This cleaner never worked well
Unfortunately this cleaner has been a frustrating experience. It never cleaned all the pool and spent most of it's time in the deep end. The cartridge type leaf catchers have a small capacity and they kept bursting open inside the unit. The impeller would frequently get clogged. It was too heavy to easily take out of the pool. Numerous parts failed: the brushes, the cable, the cartridges, the s clips holding the cartridges closed, the power supply switches and now it has stopped working completely. The parts are so expensive it is not worth rebuilding it. I thought I was buying a top of the line cleaner but it has been disappointing.
Purchased for $1,800.
This is the second season that we've had this cleaner. It does a really good job, but the wonder brushes are worn out already.
I was shocked to find out that it costs over $100 a pair...and you need two sets..!
That's a lot of money in maintenance costs..
Purchased in April 2018.
Questions & Answers
Why does the cleaning mode say
No mode? What does that mean?
I have the Maytronics Dolphin M400
Only one side of my m400 is turning?
Haven’t gotten any input yet!?!?
Hello Lisa. Thank you for reaching out.
If only one side of your Dolphin M400 is working, assessment is required to determine as to what is causing the problem. Please visit us at https://www.maytron...ics.com.au/support/find-a-dealer/ to locate your closest agent or, contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.
It’s the bearings on one of the white turn thingys on bottom
I do not appear to be able to lock the handle in place for my M400 - the manual is pretty average on that front. Accordingly, it won't do the sides of the pool (which is the main reason I bought this). Can you please provide assistance on how to lock the handles at the appropriate angle?
Hello Simon. Thank you for reaching out.
When the handle is adjusted, it is recommended to ensure that the locking mechanism is in place and is not jammed with any debris such as leaves, sand etc as ...
Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives
- The Maytronics Dolphin M400 is a robotic pool cleaner that is designed to deliver a deep clean.
- It has 3 brushes and super scrubbing power to pick up fine debris.
- The pool cleaner is able to be programmed, so you can schedule weekly cleanings and spot clean at the push of a few buttons through the MyDolphin Plus App.
- A tangle-free swivel allows the cleaner to move freely around the pool, making for a precise clean.
- This product has a 36-month limited warranty.
Points of praise:
- Most reviewers found that the cleaner’s filters were easy to remove and clean.
- They also found that it thoroughly cleaned their pool, and was able to pick up fine dust and debris that other cleaners could not.
- Reviewers also appreciated the storage caddy for the cleaner, saying that it was handy to keep the cleaner tucked away when it wasn’t in use.
A point of pain:
- Some reviewers found that the pool cleaner didn’t perform as effectively on curved surfaces - some people with kidney-shaped pools noted that it didn’t cover and clean the whole surface area of their pool.
|Category||Robotic Pool Cleaners|
Other Robotic Pool Cleaners
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.