 693 657, we are here to help.

Mark
Mark

Good product

Had the same problem threw a golf ball in which sat in the deep end and solved that problem. It ran over the golf ball and sent in on a new direction now cleans both ends of the pool. I have had the same machine for 12 years and it has had an active 12 years in the pool. Replaced motor drive after 6 years

Noel
Noel2 posts

Kidney Pool

Just doesn’t work on kidney shaped pool... It may work on a rectangular or square pool but the curved sides on a kidney shaped pool knock the machine out of any pattern to cover the pool. The machine I trialled spent 95% of its time down the deep end of the pool. After a couple of hours I dragged it down to the shallow end but it soon crept down to the other end. Shame, I would love to have a robot cleaner that worked!

Maytronics   DM

Hi Noel, Please call us on 1300 693 657 and we can help you get the best performance out of your pool. We would love to help you.

chris
chrisRome

Don't waste your money

Lasted less than a year and won't even attempt to turn on. Wasn't cleaning the entire pool when it was working, always missed the same part of the pool no matter what setting I used. Really disappointed that it won't even turn on anymore. I was told that this pool cleaner was the best one on the market but I could have bought two of my last pool sweeps and it lasted a whole lot longer than a year.

Lmt
Lmt

Very unsatisfied!

Very expensive product. Bought it in late May. Stopped working in early July after just a few weeks. We sent it in for "repair" and they held on to it for 2 weeks, replaced some part (drive motor, I think), and then called and said it was fixed. When I brought it home it still was not working at all!!!

Disappointed
Disappointed

Maytronics Supreme M4

Worked well for about a month. Then left small dirt on bottom. We bought it last summer and this summer didn't clean that well and the end of June it completely quit working. Won't turn on or anything. Messaged customer service and we still have heard nothing from them. Do not think it was worth the money considering it only worked for 1 summer. Also very disappointed we heard nothing back from customer service.

William
William2 posts
  M400

Dead after less than a year

Blue power lights come on for 2 seconds then goes off. Checked all outlets and ground fault. Cleaned filters still doesn't work--not happy! Checked all troubleshooting info i could find, nothing works. Hope this is not a bad sign of things to come. Would expect more than one year of service!

Maytronics   DM

Hi William, best option is to call us on 1300 693 657 so we can help you and get some further details. Your cleaner is under warranty so you have some peace of mind.

Can Pool
Can PoolLethbridge
Allan Shambler
Allan Shamblerocean shores4 posts
ocaiera
ocaieraSydney, NSW4 posts

Excellent cleaner

After purchasing this, I couldn't ever own a pool without having one of these. Makes my life so much easier, now I can get on to the other outside jobs whilst this cleans the pool for me. Cleaning the robot takes 2 mins before I put it away in the garage.

Expensive at 3k but honestly for the fact it makes my life easier, it's worth it.

Only negative I have is that since I've purchaed it over a year and a half ago, absolutely no communication from the Maytronics company, no emails no phone calls no post asking if I'm happy. Other brand names like Miele for my white goods are in constant contact.

Franco G
Franco G

Worked for 1.5 seasons and now won't turn on anymore

Worked for 1.5 seasons and will no longer turn on. What a waste of money. Tried everything. For this kind of money it should be better quality then this. Now I have to attempt their warranty process and see if they will live up to their warranty promises. Sad that this happens.

Russell
RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
Kel
Kel

Bloody Bonza Mate

Originally had the M3, but found it got caught in the corners of my pool. Was given a full refund on my upgrade to the M4 and have never looked back. Excellent and recommended to anyone. Mine is a 10m x 4m concrete pool. Cudos to Aqua Service Nowra who sold me the original and upgraded Dolphin.

Michael
Michael3 posts
Dirkdk
Dirkdk3 posts

Makes me angry

I have a pool 10 mts x 5 mts. The M4 always forgets the corners, doesn't clean the bords. In the deeper part of the pool, the robots stays working from right to left, cleaning always the same stroke. Whatever combination of the floaters I use, it always come back at the same spot.

The only splutions is to clean myself the old fashioned way. This is my second robot. The first, the Dolphin with the flashy colors worked better. Answers to Maytronics were not answered. Of course. What do they care. I am looking for another brand now, hoping for better service.

Anthor
AnthorHunter Region, NSW2 posts
Grahame W
Grahame WRichmond-Tweed, NSW17 posts

Very Good

With the trolly it is easy to transport and store away. Doesn't jam up like previous filter driven cleaners.The best part is just to put it in the pool and turn it on and walk away unlike the filter suction cleaners where purging the suction line of air is necessary. Easy to clean and after 12 months constant use no problems mechanically.

Show reply

Jims13
Jims13South East Queensland, QLD26 posts
  M400

Everything a pool cleaner should be

Started out looking for a robotic cleaner for our new pool after a bit of research I narrowed it down to the Hayward tigershark & the dolphin as both had a 3 year warranty so I figured they backed their products.

Settled on the dolphin M4 supreme , took it from the box dropped it in the pool plugged it in the power point and 1.5 hours later the 8-4 pool is looking brand new .

Highly recommend this product.

Busysinglemum